Game Thread: Rams @ Chargers (2014 Game 11)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Athos

Legend
This is also on that strip fumble by Hill not seeing the pressure and protecting the ball.

After all, Davis got trashed for the same thing.

SierraRam

Recreational User
Run twice behind Saffold and GRob. If we don't get 4 yards and a TD... tie game & OT. What happened to our "commitment to the run" ??

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
This is a losing franchise. They simply do not know how to win games like this. I swear it has been this way since the late 70's when I started following them. they find ways to lose games where better teams find ways to win. It is sickening, and I am not sure how much more of it I can watch. FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
We are all mad about the throw Hill made yes, but don't forget what we did to put ourselves in that position. The Greg Robinson hold that took away a TD and the blocked field Goal. Really Hill shouldn't of been under this pressure at the end of a game and Schotty needed to keep pounding it up the middle. But just remember those two bad plays are what caused us to be in this situation. And the defense for letting Rivers throw where he likes. It was a massive TEAM loss, not just Hill
I will agree with everything but the defense as they only allowed the San Diego offense to put up 17 points. Can't expect them to hold teams to 7 every game.

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
only person you should be throwing to in that situation is Studman. PERIOD. if not then run it

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
When does this nightmare end? Is it that hard to give us ONE good season in 10 years? Why do we have to have injured players every year? Why do the refs continuously fuck us every year? How is that we constantly shoot ourselves in the foot no matter the player, coach or front office? Why the Rams? Why?

Marq

Marq My Wordz
Name
King
I was hoping for the Tavon end around again...... Needed to kill time on the clock too.
YES YES YES MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY!!!! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Sorry I had a moment.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
It was a bad call, IMO. It's second down you can still run a sweep or something to either score or make them use another timeout. I don't think you throw under the middle like that at the goal line. But if you watch the play DB was holding Britt or Cook (whoever the intended target was) the entire route.

I really hate using officiating as an excuse but they seriously affected the outcome of the game. The NFL should be ashamed of the product they are putting on the field this year. I mean when the freaking announcers are saying calls are the worst they've ever seen you know it's bad.

Last drive should of been 1st and goal inside the 5 yard line. Instead, it's some fantasy holding call. Anyone who watched it knows it wasn't a foul.
Reality is if we have the ball inside the 5 with over a minute to play the play calling is probably different. Instead most of us want to break shit and throw up.

Sometimes I wish I hated sports.

manmaderam

The one and only
I will agree with everything but the defense as they only allowed the San Diego offense to put up 17 points. Can't expect them to hold teams to 7 every game.

I agree our defense did great., but I think we can both agree that there is room for improvement on the D! :cheers:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I have a great freaking idea of what I'm talking about. Our defense got embarrassed in the second half because they didn't adjust and that fumble TD did them a huge favor by keeping them from getting owned again by Rivers and Co.
No. You don't. You should probably go read up on what good, sound defense looks like.

I can do this all day, Jrry....and i didn't have to go to Law school to play this game of "I'm right and you're wrong" either. :)

Marq

Marq My Wordz
Name
King
I still say it was a step in the right direction.

I'm sick that the bad throw lost it.

But the team just didn't quit. Even with all the adversity. That was my point and I'll stick with that. The team did pretty well overall.

I don't give a damn about emotional victories or anything like that. The final score still sucks big time.

But I do like where this team is going.

Seems like we've been needing a quarterback for almost all of Rams history.
I was joking. I can't really see a bad QB because I continue to be blinded by Schotty's excellent playcalling ;/

ram007

Starter
Some one please explain. From the four yard line, can the refs call holding (my assumption was holding comes in beyond 5 yards from line of scrimmage)?

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Congrats to the Chargers. They hung in there and played off of our weaknesses, the biggest one is our propensity to self destruct.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I stayed away from the board again so I wouldn't jinx my beloved Rams, and we still got screwed by the refs again on the Tavon Austin return.

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
We have been competitive this year , just not quite there yet , some good signs but it is frustrating !! :(

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I guess that's the reason Hill has been nothing more than a career backup. If the team plays well he can manage the game and prevent a loss. But if its on his shoulders, well, we saw what happened.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Some one please explain. From the four yard line, can the refs call holding (my assumption was holding comes in beyond 5 yards from line of scrimmage)?
Apparently they can call whatever they want.