Game Day Thread: Rams at Packers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
178fd2f760efad36fe1cfacf8cdb645d_zpssehsv2xt.jpg

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Come on you RAMS!

Last edited:

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Hope he gets them on his way to 52 by the end of the day...I think several sacks and mucho pressure is the only way the Rams have a chance today..They really, really need to get off fast or Rodgers will eat them.up...GO RAMS !!!!!!!!..

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Agree with Mikey... the Rams can't let Rogers play catch with his receivers all day. I think the key to this is to play them like San Fran did... press coverage. And of course we need some offense to keep the D off the field. Go RAMS!

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
My thoughts here is IMO the Packers @ home are the best of the NFL currently. As we all know Aaron Rodgers is the key here. One area where the Rams have a big edge & should be successful is attacking the Packers OT's (David Bakhtiari & Bryan Bulaga {bad knee}). Quinn & Long should win these battles.

These two interior OG's will be a handful for our DT's & will test our young DT's. I feel these two OG's for Packers are the best starting duo in the NFC. If this defense could get Rodgers feeling the big heat & get him hurting the Rams can pull off one of this teams biggest upset in a decade.

Hard luck handed to the Rams in their schedule where they faced the top two NFC teams on the road back to back. Bet the NFL racketeers were laughing at their bad deeds towards the Rams on this matter.

P.S. Packers has two under 5-11 starting CB's.....Our trio of large tall WR's (Britt, Quick & Jared Cook) should have a big day.

Last edited:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think the key to this is to play them like San Fran did...

I was thinking this the other day. San Fransisco may have did us a favour by providing some fresh tape on how to slow the Packers.

Here's hoping GW mixes in some of those things, even if it gets away a little from his core philosophy.

jap

Legend
Possible playoff preview game! Huge statement game and team gut check time for the young Horns, or Why I Chose to Go to War With a Gurley Man! Rams' D whales away on Aaron, and the Gurley Express! & Co. whales away on the GB D.

General Greg's blitzes have to be very judiciously executed today as Aaron will make them pay if he sees them coming. Time for The Incredible Brock and AD to get downright disruptive in the trenches today, pressing the pocket inward while Chris and The Mighty One (assuming he even plays!) seals the edges. Jenks needs to play his most disciplined ball today---no ball hawking unless it's a sure thing! Aaron spanked you with some serious schooling before: let's show the master you are a vastly improved student. The Baby Animal will have his most difficult defensive quarterbacking assignment trying to match wits with Aaron. Our mini MAC truck safeties gotta bring the hammer to all would be GB receivers!

We should have quite a time testing the GB D with TGII, especially if the brace is off today. They might shut him down for small yardage on most runs, but he should break loose for a few long gainers today---the Cream always rises to the top! Gurley will gradually suck in the LBs and safeties by attacking mostly between the tackles while Tavon will test the edges with a few jet sweeps, opening up the P/A passing game for Nick and his big fly boys. It doesn't matter much to me whether we score TD's on long, clock-killing drives or long Gurley/Tavon runs or quick P/A strikes to the receivers as long as the Pack ends up in increasingly deeper scoring holes. Then our D can pin their ears back and go after Aaron with gusto!

Johnny Hekker needs to be primed and ready. We may need long high punts to push the Pack way back at times or coffin corner strikes to bury them really deep. Greg the Turbo Leg is always our ace in the hole for tight, close contests. Expect the Pack to punt away from Tavon as often as possible, but hope that their punter messes up a few times and lets our smallest player get a hold of the rock. Bam bam better wrap up that rock and not provide any presents for the GB special teams.

Last edited:

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I have a buddy who is a die hard Packers fan and last thing I said to him as we left work on Friday was .. "that Int at home thing ENDS this week! I bet him that not only would Rodgers throw his first Int at home, but TWO. And that one WILL BE taken to the HOUSE! :boxing::rolllaugh: Gawd I hope I am right!! lol.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Two points, I need to make;
1) How great would it be for Quinn to hit that 50 Mark after having that Baby Girl!
2) We need a Little inspiration from the Past, Soooo ..

130604111426-deacon-jones-merlin-olsen-jerry-kramer-nlc-02291-single-image-cut.jpg

Veltrung4.jpg

GO RAMS!!

addon.jpg

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
If we win today, there won't be a pundit that has us out of the top ten. Huge game, but not necessarily a must win.

FYI: Many Seahaek fans want us to win so they have a shot at the #1 seed. Yeah...

jap

Legend
If we win today, there won't be a pundit that has us out of the top ten. Huge game, but not necessarily a must win.

FYI: Many Seahaek fans want us to win so they have a shot at the #1 seed. Yeah...

Well, they can't have it---even if we win. If we beat the Pack, it will be noted that we took down the 'Hawks and Cards too. They can bellyache all they want to about missing Cam for our game, but everyone & their grandmama knows he ain't the real stud in their secondary.

We beat GB before the bye, you can bet this team will come out focused two weeks later. A 3-2 start and a real chance to take the division? No way the coaches let them slack the hell off!

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
Well, they can't have it---even if we win. If we beat the Pack, it will be noted that we took down the 'Hawks and Cards too. They can bellyache all they want to about missing Cam for our game, but everyone & their grandmama knows he ain't the real stud in their secondary.

We beat GB before the bye, you can bet this team will come out focused two weeks later. A 3-2 start and a real chance to take the division? No way the coaches let them slack the hell off!

Couldn't agree more, man. I was mainly pointing t out the odd sense of confidence they possess. I mean they appear to be the third best team in the division, as it stands, and they have their sights set on the #1 seed? Clearly they haven't tempered their enthusiasm. They are not the team they were two years ago but that's not stopping them from thinking they are better than they are. Only shrewd reality will do that. (y)

RamWoodie

Legend
It's a great Sunday! I've returned from worship and now I'm "tempered" for this game! A game the Rams can win and put everyone on notice that this young team is ready to make another bold statement, as they did last week.

It's gonna be tough no doubt...Aaron Rodgers is a surgeon back there...but the Rams secondary has the ability to make his scalpel dull...along with a voracious front four.

We'll know the story in a couple of hours...it's gonna be tough, but it can be done.

GO RAMS!!! (y)(y)(y)

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I say we set the tone early. Give em the short pass early and punish them. Let them drive down for a field goal and return to the bench and ask "I got the crap knocked outta me for that?"

MarkMyWords

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Mark
IIRC....On the NFL network, this morning, they mentioned that Laurinaitis said it was important for the Ram's defense to force Rogers to go to his 3rd and 4th receivers. That way our front four will get to him even easier. Wondering if that means the Rams will play a little tighter with coverage on the short passing game..... I would think that would help with stopping the run too since GB's long passing game isn't the same w/o Nelson........