Game ball goes to the OL!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
Fantastic job in pass pro. Stafford had clean pockets and throwing lanes all day. Run blocking could have been better but we added Jackson at LT, Avila at LG, Shelton at C and Noteboom at RG that is 4 new starters only Jackson and Shelton started some last season.

Great gel - solid protection all day and most of all gave Stafford the confidence and the worst the confidence to go that extra yard.

They all deserve the game ball along with Stafford, Puka and Tutu just all around fantastic job. Very proud of the job the players and coaches did yesterday

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
Surely the entire D needs a game ball for limiting Seattle to 3 yards (until garbage time) in the second half?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
In a win like this there are plenty of game balls to go around, yes. :thumbsup1:

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I hope the 87 rookies we have don't think the NFL is a cake walk!! What's the rule? Enjoy it for 24 hours then get back to work.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
First things first I'm not a huge fan of PFF. Their gradings are a nice tool but I don't put a ton of weight into it. In this case I think their grades will agree with what most all of us saw in the game. The run blocking needs work. They did a fantastic job in pass pro but they need work on run blocking. Everybody not just one or two everybody needs work there.

2eexj58pronb1.png

oldnotdead

Legend

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWw9l1foWGY

I want to share this not for the breakdown of the passing, but at the end he breaks down the OL and protection play. Shelton does a great job in calling for the OL to slide the protection. Williams does a great job in picking up his guy. They get crossed up by a stunt by the NT which catches Havenstein by surprise. But the NT stunting took too long and Stafford was able to hit Tutu for a big chunk.

What is impressive is the level of communication that is going on in a noisy stadium with an OL that hasn't played as a cohesive unit before. PFF probably downgraded Joe for a missed block but it wasn't his fault as Wagner and Williams blocked him out as exactly the stunt was designed to do.

It was nice to see the OL really playing at a high level after the shit storm we witnessed last year. This shows good coaching and game prep by Wendell. It was also nice to see exactly why Williams is a 3 down RB and Akers isn't.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Tutu was inside the 40 when Stafford released the ball. Caught it at the 20 and had to wait for it. Kinda shows how fast he really is. They gotta design plays to stretch the defense with him. That is elite speed.

oldnotdead

Legend
It wasn't meant as a dig at Havenstein but as a simple statement of fact. There are two sides and when you evaluate things you need to account for both sides. If you have a problem with that okay. But it doesn't change the fact that it happens in games just look at Havenstein's face and you can see he didn't see it coming as no one on the line did.

I'm pointing this out as when we watch games we see things that look like a missed block or opportunity but we are not taking things in context which is what you are doing.

TexasRam

Legend

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWw9l1foWGY

I want to share this not for the breakdown of the passing, but at the end he breaks down the OL and protection play. Shelton does a great job in calling for the OL to slide the protection. Williams does a great job in picking up his guy. They get crossed up by a stunt by the NT which catches Havenstein by surprise. But the NT stunting took too long and Stafford was able to hit Tutu for a big chunk.

What is impressive is the level of communication that is going on in a noisy stadium with an OL that hasn't played as a cohesive unit before. PFF probably downgraded Joe for a missed block but it wasn't his fault as Wagner and Williams blocked him out as exactly the stunt was designed to do.

It was nice to see the OL really playing at a high level after the shit storm we witnessed last year. This shows good coaching and game prep by Wendell. It was also nice to see exactly why Williams is a 3 down RB and Akers isn't.

Get my name out yo mouth - Big Rob. :mad::)

Last edited: