Game to Watch (Prospects) Bama vs. MSST

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Athos

Legend
Someone mentioned Dak Prescott as a possibility, maybe in the 2nd.

Well, I'll be watching this game closely then in regards to his passing.

And Cooper of course as well.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Yes. Dak Prescott should be a possibility. Definitely keep an eye on him throughout the game. But don't just look at his passing. Look at how he can escape from pressure, how he goes through his progressions, and all of the intangibles that you don't get through stats.

That's why I want Prescott in horns even more than guys like Mariota and Hundley. Alabama's got an excellent secondary and linebacking core (pay attention to Reggie Ragland as a 2016 prospect in particular), so it'll be very cool to see how Prescott handles things.

Athos

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yea........

Prescott looks horrible right now. Terrible INT. Late and off target. And he missed a back shoulder pass earlier that would have been a key 1st down.

I'll keep watching, but....yeesh. Then again, not sure why MSST isn't trying to get the run game going more with creativity or something. Gonna get some running going to get the passing going.

As for escapability, I think Hundley and Mariota are very good at that. Granted, I'm still looking at both. But Mariota is still my #1, Hundley my #2.

Athos

Legend
Well, he's definitely made some plays on this late 1st half drive, but also some poor execution on plays inside the 10 by Prescott.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I haven't watched Dak play this season before this game. I gotta say - not impressed at all. Some horrendous decisions and throws. I wouldn't want him if he fell to the fourth round. Just awful. He may be strong and able to run over some college players but yeesh!

BTW - WTF is with dinking and dunking and calling running plays down two TDs with almost 4 minutes left? Really? 1st down - dump off pass and tackled for three yards in play. 2nd down - run up the middle for three yards. 3rd down - short pass to the right and the receiver cuts it inside for four yards. Almost 4 minutes to score a TD when you need two? Why even bother to call those last two time outs and on-side kick? You already conceded the game with that brilliant clock management.

Also, how slowly can a QB throw a two yard dump off? This guy was #2 in the Heisman chase? Is the play calling at the end of the game an indictment on Prescott's throwing ability? I just don't buy that Alabama's defense is so good that you don't try to stretch the field at least a little bit when you know you have to run 2 two minute drills back to back to even have a chance.

Athos

Legend
I haven't watched Dak play this season before this game. I gotta say - not impressed at all. Some horrendous decisions and throws. I wouldn't want him if he fell to the fourth round. Just awful. He may be strong and able to run over some college players but yeesh!

Yea, after watching this game, I'm left unsure why he's being trumped up. He was really terrible. Bama left plays for him in the passing game on numerous occasions. Didn't make them. His first two interceptions were inexcusable and put MSST in binds, at least one robbing them of 3 points. The 3rd was debatable, but probably more a factor of his heigh being only 6'1. Taller QB doesn't get tipped like that.

And yea, no idea why MSST's coach was calling all those running plays and dump-offs when they needed two TDs to win the game. Ate up a bunch of clock. Indictment of Prescott's arm or no faith to make plays against the Bama secondary. But Bama was giving MSST passing plays all game long.

Prescott didn't really start making them until it was too late.

I wouldn't spend a 2nd on this guy imo. This game leaves me locked on Mariota and Hundley.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Right? That was the worst coached #1 ranked team I think I have ever seen. And Prescott - the worst Heisman frontrunner. I realize Alabama has something to do with that as when they are playing well, they are REALLY good. But there is no way a #1 ranked team with a top QB should look THAT bad. Have they really been that impressive in their wins?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Not impressed with Dak either. I was skeptical from the bits and pieces I saw before. As much as I hate Winston's character flaws he is the best of the bunch.