Game Balls

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Who deserves a game ball today?
For me these are the players that really stood out:

-Higbeast!!!!(Higbee). Guy gets open and can catch, When was the last time the Rams had a TE you could say that about? Yea...I dont remember either. Guy is going to be one of Goffs BFF's!!

-Spruce!!! Lets make a 6'1 version of Proehl, Welker and Amendolla shall we? If he doesnt make the roster than something is wrong. He goes all out, can catch better than any wr on our team, and he can run routes. Him and Higbee are gonna be catching balls from Goff for the next decade.

-BamBam!!! He showed why he is our #2 RB. Did a great job and made me not worry about our rb depth.

-Green!!! Dude can run and catch and deserves a spot on the roster. Yes he wasnt great when it came to ST's, but I doubt he really ever had to play on ST's. Give him time and he will improve in that area. He seems to deserve a chance to be the #4 rb.

-Saeu!! Dude was just there on almost every play. Was a very nice surprise. Dont think he makes the team but if he continues this kind of play over the rest of the preseason, there is no way he shouldnt be on the roster.

-Mannion!!! Dude got shit done!! He will be great depth or trade bait in the following years. Glad we have him.

So that is my list, any one you think I might have left out??? Add who you think deserves a game ball and why! Yes it was pre season but still, this is mainly about depth spots and a lot was shown. Let me know your thoughts!!

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Mannion. Wrs got his trust.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I would take Mannion off the list personally. Yeah he got the win and made some plays. But he also made some terrible terrible throws. Got lucky only one was picked off. He only started playing well into the fourth when he was playing backup backups who won't make the Cowboys.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
Spruce...one man show with what, three straight completions, two for first downs?

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I would take Mannion off the list personally. Yeah he got the win and made some plays. But he also made some terrible terrible throws. Got lucky only one was picked off. He only started playing well into the fourth when he was playing backup backups who won't make the Cowboys.
I agree his passes werent the best, most were off target. But he still did go 11-13. Just my opinion.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree his passes werent the best, most were off target. But he still did go 11-13. Just my opinion.
When Gruden say you made terrific throws i will gladly take that. I dont see how Spruce makes it without the guy throwing the ball. It seems like people rather down play Mannions play because it takes something away from Goff.. We all know Goff is the future, so give Mannion his just due.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
When Gruden say you made terrific throws i will gladly take that. I dont see how Spruce makes it without the guy throwing the ball. It seems like people rather down play Mannions play because it takes something away from Goff.. We all know Goff is the future, so give Mannion his just due.
I did by giving him a game ball. I think he did a very good job.Balls werent perfect but were more than good enough and he helped us win the game.I am very happy we have him.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
I was so wound up I couldn't focus on any of the individual OFFENSIVE LINEMAN.. Until I have energy to watch it again tomorrow does anyone have a game ball for ONE SINGLE OLineman?

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I did by giving him a game ball. I think he did a very good job.Balls werent perfect but were more than good enough and he helped us win the game.I am very happy we have him.
Yea. I probably shouldnt have quoted you i was referring to the poster who wanted to take him off the list. He made two elite qb plays the first one on thrid down to spruce over the middle when he got rocked and the other on 4th down. He threw it perfectly to spruce to where he could catch in stride. And all of this touchdown throws were perfect strikes, even when he pushed the ball down field and we got a PI Call on it.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Yea. I probably shouldnt have quoted you i was referring to the poster who wanted to take him off the list. He made two elite qb plays the first one on thrid down to spruce over the middle when he got rocked and the other on 4th down. He threw it perfectly to spruce to where he could catch in stride. And all of this touchdown throws were perfect strikes, even when he pushed the ball down field and we got a PI Call on it.
AHH gotcha. My bad. This is the best QB chart we've had for a long ass time. It's very awesome!

SierraRam

Recreational User
1.Spruce
2.Spruce

3. Don't forget Benny! The first TD was all him. Huge heart & effort as always

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
Malcolm Brown did a great job tonight as well. I think all the running backs deserve game balls for their efforts tonight.

On a side note, I'll give Mannion a game ball for leading the rams down the field and putting 3 touchdowns on the board; however, I noticed he stared down receivers most of the night. I was hoping to see a pump fake in the last remaining minutes since the corner backs were jumping routes, but he did get us the W.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Spruce...one man show with what, three straight completions, two for first downs?
knowing where the first down was on the 4th down catch is impressive. the TD catch he caught the ball and spun forward with it to score. he seems to understand the little things that become big things when done correctly. Higbee is a big person. maybe he can open up the box some for mr gurley as well. was hoping for a better showing by pharoh cooper, the punt return was nice, the one drop on the short route not so nice, the catch over the middle deep he does get drilled, but that is a big play that the Rams sorely need from WR's. there does seem to be competition at least in the receiving corps, hopefully it brings the best out of all.

OT/ was it me or did the one announcer just love dallas a little more than he should ? on benny's TD........."horrible tackling by the cowboys".....but on the replay gruden goes "thats all benny" ...(maybe benny had something to do with that?) and a play later on a breakaway as a Ram (cunningham or brown) gets free the comment was ("with most of the backups in"). WTF ? that comment could be made for about 80% of the game dumbass. (had to vent a little).

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Rams have some serious talent after the first teams. Coples, Easley and Thomas were god FA signings. Hagar did well at MLB. Scrub OL gave Mannion time. Andrew Donnal impressed me at RT, dude really bulked up in off season. Kush and Folkerts played well. OL is going to be a strength of the team.

I can't wait for next game to see all the ones play a whole qtr. Gurley, Quinn, Brockers, Havenstien, Gaines. That 1st qtr would have been different had they all played.