Game Thread: Rams at Cardinals

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
OPENING STATEMENT:

We all expect a well played game and a Rams win today!

But; this is the NFL. Most every game in this league is closely contested. Every game is filled with mistakes and missed opportunities.

X, the mods, and myself are committed to protecting our safe haven from excessive negativity and any posts or topics that divide our membership.

So, if the game takes a turn to your disliking, please back away from the keyboard and rejoin the talk when a cooler head returns.

This is a message board. It should be fun. That's why we are here!

Enjoy the game everyone!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
IT'S GAME DAY!

35c90452-8659-4d3f-a281-855de0210f21_zps7c1968f9.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Last edited by a moderator:

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I don't think this is the same ARZ team we saw in week 1. Cook isn't a surprise anymore, they have Washington playing, and they're relatively healthy.

Offensively are way different than in week 1.We don't have Bradford, we have a running game, our passing game is still suspect, though.

This will be another physical game but ARZ has more class than the Whiners and Seadderal ever dreamed of having. Being we don't have Sam am are not at home I say our chances of winning this game are considerably lower. On a positive not, Brown is still their LT. HAHA!

Let's have a great game! It only starts in... six hours. Dang it!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I don't think this is the same ARZ team we saw in week 1. Cook isn't a surprise anymore, they have Washington playing, and they're relatively healthy.

Offensively are way different than in week 1.We don't have Bradford, we have a running game, our passing game is still suspect, though.

This will be another physical game but ARZ has more class than the Whiners and Seadderal ever dreamed of having. Being we don't have Sam am are not at home I say our chances of winning this game are considerably lower. On a positive not, Brown is still their LT. HAHA!

Let's have a great game! It only starts in... six hours. Dang it!

I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer, but I agree. The Cards have their act together, mostly. There defense should slow down our running game... which means Clemens needs to carry the passing game - while I love the guy... I'm not sure it works out well for us.

But; Palmer is inaccurate at times... and should get pressured. If we can get a few turnovers then all bets are off. In that scenario we could keep the game close enough to make a run at it.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer, but I agree. The Cards have their act together, mostly. There defense should slow down our running game... which means Clemens needs to carry the passing game - while I love the guy... I'm not sure it works out well for us.

But; Palmer is inaccurate at times... and should get pressured. If we can get a few turnovers then all bets are off. In that scenario we could keep the game close enough to make a run at it.

Agreed. Once again this game comes down to Clemens and the defense playing out of their minds to win. The defense usually holds up half the game and Clemens just has crazy limitations.

Now I'm not trying to be a downer either but is it better in the long run if we lose now? Hypothetically of course... our season was terminated IMHO after the Complainers scared the hell out of our guys last week. Meh... to heck with the draft. I hope we beat the snot out of the Cards and remind them why they're not going to be in the hunt much longer! If you can't consistently win, be a spoiler. That's what I says!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Meh... to heck with the draft. I hope we beat the snot out of the Cards and remind them why they're not going to be in the hunt much longer! If you can't consistently win, be a spoiler. That's what I says!

Yeah, I want to win every game. Not too many here, despite the impact on draft position, who can stand losing!

A55VA6

Legend
A few things I'd like to see today:

- Run the ball effectively. We struggle big time when we can't run.
- Continue to give more snaps for Bailey; get Austin in open space more than once.
- Feed Jared Cook the football. Cardinals have struggled against TE's and Jared needs to use his size.
- Play the CB's in more press coverage rather than off coverage, an let the pass rush get to him. Palmer will be looking to get rid of the ball quickly. We can't allow that.

Not sure how I feel about the game today. It could go either way. Let's hope the Rams bring it!

duckhunter

Starter
I'm glad CGI didn't limit this thread to intelligent posts. Would have eliminated me and a few others.

C'mon on boys, 'Put your war face on and whip the SHit out of them dirty birds.'

duckhunter

Starter
A few things I'd like to see today:

- Run the ball effectively. We struggle big time when we can't run.
- Continue to give more snaps for Bailey; get Austin in open space more than once.
- Feed Jared Cook the football. Cardinals have struggled against TE's and Jared needs to use his size.
- Play the CB's in more press coverage rather than off coverage. Palmer will be looking to get rid of the ball quickly. We can't allow that.

Not sure how I feel about the game today. It could go either way. Let's hope the Rams bring it!

I'm reporting you to the moderators for intelligent posting.

fearsomefour

Legend
The Cardinals have been playing much better. I dont mind the Cardinals….probably because of the Warner years. Not a fan of Seattle and their classless coach and bandwagon fans….loath the Whiners to point of feeling the need to yack when they come up.
Things Im watching today, the Oline as always, in particular Barnes. I am happy for Barnes getting his first start today. Also watching how the Rams can pressure an injured Palmer, maybe force him out of the game.

jap

Legend
I expect the Cards to adjust for Cookie, but all that means is that he goes into decoy mode and draw defenders to him, allowing opportunities for other guys. Perhaps Chris Givens gets deep on Petersen, or maybe Tavon takes off, or Lance Kendricks returns from the dead to have an outstanding game. Brian Quick might put on his big boy pants today for the whole game or Sted shocks the Cards with his playmaking ability.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I have heard that the Rams should lose out to enhance draft position.....BS
Never give up a win. Win out and be proud.

A55VA6

Legend
fuck that. we have the 2nd overall pick right now from the skins. We need to finish this season with a winning record!

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
I want to win this game and I want to do so in a dominating fashion. We need to play a great game to get this W but we have shown that we are more than capable of doing so when we pull our heads out of our azz's.