Game Grades- TST

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

…..

Legend
http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2014/11/10/7185713/rams-cardinals-failing-grades-pockmark-report-card

QB -
grade_f.0.png

Two interceptions, a fumble and a litany of examples of what not to do under pressure. Don't worry. This isn't all on Austin Davis.
RB -
grade_c_plus.0.png

An improved grade as last week for, relatively, the same performance plus some receiving work. Of course the bigger issue was the lack of volume. The Rams' commitment to a pass-heavy offense that doesn't move the ball well is...interesting.
WR -
D.0.png

On a day when Davis needed his primary target to win, too often they just didn't. The pressure meant he wasn't going to have a ton of time to go through progressions, though he did a terrible job of it nonetheless, but Davis NEEDED his wide receivers yesterday. They came up short. Please send your reason the Rams hate to use Tavon Austin even after he gets off to a nice start to turfshowtimes@gmail.com.
TE -
B.0.png

Jared Cook's explosion up the seam was the highlight of the day. Lance Kendricks had a plus day marred by a horrendous penalty call that negated a huge play. There's an argument to be made that this is the best unit on the offense. Blocking wasn't beautiful, but there were worse in that area...
O-line -
grade_f.0.png

Just horrendous. This isn't a personnel issue either. The only difference between yesterday's line and the week one unit was Greg Robinson in for Jake Long at left tackle. This team doesn't have excuses here. These are the guys they brought in. They decided to re-sign Rodger Saffold after the Oakland debacle. They decided to draft Greg Robinson at #2 overall. You could easily claim the line lost the game for the Rams yesterday, and it's a legitimate rebuke of the entire staff that the line they've built over three years was this bad yesterday. Hard to expect them to build other units to a sufficient degree if they can't get this to a playable level.
D-line -
grade_b_minus.0.png

Had some big moments, but left wanting in some of Arizona's. I might be a bit unfair here given how well they anchored the run defense, but when Arizona really started clicking in the passing game, they needed to make more of an impact.
LB -
grade_b_minus.0.png

No reason not to give the linebackers the same grade as the line. Perfectly clean in the running game. Enough big plays to have highlights to lean on, but they were a bit slow in closing the middle of the field on the Cards slightly too often. I guess worth pointing out here that the defense had a solid game overall. Ok fine, give em both B's.
Secondary -
C.0.png

The passing totals weren't pretty as Arizona finished with 307 passing yards, but they supported the run game well. There's at least a backable identity with the defense and their physicality. Holding an opponent to 17 offensive points isn't shameful in the least. It's not great either.
Special Teams - Meh
Dumb penalty. Unfair penalty. A lot of nothing everywhere else. Benny Cunningham has been a revelation this season in delivering positive field position on kick returns with uncanny consistency. Do the Rams wanna try to block on punt returns to give Tavon Austin a chance at a single return this year? Nah? Ok.
Coaching -
grade_d_minus.0.png

Brian Schottenheimer's resistance to shortening the offense to deal with the pass rush for much of the game was inexplicable. Tavon Austin is a unique talent the Rams are uninterested in committing to despite having traded up to draft him 8th overall. The lack of player development is stunting multiple position units. With nothing to play for in 2014, that's going to be the major concern throughout the next two months.

…..

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
hmmm...sorry about those grades being so huge. They did not appear that way when I copied the information from the site.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I think those grades are too low until we hit the 4th quarter. At that point we can say it was a failure on the part of the entire team collectively throwing in the towel.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
I think the grades speak for themselves. How big or small they appeared on our comps, didn't overstate what all of us saw. For us to win, we need a near perfect game from everyone......and that didn't happen. And some of the questions about the play calling is legit. Yes, there may have been multiple calls which the defenses dictate choosing one.....but why we were attacking their strength w/ our weakness, is beyond me. Take what the defense gives you and we remain in that game. force plays down the field .....and you saw the result............

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
that grade should be posted in big red paint on Schottenheimers office door. youngest team in the NFL with more starting rookies than I've ever seen, enough talent to wreak havoc any given Sunday and this man doesn't know what the fuck he's doing when he actually has to COACH. is it coincidence Sanchez failed in New York then refused to entertain the idea to come play for Schotty and is now lighting it up in Philly? get this man out of here. step in Fisher before you lose your team and fans respect.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Have to agree that the play calling at times was puzzling! Agree that Austin is underutilized for no real reason other than Davis isn't seeing him when he is in! However, Austin's not in there very much!

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
I think these grades are lazy. The o line did a lot better in pass protection this week.

SierraRam

Recreational User
Agree for the most part except DL. They stuffed a good running game and got consistent pressure: B+

and I'd give the RB's an incomplete and expel the QB