Game planning for the Refs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Do NFL teams have analytics on various ref crews and their tendencies? I’m not a conspiracist but they are human and data over time may show some sort of correlation, regardless of how hard one tries to be objective.

I wouldn’t be surprised if any team does this, but I would let DBs and WRs know that this crew doesn’t call defensive holding or OPI as much, so you can be more physical…let the lineman know how a crew calls holding penalties, etc

Q729

Legend
Do NFL teams have analytics on various ref crews and their tendencies? I’m not a conspiracist but they are human and data over time may show some sort of correlation, regardless of how hard one tries to be objective.

I wouldn’t be surprised if any team does this, but I would let DBs and WRs know that this crew doesn’t call defensive holding or OPI as much, so you can be more physical…let the lineman know how a crew calls holding penalties, etc
Maybe they got interns crunching those numbers. I'd figure coaches are busy working on the normal stuff.

WestCoastRam

Legend

Yes, Warren Sharp I think has referenced league wide stats on Twitter a number of times but can't find posts.

Last edited:

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You can’t fix incompetence. They’re making calls that they think they see , and not calling the obvious ones. Donald could’ve had a dozen holding calls against him yesterday. I still didn’t see what they called on the center yesterday near the goal line. He hesitated a split second, and that is the norm. Never saw that call before

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rams didn't get called for offensive holding either. And the Ravens got called for a pretty ticky tacky DPI. They missed a block in the back on the return, but overall they were fine. The best we can hope for with our OL is that they don't call it on either team. I'm sure that Jackson, Shelton and Noteboom probably held more than a few times.....especially considering we played the NFL leaders in sacks and the only sacks we surrendered were coverage sacks.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Maybe they got interns crunching those numbers. I'd figure coaches are busy working on the normal stuff.
Yeah and you don't have to watch film. Have a guy show you some quick numbers and you can briefly mention it the last day of meetings before the game.

Q729

Legend
#1 seed denied.
Damn this was the wrong thread all along.