Game Review

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Nice job, X, and this is my first post since the debacle, just couldn't do it, see what people wrote, and I'm not going to. I watched the game. I saw.

I want to make a few comments. The defensive execution was so bad that I wouldn't even know where to start. We couldn't get off of blocks, and we left HUGE lanes open, there was NO gap responsibility whatsoever. This is fixable, we saw the same thing early last year. They have to play faster, and smarter, IMO. We are not recognizing what teams are trying to do fast enough. Could be coaching, or being out-coached, or could be youth/familiarization, could be outplayed, or of IMO, I think it's a combination of all of those things. When that happens, you don't execute. ONE guy getting beat, one guy that is late to his assignment, or a blown assignment is all it takes. Finnegan has definitely lost a step, or is hurt. He is very slow out there. It/he needs to be addressed.

I think this point is one that everyone will agree with, and what frustrates most of us. We are letting the other team dictate what we do, on offense, and defense, and we are a long way from establishing any kind of identity on either side of the ball.

On the the offensive line. They were getting way too much credit for their play prior to this game. I give Sam, and Shotty most of the credit for not giving up sacks. It's the same thing that Shurmer did, but Bradford 3.0 is a much better player now. I don't know what else to think of Shotty, most of it is not good, but when you drop a lot of balls, get pressured on almost every play, and you can't run the ball, etc., there is a lot of blame to go around. The OL got creamed in this game. Is Long hurt? There's no way that THAT was him. If it was, we're fucked. Dallas played like they were going against blocking bags, instead of, paid good for a living, breathing, 300 lbs plus of muscled human beings with cognitive thinking brains.

The non calls: Same thing every week it seems, but this game had me as angry as last week. So I want to know when the rule changed to allow, only certain teams to make contact after 5 yards. This is the exact reason why Givens and Bradford were off on a few plays. Those were timing routes that shouldn't have been busted up, because Dallas wasn't press covering on the line. They press covered, pushed, grabbed or held, 8 - 14 yds down the field. Should have been a flag every fucking time. I also saw several grabs in the red zone, which reminded me of the Giants game last time we played them. The refs also allowed the Dallas DL to grab and throw our OL repeatedly, which is illegal. So you can't touch a QB in the face, touch...but you can launch yourself, hook him around his whole head, and drive him into the ground??? The calls: There were some bad one's again. They have mostly been covered, but when can we get a fucking break here. To add, we have to do a better job of not forcing that flag, that part is on us.

Bradford was a stud in that game, and I'll punch anybody in the mouth if they didn't think so. Look at the yardage that Eli Manning got out of his offense, in a game very similar to the pressure that Sam faced all day.

3rd down conversions, THE most important facet of the game, if you don't convert, you are off the field. This was the worst bit of execution, which is saying a lot in this game, that happened. I understand the first well-timed blitz, but after that, come on, make a fucking adjustment. Give our boys a chance to execute a play. Most of that early stuff was on the coaches. The line coach, the WR coach, the OC, and the HC for allowing it to continue. Can we fucking have Sam do some designed rollouts, sprint outs, and bootlegs. Christ, don't just leave him there in a stagnant position waiting to be killed. Credit the Cowboys for being well prepared, fired up, and completely kicking our asses.

The main question for me is, where do we go from here? How does this team, and this staff react to this complete ass stomping? I really don't think that Thursday will be a good indication, there are just too many things to fix for it to happen overnight, but I want to see some changes. I need to see some changes. Change is not an easy thing to do, but a lot of people associated with this team are going to have to swallow their pride to make those changes. Let's all hope that they can.

Go Rams!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
X said:
And again, the coaches aren't failing here. Not from what I just saw.

I can't disagree more.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
jrry32 said:
X said:

I can't disagree more.
I'm sure you could if you tried.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Maybe snisher is doing exactly what they want play basic ball this season. With a supposed deep draft next year maybe they are looking for best picks possible to garner more high quality talent with their last year of multi number one picks orrr trade down for even more future picks. Almost feels that way

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Rabid Ram with a horrid supposition:
Maybe snisher is doing exactly what they want play basic ball this season. With a supposed deep draft next year maybe they are looking for best picks possible to garner more high quality talent with their last year of multi number one picks orrr trade down for even more future picks. Almost feels that way

Were that true, the first thing I'd do is get a new coach.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
I feel this happens Alot in the NFL. With all these supposed quick turn around happening now a days.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
albefree69 said:

yup.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
Change is not an easy thing to do, but a lot of people associated with this team are going to have to swallow their pride to make those changes. Let's all hope that they can.

Fisher is on the clock. Walton takes a seat

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
X said:
jrry32 said:
X said:
jrry32 said:
X said:

I can't disagree more.

Nah. It's a very strong disagreement. :lol:
Elaborate. You got something better to do?

I felt Schotty did a poor job of finding ways to slow Dallas's pass rush. The screens and draws came too late(although our screen blocking sucks). We didn't move the pocket like we should have with a QB like Sam. We could have utilized some different screens or quick hitting passes. We could have kept Lance into block or had him and the HB chip the DEs more often.

It was a crap situation but he didn't do enough to make it better.

