GAME THREAD: Jaguars at Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
mr.stlouis said:
Rams defense has an additude today and the only thing different is Dunbar. We can call this the "Dunbar Effect" :sly:

I like that.

Similar to the effect Jackson had on this offense

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
mr.stlouis said:
Rams defense has an additude today and the only thing different is Dunbar. We can call this the "Dunbar Effect" :sly:
The only different player is Dunbar, but the D-Line is balling, getting penetration, and we have gap integrity for the first time all year. He helps for sure.

Ebonemalone

Rookie
I'm really starting to lose faith in Bradford this game. 1st read. Always stares down. Even if he's barely open

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Ebonemalone said:
I'm really starting to lose faith in Bradford this game. 1st read. Always stares down. Even if he's barely open
I agree

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Lesson said:
Why not Stacy there?
Made even worse looking by Bradford throwing it right towards Kendricks without even looking anywhere else.

Which is made even worse with Pettis being open on the right side.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
HometownBoy said:
Holy freak, that was a bad throw, where was the progression?

Austin was open again. He just locked onto Kendricks and that's it. Still should of caught it though.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm sorry guys, Bradford is done. He can't read the defense. Austin was clearly open. I saw that immediately. No one lined up over him. The quick out was wide open for a first. Instead, Bradford forced it into double coverage. He just doesn't read the defense.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Ebonemalone said:
That's bullshit.

It's a three step drop, Kendricks has to make that play.

And Austin has the most drops in the league, the play was to Kendricks.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
DR RAM said:
Ebonemalone said:
That's bullshit.

Kendricks was double covered, he was hit by two dudes the minute he got the ball in his hands because they were both following Bradford's eyes the whole way. You see that as a QB you can't throw that, you gotta look somewhere else.

Doesn't matter if he has drops, he's open, you get him the ball, if he drops it that's on him. You still put your team in the way to succeed and throwing to a guy who has two men draped all over him is not that.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Austin needed just one block on that return and he might have gone all the way. That was a close one.....

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Still prefer Stacy over Richardson. Shame Richardson's getting the best holes and Stacy's being left in to get hit immediately.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
HometownBoy said:
DR RAM said:
Ebonemalone said:
That's bullshit.

Kendricks was double covered, he was hit by two dudes the minute he got the ball in his hands because they were both following Bradford's eyes the whole way. You see that as a QB you can't throw that, you gotta look somewhere else.

Doesn't matter if he has drops, he's open, you get him the ball, if he drops it that's on him. You still put your team in the way to succeed and throwing to a guy who has two men draped all over him is not that.
They reacted well, but they were not draped all over him. You HAVE to look where you throw it. Kendricks should have protected the ball and went after it, instead he backed up. Nothing wrong with the throw. Could he have thrown it to Tavon? Yes, but then he has to look at him, and the defense would have reacted to him. You have to make a play.

It's a 3 step drop, a 1 option play, you guys should know that.

Ebonemalone

Rookie
DR RAM said:
Ebonemalone said:
That's BS.

I wasn't talking about a particular play.....

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I think these quick throws to Austin will work when we actually block more than one person.
At least Shotty has been mixing it up better today. Of course running the ball sure helps.