Game Thread: Rams @ Chargers (2014 Game 11)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Run twice behind Saffold and GRob. If we don't get 4 yards and a TD... tie game & OT. What happened to our "commitment to the run" ??

Couldn't possibly agree more...Not only do they win or get into OT, they also use clock time, forcing the Bolts to use their last TO...I just can't understand that call...Hill's fault for throwing it, but Schottenheimer put him in a real bad spot there...

Ramatik

Starter
I was joking. I can't really see a bad QB because I continue to be blinded by Schotty's excellent playcalling ;/

I getchya.

I just think that Hill played the kind of game I expected from him. I don't think you can put too much on him. And a lot of the game, Shotty did pretty well. I don't understand that trying to sneak a pass in there when everybody thought it was going to be a run. Everybody thought it was going to be a run because that is exactly what it should have been. I don't know if it's a case of trying to be too cute, or trying to be smarter than everybody else. But he definitely left himself open to some valid criticism in the loss of this game.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I guess that's the reason Hill has been nothing more than a career backup. If the team plays well he can manage the game and prevent a loss. But if its on his shoulders, well, we saw what happened.

He was awful for the most part today, but he was also one of the main reasons that the Rams were in a position to win this game...The pass to Britt was world-class...(both of them)...

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
fuck you refs and fuck you shotty. Im sick of this same bullshit. people will blame these sentiments on instant reaction, esp. after last week's performance, but our d has masked our ongoing serious issue at oc. last week we scored one damn offensive td and 5 fg's. not good enough for this league. 95% of shotty's calls are ridiculous, I mean wtfff why not run it in?!!! I understand our d performed less than stellar today but how much can you rely on your special teams and d before enough is enough?!

At the end of the year I want shotty fired, Chud hired, and Hundley either in a trade up to the first or taken in the second. Sign Iupati, replace Wells with a rook or veteran, and resign Bark.

We are not that far off, but goddamn these loses are so infuriating. And lastly, there needs to be a new policy regarding these blown calls because they are impacting the results of these games and no one is being held accountable for these awful, game-changing calls.

sorry for my rant but this is bs.

oh, and fuck you goodell!!

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
What I can't understand is where Shot gets too cute. We ran the jet sweep twice and the Chargers weren't even close to being ready. And the no chances of an interception plus probably keeps the clock going if we don't get in........and if you have to pass, Bailey is eating them up and they won't be able to double outside........but no...we run a play where Britt wasn't even open and they have an easy extra LB free to double and pick..........

Lurker

UDFA
I getchya.

I just think that Hill played the kind of game I expected from him. I don't think you can put too much on him. And a lot of the game, Shotty did pretty well. I don't understand that trying to sneak a pass in there when everybody thought it was going to be a run. Everybody thought it was going to be a run because that is exactly what it should have been. I don't know if it's a case of trying to be too cute, or trying to be smarter than everybody else. But he definitely left himself open to some valid criticism in the loss of this game.

Everybody thought it was going to be run...until we motioned Cunningham out of the freakin' backfield.
I really don't have that much of a problem with Schotty calling a pass there, but it has to be a play action pass if you're going to do it.
Oh well....There's always next year....again....again....again...again...again....

Marq

Marq My Wordz
Name
King
I getchya.

Trying to be a guru as opposed to a good OC has been his MO. I think he is struggling with trying to following in his father's footsteps. The result is he is neither and is hurting the Schottenheimer name. Sometimes there are rules you follow and don't try to out think the situation.

MarkMyWords

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Mark
I guess that's the reason Hill has been nothing more than a career backup. If the team plays well he can manage the game and prevent a loss. But if its on his shoulders, well, we saw what happened.

That's why it shouldn't have been put on his shoulders.....

Marq

Marq My Wordz
Name
King
freak you refs and freak you shotty. Im sick of this same bullcrap. people will blame these sentiments on instant reaction, esp. after last week's performance, but our d has masked our ongoing serious issue at oc. last week we scored one damn offensive td and 5 fg's. not good enough for this league. 95% of shotty's calls are ridiculous, I mean wtfff why not run it in?!!! I understand our d performed less than stellar today but how much can you rely on your special teams and d before enough is enough?!

At the end of the year I want shotty fired, Chud hired, and Hundley either in a trade up to the first or taken in the second. Sign Iupati, replace Wells with a rook or veteran, and resign Bark.

We are not that far off, but goddamn these loses are so infuriating. And lastly, there needs to be a new policy regarding these blown calls because they are impacting the results of these games and no one is being held accountable for these awful, game-changing calls.

sorry for my rant but this is bs.

oh, and freak you goodell!!
You should be able to challenge them. They will get tired of looking dumb and put forth an effort to be more effective.

Last edited:

MarkMyWords

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Mark
Everybody thought it was going to be run...until we motioned Cunningham out of the freakin' backfield.
I really don't have that much of a problem with Schotty calling a pass there, but it has to be a play action pass if you're going to do it.
Oh well....There's always next year....again....again....again...again...again....

Cunningham was motioned out of the backfield? Deja vu? Didn't they learn that the fans revolted (or at least argued a lot) when they did that with Stacey?

jjab360

Legend
It pisses me off what could've been. Rams had a terrible start to the season against a ridiculously touch schedule, but still had a legit shot at the playoffs if we took care of business against the run of weaker teams we had coming up after SD. But we had to win today. As it stands now, we're pretty much eliminated fml

manmaderam

The one and only
That's it I'm saying it. Bring Mike Martz back for OC. Between him and Fisher we might have a winning record. I don't know. Just my 2 cents