GAME THREAD: Denver at Dallas

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
There's the classic Romo everyone knows and loves. Denver in FG position, game is essentially over.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
bluecoconuts said:
There's the classic Romo everyone knows and loves. Denver in FG position, game is essentially over.

Lol.

Yeah. Wow.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
But...

Denver still attacking!

Love aggressive play!

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Over 500 yards passing=$$$
5 touchdown passes=$$$
Still chokes when it matters = Priceless

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
What's Denver thinking? The whole world knew a run up the gut was coming...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Tron said:
5 touchdown passes=$$$

Frankly, I'd rather have a QB that chokes in that situation than a QB that doesn't put me in that situation. Dallas put up 48 points and Romo threw for 500+ yards. How many other QBs could have done what he did today?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
jrry32 said:
Tron said:
5 touchdown passes=$$$

Frankly, I'd rather have a QB that chokes in that situation than a QB that doesn't put me in that situation. Dallas put up 48 points and Romo threw for 500+ yards. How many other QBs could have done what he did today?

Brees?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
CGI_Ram said:
jrry32 said:
Tron said:
5 touchdown passes=$$$

Brees?

Point is that just being in the game at that point is a major accomplishment. If Sam did what Romo did today and we ended up losing to the best team in the NFL due to him throwing a late pick after the O put up 48 points, I wouldn't be harping on the kid. Hell of a day just to make it game. Manning and Denver's O are unstoppable right now.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
jrry32 said:
Tron said:
5 touchdown passes=$$$

So you'd basically rather have a QB that gets a bunch of pretty stats and cost the game? It's all for naught...

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
jrry32 said:
CGI_Ram said:
jrry32 said:
Tron said:
5 touchdown passes=$$$

Brees?

Point is that just being in the game at that point is a major accomplishment. If Sam did what Romo did today and we ended up losing to the best team in the NFL due to him throwing a late pick after the O put up 48 points, I wouldn't be harping on the kid. Hell of a day just to make it game. Manning and Denver's O are unstoppable right now.

This isn't a Fisher kind of game though.

We are geared to play lower scoring games. Not shoot outs.

I agree with your comments, but Sam is never going to be in a shoot out with Fisher as his HC.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Angry Ram said:
jrry32 said:
Tron said:
5 touchdown passes=$$$

So you'd basically rather have a QB that gets a bunch of pretty stats and cost the game? It's all for naught...

Sure. Give me the guy that lead his offense to put up 48 points and put up a bunch of "pretty stats". If we manage to lose, he's the last guy I'll be angry at.

Maybe you didn't see that Denver's offense scored 51 points. And yet you're focusing on the 1 bad play Romo made? His offense scored 48 points. How often is that not enough to win? It's not like Romo threw 5 pick sixes to go with those 48 points.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
CGI_Ram said:

I agree with your comments, but Sam is never going to be in a shoot out with Fisher as his HC.

Huh? My comment wasn't even referring to Sam. I was just saying that it's not fair to harp on Romo for being a choker after the game he had.

I wasn't taking a shot at Sam.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
jrry32 said:
CGI_Ram said:

Huh? My comment wasn't even referring to Sam. I was just saying that it's not fair to harp on Romo for being a choker after the game he had.

Samtheologist. :razzed:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
jrry32 said:
CGI_Ram said:

Maybe I misunderstood. But your response included reference to Sam doing what Romo did.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
CGI_Ram said:
jrry32 said:
CGI_Ram said:

Maybe I misunderstood. But your response included reference to Sam doing what Romo did.

Nah. I wasn't referring to Sam. It was a general statement about the double standards in which Romo is treated.

Tom Brady played like complete poop today. His game losing interception was a much worse throw than Romo's. No one is calling him a choker. Same for Russell Wilson.

Romo does have an issue with making mistakes in high pressure moments but today, he earned the right to be above criticism. They shouldn't have been in that game but he played out of his mind.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
jrry32 said:
Angry Ram said:
jrry32 said:
Tron said:
5 touchdown passes=$$$

Sure. Give me the guy that lead his offense to put up 48 points and put up a bunch of "pretty stats". If we manage to lose, he's the last guy I'll be angry at.

Maybe you didn't see that Denver's offense scored 51 points. And yet you're focusing on the 1 bad play Romo made? His offense scored 48 points. How often is that not enough to win? It's not like Romo threw 5 pick sixes to go with those 48 points.

you're looking at it in a vacuum. romo's m.o. is making awful throws when it matters in the 4th qtr. this is just the latest instalment, which is what the priceless joke is all about.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
kurtfaulk said:
you're looking at it in a vacuum. romo's m.o. is making awful throws when it matters in the 4th qtr. this is just the latest instalment, which is what the priceless joke is all about.

I'm looking at it objectively. With what Romo did today, he's above criticism. This is a team game. The defense is the one who should be getting criticized for the loss. Sadly, because Romo played well enough to have them in that game, he's going to be the one chastised for his one big mistake and the loss.