Garrett Gilbert

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Week 17 after we've already clinched home field.

Otherwise, he doesn't belong on the team this season.

hayreddin

UDFA
Name
Hayreddin
Gilbert has looked uncompressed and indecisive in his preseason games against 3rd stringers, I hate to imagine what would happen if he played an actual defense with our o-line issues

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Gilbert has looked uncompressed and indecisive in his preseason games against 3rd stringers, I hate to imagine what would happen if he played an actual defense with our o-line issues

Welcome to ROD!

Btw, remember that Austin Davis looked like shyte too when he played with our 3rd string offensive line. Garret came in with the 2's and lead a commendable 2 minute offense in his first NFL game, I won't forget that.

hayreddin

UDFA
Name
Hayreddin
Welcome to ROD!

Btw, remember that Austin Davis looked like shyte too when he played with our 3rd string offensive line. Garret came in with the 2's and lead a commendable 2 minute offense in his first NFL game, I won't forget that.
True, I just don't see him as anything more than a rookie who would get his confidence shattered if he went in. I would prefer rams look somewhere else if it comes down to that.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I would rather go after Ryan Griffin on the Saints practice squad, Gilbert who was not ready as a Freshman at Texas is also not ready yet for the NFL.

paceram

Pro Bowler
I would rather go after Ryan Griffin on the Saints practice squad, Gilbert who was not ready as a Freshman at Texas is also not ready yet for the NFL.

+1 I am surprised the Rams haven't already signed Griffin.

ausmurp

Starter

Yes! Thought I was the only one who noticed how good this kid is. I'm actually shocked they placed him on practice squad, he looks like a future NFL star to me. Sign him, he's already been coached for a yr by the Saints and Brees. This would be ideal since our coaches are surely incapable of coaching a QB.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Cut Davis and sign Griffin now. The Rams have absolutely no chance to win with Davis and to keep him on the team is poor coaching.

fearsomefour

Legend
Cut Davis and sign Griffin now. The Rams have absolutely no chance to win with Davis and to keep him on the team is poor coaching.
Signing Griffin does nothing as it would take awhile to get him up to speed with the O. It is not plug and play. See Keenum.
Hill is the guy this year until Keenum is up to speed enough to play and then I think he gets some time.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Signing Griffin does nothing as it would take awhile to get him up to speed with the O. It is not plug and play. See Keenum.
Hill is the guy this year until Keenum is up to speed enough to play and then I think he gets some time.
Plus one.

Griffin would be great at the developmental #3 QB spot (there's no way he makes it to the PS), but he's not going to help us in 2014. Keenum miiiiiiiiiiiight... but if Case Keenum - or, really, anyone but Shaun Hill - is starting games for the Rams in 2014, things have gone so far off the tracks that the coal is spilled all over a bunch of run-over children while women wail and scream "Oh the humanity!"

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
True, I just don't see him as anything more than a rookie who would get his confidence shattered if he went in. I would prefer rams look somewhere else if it comes down to that.

I respect that. But, I still think he couldn't do any worse than Austin Davis did.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
What if Hill can not go this week. Do you start Davis with Kennum as your number 2 and designate Gilbert as your 3rd QB to play only if the other 2 are injured or in the 4th Quarter?

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
What if Hill can not go this week. Do you start Davis with Kennum as your number 2 and designate Gilbert as your 3rd QB to play only if the other 2 are injured or in the 4th Quarter?
If Hill can't go this week, I start Davis with Keenum as #2 and Hekker as the emergency #3. I can't imagine, if EVERYTHING goes wrong in the game, that we're going to be in a position where the difference between Gilbert and Hekker could win it for us, and the potential damage to Gilbert's long-term career with the Rams is, in my eyes, rather significant.

Remember when Tony Banks took his first regular-season in-game snap? Home against the Vikings (I think), first and ten at the Rams' own... 3, maybe? It was inside the 10. I firmly believe that knocked back his development and contributed to his overall lack of success.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
I understand your thought process but I would not risk one of our best players trying to play OB. At least Gilbert knows the offense.