Garcon: Redskins offense can be "best ever"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
<a class="postlink" href="http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9511136/pierre-garcon-washington-redskins-believes-offense-best-ever" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/95111 ... -best-ever</a>

Pierre Garcon is confident the Washington Redskins offense will reach a level never seen before.

"We have the potential to be the best offense ever, really," Garcon told reporters Thursday. "We can be the top offense in the league. We have a lot of great players at every position. We have a great offensive line, great tight ends, great receivers, running backs and quarterback."

The Redskins have a ways to go if they hope to reach the wide receiver's lofty goals.

Washington scored 436 points last season, ranking fourth in the league. The 2007 New England Patriots, who went 16-0 in the regular season, own the NFL record for points in a season with 589.

The Redskins also enter this season with questions as dynamic second-year quarterback Robert Griffin III is coming back after undergoing reconstructive knee surgery. He is not expected to play during the preseason.

In addition to Griffin, Garcon and tight end Fred Davis are returning from injuries. Garcon was limited to 10 games last season with a nagging toe injury while Davis is making his way back after suffering a torn Achilles tendon in Week 7 that ended his campaign.

"It definitely helps having a lot of weapons out there on offense," Garcon said. "With Fred back, he's like another receiver and he does a great job blocking -- does a great job of whenever he gets the ball, being able to score from anywhere on the field."

Garcon believes another year with Griffin will enhance things.

"He throws the ball, and I just go get it wherever he puts it," Garcon said. "We continue to be on the same page. We understand the playbook a little better now.

"Our chemistry will be better than ever. Whenever Robert gets back out there, whenever he can throw with the team, we're going to continue to grow."

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Garcon... :roll:

Yeah, yeah, yeah... and the Eagles were the "Dream Team".

jjab360

Legend
:lol: :lol: :lol:

The Redskins have a better chance of being the worst offense ever than the best. Especially if RGKnee goes down again.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
They have some really good skill players though. I am willing to bet they never get mentioned as best ever, or even one of the best in the last decade. But they do have guys who can make plays. And the OL is good.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
That almost makes as much sense as this.....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQdhMSEqhfg[/youtube]

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Selassie I said:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQdhMSEqhfg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQdhMSEqhfg</a>
Ha. That never gets old. In fact, I use that quite a bit.

Whenever someone asks me a question that requires a detailed answer, I'll start it off with, "I personally believe..."

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
X said:
Selassie I said:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQdhMSEqhfg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQdhMSEqhfg</a>
Ha. That never gets old. In fact, I use that quite a bit.

Whenever someone asks me a question that requires a detailed answer, I'll start it off with, "I personally believe..."

She truly has a career in politics waiting for her. :cheese:

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Re: Garcon: Redskins offense can be "best ever"

The next Sarah Palin. Love Garcon's moxy. Now go get me a beer.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

tonyl711

Starter
talk is cheap, let us know when you get close to the GSOTs numbers, till then shut your mouth and do your job.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
tonyl711 said:
talk is cheap, let us know when you get close to the GSOTs numbers, till then shut your mouth and do your job.
Thassrite. :nice:

Lesson

Oh, really?
The Redskins are going to have to alter their play design from last season if they want RG3 to have a long career in the NFL. If you take away his mobility, you take away another facet of their offense and make their offense less dangerous.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Lesson said:
The Redskins are going to have to alter their play design from last season if they want RG3 to have a long career in the NFL. If you take away his mobility, you take away another facet of their offense and make their offense less dangerous.

I hate to keep repeating myself... so I apologize... but even if the Redskins alter the play; RGKnee is a hit magnet.

Dude got hit hard - a lot - last year even when he wasn't taking chances.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
A comment like that always has repercussions. That's why you don't hear them from pretty much any player. It shows confidence puts a bullseye on your back. When you struggle that's also added weight. Just a foolish thing to say to the media.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
OMG-I hadn't see that before, sadly. She's lucky she is hot. Rush over to the Playboy Mansion before Hef dies.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
mr.stlouis said:
A comment like that always has repercussions. That's why you don't hear them from pretty much any player. It shows confidence puts a bullseye on your back. When you struggle that's also added weight. Just a foolish thing to say to the media.

Yeah, why say something like that? Let the performance on the field earn you the label you desire.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
On one hand I hate it when likeable players say shit like this but on the other hand is it really that big of a deal? I get tired of hearing the same old, dry, robotic, politically correct jargon they are forced to say.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
CGI_Ram said:
mr.stlouis said:

Yeah, why say something like that? Let the performance on the field earn you the label you desire.

Exactly. Worked out well for the GSOT!