As far as Walton, I can't even begin to express my frustrations with the scheme. Even if the players aren't executing, the scheme is poorly drawn up.

iced

jrry32 said:
X said:
jrry32 said:
X said:
jrry32 said:
X said:

I can't disagree more.

Nah. It's a very strong disagreement. :lol:
Elaborate. You got something better to do?

I felt Schotty did a poor job of finding ways to slow Dallas's pass rush. The screens and draws came too late(although our screen blocking sucks). We didn't move the pocket like we should have with a QB like Sam. We could have utilized some different screens or quick hitting passes. We could have kept Lance into block or had him and the HB chip the DEs more often.

It was a crap situation but he didn't do enough to make it better.

As far as Walton, I can't even begin to express my frustrations with the scheme. Even if the players aren't executing, the scheme is poorly drawn up.

dude - i just ran through real quick on watching all of pead's carries throughout the game, there was only 1 screen that was blocked well... the others, which was like i don't know, maybe 5? yea, just dreadful... i mean COMPLETE whiffs... the last one of the game was ONE OF THE WORST. 2 lineman, 1 lb...no one else around... lineman completely whiffs on justin durant, he easily makes a tackle for a 2 yard gain.

it was the o-line's worst game I've seen...

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I agree that execution was the major problem on offense like X explained, unfortunately we looked even worse on Defense somewhere in there the coach's need to be accountable.
Yes once again it is execution that hurt the D however if that means better preparation is necessary then prepare. Our team (Players and Coaches) were beaten now lets get ready for SF.
Great teams have short memories Now lets Move On.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
albefree69 said:

OK - That's going to get my second ever LIKE. And to cut to the chase, I am in no way advocating for a new coach or coordinators and I'm guessing Alan isn't either.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I don't think anyone was pinning that loss on Bradford (unless you went to visit the looney bin)

Bradford has been doing okay this year.

My only complaints with him are the fact that you can guess when he's going to snap the ball. I was calling all game long and I didny have to study film to do it.

I also have noticed he has been throwing nothing but rockets in the last two games. The first week he threw with touch and only rifled it when he needed too. Look at Manning tonight. He has not thrown a hard ball all game. Just tosses it to the spot. I think this may be the reason for the drops.

RamzFanz

Damnit
So, rams are averaging 29 points a game against this season.

More than all but 3 games last season and you think it's not coaching? It's not the new soft D?

Did the D forget how to play? The safeties and ogltree are playing pretty well so it's not the new guys.

At this time, with all due respect for your observations, I can't agree. It wasn't broke and they tried to fix it.

RamzFanz

Damnit
HitStick said:
I don't think anyone was pinning that loss on Bradford (unless you went to visit the looney bin)

My only complaints with him are the fact that you can guess when he's going to snap the ball. I was calling all game long and I didny have to study film to do it.

I also have noticed he has been throwing nothing but rockets in the last two games. The first week he threw with touch and only rifled it when he needed too. Look at Manning tonight. He has not thrown a hard ball all game. Just tosses it to the spot. I think this may be the reason for the drops.

Yeah, balls being thrown at terminal velocity isn't helping. It also seems he's late and behind the receiver more than in the past.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
RamzFanz said:

More than all but 3 games last season and you think it's not coaching? It's not the new soft D?

Did the D forget how to play? The safeties and ogltree are playing pretty well so it's not the new guys.

At this time, with all due respect for your observations, I can't agree. It wasn't broke and they tried to fix it.
That's cool if you don't agree. Like I said, they're my observations after rewatching the game twice and replaying specific snaps over and over and over again until I saw what everyone was doing on certain individual plays. I've come away with the opinion that if execution was better, then these offensive and defensive breakdowns wouldn't be happening, and the offensive and defensive play calling wouldn't be causes for concern.

And not to be a pain in the ass or anything, but you didn't offer anything in the form of rebuttal other than rhetorical questions. You're great with animated gifs, so I would hope you would take the time to go through some of these bad plays slowly and deliberately. Because I know animated gifs take some time... lol.

RamzFanz

Damnit
X said:
RamzFanz said:

That's cool if you don't agree. Like I said, they're my observations after rewatching the game twice and replaying specific snaps over and over and over again until I saw what everyone was doing on certain individual plays. I've come away with the opinion that if execution was better, then these offensive and defensive breakdowns wouldn't be happening, and the offensive and defensive play calling wouldn't be causes for concern.

And not to be a pain in the ass or anything, but you didn't offer anything in the form of rebuttal other than rhetorical questions. You're great with animated gifs, so I would hope you would take the time to go through some of these bad plays slowly and deliberately. Because I know animated gifs take some time... lol.

I usually do review a lot before I give an opinion but I don't have the heart to watch that again. I admire your fortitude.

I'm not saying they executed well on D. I don't think they win even if they did. They weren't scared of Romo running and they played way way off the line. It's not what they did last season and its the main reason for the high scores against IMHO.

I'm watching Denver getting wr's open all game with clever play design and the rams can't do the same for ta?

I don't get it.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
HitStick said:

It was pretty obvious. Williams looks down, hits Wells on the leg and then looks up. Ball snapped.