Game Thread: Rams @ 49ers (2014 Game 8)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
OPENING STATEMENT:

We all expect a well played game and a Rams win today!

But; this is the NFL. Most every game in this league is closely contested. Every game is filled with mistakes and missed opportunities.

The mods are committed to protecting our safe haven from excessive negativity and any posts or topics that divide our membership.

So, if the game takes a turn to your disliking, please back away from the keyboard and rejoin the talk when a cooler head returns.

This is a message board. It should be fun. That's why we are here!

Enjoy the game everyone!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's Gameday
Colin+Kaepernick+San+Francisco+49ers+v+St+axEQSdsViXHl.jpg

Alan

Legend
For the world
A Rams fan, an Eagles fan, a 49ers fan, and a Cardinals fan are climbing a mountain and arguing about who loves his team more. The Eagles fan insists he is the most loyal. 'This is for the Eagles! ' he yells, and jumps off the side of the mountain. Not to be outdone, the Cardinals fan shouts, 'This is for the Cardinals!' and throws himself off the mountain. The Rams fan is next to profess his love for his team. He yells, 'This is for everyone!' and pushes the 49ers fan off the mountain.

Alan

Legend
49ers Fan
On the first day of school a first grade teacher explains to her class that she is a 49ers fan. She asks her students to raise their hands if they, too, are 49ers fans. Wanting to impress their teacher, everyone in the class raises their hand except one little girl. The teacher looks at the girl with surprise, 'Janie, why didn't you raise your hand?' Because I'm not a 49ers fan,' she replied. The teacher, still shocked, asked, 'Well, if you are not a 49ers fan, then who are you a fan of?' 'I am a Rams fan, and proud of it,' Janie replied. The teacher could not believe her ears. 'Janie please tell us why you are a Rams fan?' "Because my mom is a Rams fan, and my dad is Rams fan, so I'm a Rams fan too!" "Well," said the teacher in a obviously annoyed tone, 'that is no reason for you to be a Rams fan. You don't have to be just like your parents all of the time. What if your mom was an idiot and your dad was a moron, what would you be then?' "Then," Janie smiled, 'I'd be a 49ers fan.'

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I Like the way your getting this thread started Alan!!:ROFLMAO::D

jap

Legend
Records and home fields shouldn't mean squat whenever these two team meet. They know each other too well for trivial things like that to matter. This perfect INT record Kap has against us has to end---today! That means The Mighty One & Co. has to bring it! this time. I don't think we have ever really put a good lick on the Kapper as yet. We all know we gotta contain Gore & Co. That never changes. The more burden we can place on Kap's shoulders, the better our chances.

On the offensive front, we have to get our ground troops moving today, no more depending on a virtual rookie QB to pull us through. Coach Bou has to work his magic once more to field an effective OL front to lead the way for our RB's and protect our young, inexperienced QB. With Brian down, others have to step up to work with Kenny. Sted has showcased good separation before and needs to produce today. For whatever reason, Schotty has been reluctant to send Tavon deep. If he does, Tavon should draw at least two defenders with him, leaving one less for his fellow receivers. If Tavon manages to get matched up one-on-one with a single DB, the question becomes: does AD have enough arm strength to deliver the rock without giving the defenders time to recover? With enough balls flying to Kenny, Sted, & Tavon, Chris Givens may well be able to sneak deep a couple times with only single coverage and hurt the '9er D.

Greg the Turbo Leg needs to be primed & focused. His leg was the difference in a win over the '9ers a couple years ago, and it may well come down to him again. No more time for concentration lapses. Johnny simply needs to continue doing his thing. Our returners have to know by now they can be the difference and be striving to make the most out of every return.

We need to send a strong message. No NFC West opponent should take more than a single game from us this season.

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
I was going to write some depressing dribble but Alan made me laugh.

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
Gooooo.......o Rams.....we need this..... kick they're buts..... no one believes that we can do it.......let's shock them....let's jump ahead of them again.....but this time.....hold on.....

Go Rams......... ;)

Slappy967

Starter
Praying that today isn't my breaking point. I wanna see us come out and play to our talent level instead of seeing that hot mess express I saw last week. Also please let Quinn destroy Kaepernick in the most vile Mortal Kombat inspired way possible.

A55VA6

Legend
When the fuck will we finally have our starting CB's together? Seems like 1 is always out..

lockdnram21

Legend
I wonder how did janoris go back in that Seattle game and now he's been out 2 weeks.

Glad we get to see Tru we been missing him. I think this is a good combo of Tru and Gaines

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
I wonder how did janoris go back in that Seattle game and now he's been out 2 weeks.

Glad we get to see Tru we been missing him. I think this is a good combo of Tru and Gaines
JJ probably shouldn't have played in the seattle game but did and made the injury worse. Or they are being very very cautious.

A55VA6

Legend

I agree, but having Tru, Jenks, Gaines, and Joyner all healthy for once would really help.