Game Thread: Rams @ Dolphins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A320driver

Rookie
Hooey is all pro at helping QB's up
Haha love the hooey haters club !
But bond gave up 2 against the 2s and Van dyke gave up a few along with Brandon Washington..Hooey credited with 1 ...So haters are gonna hate ;)...give the guy a freaking break !
The guy started the game and didn't give up squat the whole first half ..Robinson was totally off !
Continuity counts especially with the o line ..protections get blown a lot with guys missing calls .
I think he Was getting gassed played every rep of the entire game on offense tonight at RT.
Marshall Faulk said it was brutal humid and 97 degrees ..you do that at 320lbs :)
I don't think I could ?

Last edited:

CoachO

Hall of Fame
He can practice but cannot play.
nope,, he cannot practice. He is not to be a part of any team activities til the suspension is over.

"If a player is suspended by the league, that player is banned from all team-related activities and facilities for the duration of the suspension. In short, that player can practice with the team, at team facilities throughout training camp and the preseason. At the start of his suspension, which would likely coincide with the start of the regular season, he would be summarily banned from the team's facilities for the duration of the suspension and allowed to return after the completion of the suspension. "

"If a player is suspended by the team, then that player is usually not allowed to attend any games for the duration of the suspension (typically 1 game) and essentially forfeits any checks for the duration of the suspension. Instances of players who have been suspended by their team include David Boston's suspension by the Chargers in 2003 and Terry Glenn's suspension by the Patriots in 1999."

A320driver

Rookie
Gilbert's confidence in the pocket is being smashed by the lack of protection. He has happy feet from hell...

He also needs to learn where the pocket is supposed to be, and learn how to step up into it!
He was his worst own enemy several times running right out around it ..last time I checked it wasn't a sprint option offense ?

A55VA6

Legend
nope,, he cannot practice. He is not to be a part of any team activities til the suspension is over.

"If a player is suspended by the league, that player is banned from all team-related activities and facilities for the duration of the suspension. In short, that player can practice with the team, at team facilities throughout training camp and the preseason. At the start of his suspension, which would likely coincide with the start of the regular season, he would be summarily banned from the team's facilities for the duration of the suspension and allowed to return after the completion of the suspension. "

"If a player is suspended by the team, then that player is usually not allowed to attend any games for the duration of the suspension (typically 1 game) and essentially forfeits any checks for the duration of the suspension. Instances of players who have been suspended by their team include David Boston's suspension by the Chargers in 2003 and Terry Glenn's suspension by the Patriots in 1999."
Yes, this is correct. I got my rules mixed up. haha!

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Hooey is all pro and helping QB's up
Haha love the hooey haters club !
But bond gave up 2 against the 2s and Van dyke gave up a few along with Brandon Washington..Hooey credited with 1 ...So haters are gonna hate ;)...give the guy a freaking break !
The guy started the game and didn't give up squat the whole first half ..Robinson was totally off !
Continuity counts especially with the o line ..protections get blown a lot with guys missing calls .
I think he Was getting gassed played every rep of the entire game on offense tonight at RT.
Marshall Faulk said it was brutal humid and 97 degrees ..you do that at 320lbs :)
I don't think I could ?
I didn't say they were all his sacks, but he takes one for the team and helps no matter who gives it up.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Gilbert's confidence in the pocket is being sm
He also needs to learn where the pocket is supposed to be, and learn how to step up into it!
He was his worst own enemy several times running right out around it ..last time I checked it wasn't a sprint option offense ?

Yeah, he's as raw as they come. But, I love the tools he has to work with. He scrambles with ease, strong arm, and nice throwing motion (better than Davis via form.) However, his accuracy is irratic and lacks touch. All mental, I'd say. He needs time, a lot of time.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
What game you watching? Lol
That was the last message I could post before my phone died. It was on a play that didn't go his way - can't remember which play exactly - but he was wide open on my side of the field about 15-20 yards out and there was nobody around him. If I remember right, it was a dump-off.

A320driver

Rookie
Gilbert's confidence in the pocket is being smashed by the lack of protection. He has happy feet from hell...

He was his worst own enemy several times running right out around it ..last time I checked it wasn't a sprint option offense
Gilbert's confidence in the pocket is being sm

Yeah, he's as raw as they come. But, I love the tools he has to work with. He scrambles with ease, strong arm, and nice throwing motion (better than Davis via form.) However, his accuracy is irratic and lacks touch. All mental, I'd say. He needs time, a lot of time.

Hey...Nobody is saying we should get down on him..just typical rookie mistakes. He will do well with a year on the practice squad where they can help him with his footwork..getting more comfortable with the offense, and pocket presence...Hopefully that can help him with his accuracy issues as well. I think he has flashes of showing us he may develop into a good QB

Garrett Gilbert will be playing with the same backup squad Davis has been playing with the last few years.. Good Luck.. Davis is a gamer plain and simple