Garrett Gilbert

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I just wanted to put a little spot light on this guy since QB options in the 2015 season could easily decide our fate.

This is a guy that looks really, really, good with his mechanics back in preseason. From snap, to drop back, to delivery and arm strength, Gilbert shows exactly why he was drafted. He has the tools! However, he is extremly raw in regards to where he's putting the ball. The fact that they went out and got Keenum says a lot. But is there a chance we are overlooking this guy? It just begs the millions of dollars question on whether we can groom his mental make to match his physical ability. I'd love for JT to ask Fisher about Gilbert.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I don't think anyone really knows what Gilbert's got. We just didn't see enough.

No question reading a defense - processing things quickly - is what makes or breaks a QB. Does he have that?

I am not holding out hope being such a late round pick... But more than happy to give the guy my support and hope for the best!

jjab360

Legend
He might have the tools, but so do a ton of other guys. The most important attributes, his accuracy and decision making, were just all over the place unfortunately.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't think anyone really knows what Gilbert's got. We just didn't see enough.

No question reading a defense - processing things quickly - is what makes or breaks a QB. Does he have that?

I am not holding out hope being such a late round pick... But more than happy to give the guy my support and hope for the best!

He did throw a ton of picks in college. I don't know if that can be fixed. Big arm, really good overall athlete, but his decision making is key. He was very highly touted coming out of HS, but couldn't make it at Texas.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
The Rams should start Keenum a few games and see what he has before they make any QB moves.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gilbert doesn't do anything for me. IMO, he looked terrible in the preseason.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
He did throw a ton of picks in college. I don't know if that can be fixed. Big arm, really good overall athlete, but his decision making is key. He was very highly touted coming out of HS, but couldn't make it at Texas.

Big arm, good overall athlete, decision making is key ??? Wait for it.................................

The Rams play them tomorrow...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Gilbert doesn't do anything for me. IMO, he looked terrible in the preseason.
LOL.....he was overwhelmed....Schotty playbook....Remember his bowl game with Texas...kid can really throw...can he learn to process the information....quickly...that'll be the key

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
LOL.....he was overwhelmed....Schotty playbook....Remember his bowl game with Texas...kid can really throw...can he learn to process the information....quickly...that'll be the key

I didn't like the guy in college either.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I didn't like the guy in college either.
Let me put it this way.
I was at the Rams first open practice. I was with a friend who played and coached some in college.
His exact words " What the hell was Sneed thinking? No way this kid ever makes it in the league".
IMO, Keith Null was a much better prospect in his first camp than Gilbert.

Gilbert not being on a practice squad let alone a roster at this time of the year says it all.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gilbert got cut from the PS
He'll be a camp arm at best next year. Probably not even with the Rams

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Gilbert could still have a future in this league. He has an advantage on a lot of guys with his physical skills, just comes down to whether he wants it.

Davis is a great example of how a guy can come back the next year much more prepared. The fact that he probably doesn't have the vision is beside the point, he really did improve immensely over one year. If Gilbert were to do similarly, he'd be a starter in this league.

What I didn't like about the pick was that poor start he had in Texas. Just seems like he needs the right offensive mind, right situation, in order to succeed. Probably not mentally strong enough, tenacious, tough, whatever you want to call it, to succeed at the NFL level. But I do have my fingers crossed.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Big arm, good overall athlete, decision making is key ??? Wait for it.................................

The Rams play them tomorrow...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol, what?:shades:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Let me put it this way.
I was at the Rams first open practice. I was with a friend who played and coached some in college.
His exact words " What the hell was Sneed thinking? No way this kid ever makes it in the league".
IMO, Keith Null was a much better prospect in his first camp than Gilbert.

Gilbert not being on a practice squad let alone a roster at this time of the year says it all.

Yea, I felt the same way.