Game Thread: Vikings @ Rams (2014 Game 1)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
OPENING STATEMENT:

We all expect a well played game and a Rams win today!

But; this is the NFL. Most every game in this league is closely contested. Every game is filled with mistakes and missed opportunities.

The mods are committed to protecting our safe haven from excessive negativity and any posts or topics that divide our membership.

So, if the game takes a turn to your disliking, please back away from the keyboard and rejoin the talk when a cooler head returns.

This is a message board. It should be fun. That's why we are here!

Enjoy the game everyone!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's Gameday
nfl_minnesota_stlouis.jpg

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
All game long...

Chris+Long+Minnesota+Vikings+v+St+Louis+Rams+7Y0whquBBjhl.jpg

hi-res-6854086_crop_exact.jpg

940x.jpg

Vikings fans be like;

Depressed_Vikes_fans.JPG

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Hope to see some of you there. I'll be in the throwback Marshall jersey in section 115

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I don't know bout you fellas but I woke up quite damn spritely this morning knowing that it was opening day. We will rally behind Shaun Hill and we will play some damn good football fellas! I'm fuckin psyched! GO RAMS

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Realistically we aren't going to the playoffs, we're probably due for another 7 win season, but I'll be damned if I'm not excited for this game and to kick some Viking ass, really developed a hatred for them and their fans this week.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Realistically we aren't going to the playoffs, we're probably due for another 7 win season

I don't know if that's a realistic opinion or just not wanting to get your hopes up?

The NFL has teams emerge every year. Look at Carolina last year. From 7-9 to 12-4.

Our division looks tough, but even stuff like that is difficult to predict. Kaeperdick or Wilson could get injured... That would change things.

I'm thinking playoffs because there is no reason not to!

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I thought I wouldn't be as excited for the season opener without Bradford, but I'm still freaking out and can't wait.

jap

Legend
Is this the real game thread, as opposed the pre-game barbecue thread earlier this week? :sneaky:

With AP and Cordarrelle Patterson putting up bulletin board fodder this week, how the hell do ya think our Horns are gonna respond?Let the losers trash-talk all they want beforehand. Let's deliver our answers on the gridiron like we're suppose to!

whitehops

UDFA
As much as I'd like the Vikings to win (yea I'm a Vikings fan) ultimately I wanna see a great game. It's been way too long with football and the packers-Seahawks game didn't really 'quench my thirst' because it was so anticlimactic... and the Seahawks won.

I don't get to watch the rams much so I'm excited to see them play. Obviously that starts with Quinn but also with guys like Donald, who I really liked before the draft. You guys also have some playmakers on offense and if you think about it there's always going to be an electric receiver on the field to watch (Austin and Patterson).

If I had to say there's a Viking that will 'surprise' you guys it's Everson Griffen. If he's over his illness from this week you guys should see just how explosive/disruptive he can be.

Anyways, here's hoping for a good game gents.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
All game long...

Chris+Long+Minnesota+Vikings+v+St+Louis+Rams+7Y0whquBBjhl.jpg

hi-res-6854086_crop_exact.jpg

940x.jpg

Vikings fans be like;

Depressed_Vikes_fans.JPG
In the photo of Long and Quinn getting to the QB, It looks like a photo Finish, with Long Winning by a finger!:D Hope that one happens all day! ( single game NFL record for sacks!)

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Weather Report, Storm brewing, And for those of you Lucky enough to be able to attend the game Remember......
Ram beast.jpg
yodapic.jpg

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
We have been without Bradford a lot over the last few season. So this is just another game to get ready for. I'm pumped. I wanna see these two big guys outside really show their size and strength in Britt and Quick.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Good morning Rams Brothers and Sisters.
It's already a great day!

Lesson

Oh, really?
Savour this. It's finally the NFL season. Every team has hope. Ahh!

Except the Browns. Nothing good ever happens to the Browns.

I'm very excited for KO. Unfortunately, I'll only be able to watch the 1st Q and have to DVR the rest today because I have a commitment for today. :(

Last edited: