Game by Game analysis of attaining a 10-6 season with brutal scheduling:

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
The first three weeks look easy--but aren't. And, don't forget every year 2 teams drop down, but 2 teams get a lot better. This year KC will drop, and Denver will not be so invicible. However, Tampa and maybe even Washington will take sigificant steps forward.

1 Sep 07 MIN @ STL Edward Jones Dome 1:00 PM Tickets FOX

Well, everyone knows they have to win this. Playing very conservatively on offense for the entire first half will net them only 6 points; they break it open in the second half. It is at home, they stop AP just enough that he isn't a factor in the 4th quarter. People are giggling at the Rams options at Wide Reciever. Kenny Britt thinks he's a pro bowler for one game. Rams win. (1-0)

2 Sep 14 STL @ TB Raymond James Stadium 4:05 PM Tickets FOX
Bucs are not used to Lovie's Tampa 2 system just yet, and give up a few long ones. The Bucs QB is not ready with his new offense, this looks like an easy game, but Lovie's defense is prepared for the Ram run game. The Rams get a late field goal, and Chris Long is jumping around as the Rams win by 1. This becomes a boring, 1976 Rams win. Rams win (2-0)

3 Sep 21 DAL @ STL Edward Jones Dome 1:00 PM Tickets FOXRams have been humiliated so many times, it has to stop. Jenkins comes through, and Dez Bryant is stunned that a little corner could hang with him. Romo says afterward that it was a different Ram defense than the 2013 one. Rams take advantage of Dallas corners.

4 Bye

5 Oct 05 STL @ PHI Lincoln Financial Field 1:00 PM Tickets FOX

Rams come to play, but they still can't seem to handle this diverse Philly offense. McCoy has a big day--Ogletree and Laurenaitis get beat by McCoy in coverage all day long; In the 4th quarter McCoy is running like we are swiss cheese; we are surprised. Rams lose by 10+. Rams lose (3-1)

6 Oct 13 SF @ STL Edward Jones Dome 8:30 PM Tickets ESPN
Rams have been 'training' all summer for this game. Rams take it; Every phase is solid, and the 49er cornerbacks see a 'new' set of receivers than they have recently dominated. The offenseive line is solid and the Rams win the 3rd down battle agains the 9er WRs. Rams win. (4-1)

7 Oct 19 SEA @ STL Edward Jones Dome 1:00 PM Tickets FOX

Rams have a 6 day rest, and after playing the 49ers, they are not emotionally ready---except for TJ McDonald . All the Rams fans are surprised that the game is so close, despite the Rams making a bunch of mistakes. Rams fans are crushed, not because Seattle's offense is good, but the defense embarrasses the WR's. Rams lose (4-2)

8 Oct 26 STL @ KC Arrowhead Stadium 1:00 PM Tickets FOX

Rams play great, and KC realized that they are missing some players, still. ALex Smith is afraid again and Eric Fisher is why. Jammal Charles doesn't do enough. Quinn laughs afterward. Rams win (5-2)

9 Nov 02 STL @ SF Levi's Stadium 4:05 PM Tickets FOX

Rams play a great game, show the 49ers that the are 'on par' with them, but road games are tough in the NFC West. Rams offense uncorks a bit, and we realize that Bradfor is for real---every Ram game is winnable now. However, 9ers make all the right plays at the right time, and Kapernick realizes they only win if he scrambles. He scrambles, Ogletree is sick. Rams lose (5-3)

10 Nov 09 STL @ ARI University of Phoenix Stadium 4:25 PM Tickets FOX

Rams are gettting good play out of offensive line, Benny Cunningham is shocking people and Brian Quick is the X factor making some big plays against some average 3rd corners. Stedman is consistent when needed; It doesn't hurt that Carson Palmer is beat up by now. This is the key game of the year that the Rams have to win.
Rams win (6-3)

11 Nov 16 DEN @ STL Edward Jones Dome 1:00 PM Tickets CBS

Peyton is way off this year, compared to last year; Rams are rushing 3 on third down, while bringing a 4th late, and it frustrated Manning for the first half. Rams break a few big plays in the 2nd half and win what many thought was possible because of Bradford's emergence and the surprise play of their corners. Tavon surprises the Denver secondary. All ram fans are thinking playoffs. (Rams win 7-3)

12 Nov 23 STL @ SD Qualcomm Stadium 4:05 PM Tickets FOX

Rams lose by 10+; Everyone is surprised, except for Phillip Rivers, who tears it up. Rams O doesn't get it going until late in the game. People were thinking division title, but this game shows that matchups in the NFL are what count. Keenan Allen gets 200+ (Rams lose 7-4).

13 Nov 30 OAK @ STL Edward Jones Dome 1:00 PM Tickets CBS

Rams needed weak oppenent to beat up on and recover emotionally, while gaining confidence for the stretch run; Rams thrash a much improved Raider team. Quinn is laughing in the locker room after 3 sacks. Rams win (8-4)

14 Dec 07 STL @ WAS FedExField 1:00 PM Tickets FOX
This is the game of the year. Bradford and RGmi play lights out. This game is a slugfest and Bradford brings the Rams back as the much improved Washington defense lets down. RGIII hopes that he can make up for last year and the trade all in one game, and still loses. Brian Orakpro has a big game, but not enough. Rams win (9-4)

15 Dec 11 ARI @ STL Edward Jones Dome 8:25 PM Tickets NFLN

Rams do everything right to win the game, but Cards have an incredible day on defense and the offense once again realizes that better play calling is paramount for success. Every year there is a game that is winnable, but is stolen away. Rams lose. (9-5)

16 Dec 21 NYG @ STL Edward Jones Dome 4:05 PM Tickets FOX
Giants are better than we think now, and Eli does everything right, but the Rams offense comes to life and has a big day passing; Tavon brings one back and we win big. Rams win (10-5)

17 Dec 28 STL @ SEA CenturyLink Field 4:25 PM Tickets FOX
Rams know that if they win, they can get in as a wild card.Seattle has played lights out defense all year, covering a mediocre offense. The Rams come ready to play, and do everything possible to win the game, and are reminded that Seattle is dominant on defense and Russel Wilson is a man possessed to win. Rams lose (10-6)

I think that the Rams have a chance to achieve this through the following attainable factors:

a) Good running game (4.5 per carry). Bradford is up to 7.2 yards per attempt.

b) Great run defense (3.6 per carry) with a pass defense at 7.1 per attempt, with some long td's given up

c) Bradfords takes the necessary risks at key moments in games.

d) Stedman gets 65 balls for 875 yards and 5 Tds.

e) Jenkins plays 'just good ' enough throughout the year in the 'win' games.

f) Jared Cook is the 4th option on most 3rd downs--and is forgotten by the opposing teams, and still makes some huge grabs to keep the rams going in the fourth quarters.g) Britt fills the same role as Cook on 3rd downs and makes some key catches early in the season.

h) The Rams O line is considered a top 10 unit, and Bradford has a bunch of clean games.

i) 1-2 games a team sleeps on Tavon, and he dominates so we win---Denver/Washington

j) Other teams have injuries this year, not the Rams.

RamsAndEwe

Rookie
If 3 out of the Rams top 5 picks are defense, I think the Rams will lower their league worst 8.1 YDS/A pass defense to 6.6. Gregg Robinson's defensive scheme will be a big part of the dramatic improvement. However I doubt Sam Bradford's YDS/A climbs as high as 7.2. I will be very happy with 6.9...

I like all the rest of your predictions. I can see a 6-0 start. I'm not saying that's what I predict, but if we catch a few breaks the Rams could Roar out of the gate. I'm not near as optimistic about games 7-12.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
I'd flip flop the AZ games. We both play better @ home. Seattle has shown they have problems against our defense on the road. And I don't think Philly has seen anything close to our pass rush. (Foles had problems last year when he was rushed....but he wasn't rushed that much). W/o a big play threat of Jackson to keep us from jumping short routes and bringing an inordinate amount of pressure. Philly withers to a few good drives at garbage time. Their defense is one of the first to fall to our running attack, which keeps the ball away from their "speed up" offensive style.
But don't expect a "lights out" offense. We'll win ugly (or in some cases.....uglier....) but I think you're close on the win total. Grind and position......w/ the occasional "where did that come from....?"

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Bradford at 7.7 wouldn't suprise me because of the running game, and higher completion percentage because Quick knows where to go 60% of the time, and Baily is dependable; I agree on the pass defense idea, but are their corners ready to play that well.....

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Who knows this early. I just hate the way the schedule has been laid out. 3 straight road games, week 4 bye, ending the year on the road...again. It's bullshit to me.

Better hope there isn't any significant injuries, a 12 game in a row gauntlet can unravel once the owies get going.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If 3 out of the Rams top 5 picks are defense, I think the Rams will lower their league worst 8.1 YDS/A pass defense to 6.6. Gregg Robinson's defensive scheme will be a big part of the dramatic improvement. However I doubt Sam Bradford's YDS/A climbs as high as 7.2. I will be very happy with 6.9...

I like all the rest of your predictions. I can see a 6-0 start. I'm not saying that's what I predict, but if we catch a few breaks the Rams could Roar out of the gate. I'm not near as optimistic about games 7-12.

Jeez youre really high on Greg Robinson, you think the rams will not only select him, but they will let him call the defense too? :whistle::whistle::cheers:

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'd flip flop the AZ games. We both play better @ home. Seattle has shown they have problems against our defense on the road. And I don't think Philly has seen anything close to our pass rush. (Foles had problems last year when he was rushed....but he wasn't rushed that much). W/o a big play threat of Jackson to keep us from jumping short routes and bringing an inordinate amount of pressure. Philly withers to a few good drives at garbage time. Their defense is one of the first to fall to our running attack, which keeps the ball away from their "speed up" offensive style.
But don't expect a "lights out" offense. We'll win ugly (or in some cases.....uglier....) but I think you're close on the win total. Grind and position......w/ the occasional "where did that come from....?"
I agree with your logic 100%. However, I think the location in the schedule of the game is something I was guessing about---meaning the Rams will be desparate to win that game. WHen division rivals are 'equal' usually one team doesn't win both. So, if the Rams win the first one, I don't think they are so great they will win the 2nd...

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I hate to say it but that schedule reeks of anywhere from 6 -10 to 10-6.
Denver at least 1 against Seattle AZ and SF, KC, Phi, and yes Dallas. That's 7 potential losses and that's splitting with are division foes.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Good stuff Mr Brown.

I like to break the season down into four quarters(four game chunks) and set the goals as such.
As i do every year i'll be breaking it down LATER.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I can see 11-5 if we have a strong draft. There are 3 keys to success with this schedule:
1. We need an impressive 3-0 start because those are all very winnable games.
2. We need to get wins out of all 3 division home games.
3. We can't get upset by lesser teams.
If we can pull those out, we can have an 11 win season and possibly make the playoffs. :cool:

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
That's the thing about the Rams potential and this schedule. Last season the Rams lost 3 games to division opponents on the road because they were 1-dimensional. The running game was stopped, and the passing game was ineffective. I don't see that happening this season. That is, losing games by more than 10 points, especially with a sure-handed DC in charge. Sure, there'll be that game when the wheels come off, but this team is going to compete in the majority of their losses, and still win a bunch of games. Look at the games we won with Clemens ... Clemens!!!!

moklerman

Warner-phile
I wish everyone would quit talking about a 3-0 start. I really wish and hope the Rams aren't looking at the schedule in the same way. They better take 'em one game at a time and respect and focus on each game each week.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
I wish everyone would quit talking about a 3-0 start. I really wish and hope the Rams aren't looking at the schedule in the same way. They better take 'em one game at a time and respect and focus on each game each week.
I wouldn't expect Fisher to do anything like a fan would.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
If Sam is healthy, anything below 9 wins will be a disappointment.

This team played tough the second half of last year. We dominated good teams like Indy and N.O.
Not that we can play that well every week, but it's a good sign of what this team is capable of.

moklerman

Warner-phile
I wouldn't expect Fisher to do anything like a fan would.
No, me either. But players can take games for granted<cough>SBXXXVI<cough> and I'd hate for the team to start thinking that the first 3 were "easy" and look past them to the "tough" part of the schedule.

…..

Legend
I like the Stedman Baily thoughts.....hoping they come to fruition. I've always seen him as the unexpected jewel of the draft.

fearsomefour

Legend
The only good thing about a week 3 bye is it should help Saffold come back from his annual preseason injury.