Game Thread: 49ers @ Rams (2014 Game 5)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jjab360

Legend
Philly game wasn't his fault, but Davis came up short in this and the Dallas game

jjab360

Legend
I have no idea how this team is ever going to be good. It's a culture, it's a mentality, it's a curse, it's fucking something keeping us from being even fucking average. It's crazy...

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
You have got to be f uckin
Philly game wasn't his fault, but Davis came up short in this and the Dallas game
To be fair Schotty lost his damn mind the second half. We're up 14-0 and he's tossing the rock around

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Now it's time to play me some Madden and lose myself in denial...

jjab360

Legend
Davis might be the worst QB against the blitz I've ever seen. Huge weakness that will keep him from ever being a real starter in this league. That and the average arm strength and inconsistent accuracy.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
...and my Madden game just crashed at halftime.

No Rams winnings in any way, shape or form for me tonight. :(

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Offense abandoned the running game and became very, very predictable.

+1. Idk how we didn't adjust to the blitzing. COACHES ADJUSTMENTS were no existent. The just pinned their ears back and teed off on Davis.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I don't get the constant rotation of the running backs. Sure it was nice as a decoy early in the game but you just can't rotate them like that. We never were able to catch a rhythm running the ball. You can see a very different running style from each of our backs, that means the oline catches a rhythm running with a similar back.

Sappy113

Rookie
I have no idea how this team is ever going to be good. It's a culture, it's a mentality, it's a curse, it's freaking something keeping us from being even freaking average. It's crazy...

You know, that was always Fishers first and most important task - changing that mentality. Instead it's getting instilled in a new generation of Rams players, getting us absolutely nowhere.

If Fisher can't solve that task, it's time to find someone else who can.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Davis might be the worst QB against the blitz I've ever seen. Huge weakness that will keep him from ever being a real starter in this league. That and the average arm strength and inconsistent accuracy.
Wilson had the same problem with blitz-pick-up when he first started in the league, that can be fixed. I don't know what happen between the 1st and second half, but his accuracy went to hell. I think, possibly, the fact they put Joseph back in at RG, and Davis started getting pounded, (on Joseph's 1st play) may have had a little to do with it!

ZGare

UDFA
Greg Williams should be fired for the horrible defense call just before halftime. I was in the stands, and said, we have nobody deep. With time running out in the half, they have to go deep to have any chance of scoring, even a field goal, before halftime. Greg Williams has destroyed the good defense we had last year, with the same players. How many 11 yard passes did we let Kaepernick throw toward the sideline anyway.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
How about this. Let Fisher go. Let Schotty go. Hire Jon Gruden. The excuses have gone on way to long. I really think the main problem (above and beyond injuries) is the coaching. My Rams last night, were the worst team I have ever seen play a football game, after getting up 14-0.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
How about this. Let Fisher go. Let Schotty go. Hire Jon Gruden. The excuses have gone on way to long. I really think the main problem (above and beyond injuries) is the coaching. My Rams last night, were the worst team I have ever seen play a football game, after getting up 14-0.

Gruden would never step down from his cushy gig and coach the Rams. The Cowboys maybe but not the Rams.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Greg Williams should be fired for the horrible defense call just before halftime. I was in the stands, and said, we have nobody deep. With time running out in the half, they have to go deep to have any chance of scoring, even a field goal, before halftime. Greg Williams has destroyed the good defense we had last year, with the same players. How many 11 yard passes did we let Kaepernick throw toward the sideline anyway.
+1
Not fired(yet), but i want some answers. That play formation and coverage(from memory) was just plain stupid in that situation. Rams never recovered after that play....despite the fact that they were still winning on the scoreboard.