Game all said and done, how do you feel on Stacy?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I think he showed exactly why people were clamoring for him to start, he looks like he has everything our other guys have and more, the powerful, tackle breaking ability of Benny, the quick feet and explosiveness of Richardson and Pead's field vision.

Want to see a little more of him, see what he can do against a team that isn't 0-5, but still a good sign.

So far I'd say I'm impressed.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
He's got the starting gig as far as I'm concerned. Moves the pile some and is harder to bring down.
Just needs to be able to shoulder more of the load. Thought he did okay in pass pro too.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzlpTRNIAvc[/youtube]

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
5.6 ypc isn't too shaby although it was against the Jags.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Should be our starter. Recognizes cutback lanes, pushes the pile, hits the lane hard, breaks tackles, falls forward for positive yardage when he's bottled up...he's easily our best HB. Our others don't do any of that with any regularity.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
I wasn't overly impressed. The line blocked a hell of a lot better.

Stacy is what he is. He is a physical RB without real playmaking ability. SHould he start from here on out? Maybe, but thats more of a commentary on the RBs than on Stacy. We need to upgrade the position.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
libertadrocks said:

Stacy is what he is. He is a physical RB without real playmaking ability. SHould he start from here on out? Maybe, but thats more of a commentary on the RBs than on Stacy. We need to upgrade the position.

Yes, the OL blocked better...but...do you think the blocking might have seemed better because Stacy found holes that our other HBs weren't finding?

On multiple plays, he made a hop step to find a back-side hole. What other HBs on our team this year have done that?

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
libertadrocks said:
[hilite]I wasn't overly impressed. The line blocked a hell of a lot better.[/hilite]
I'm not really sure that's true. The line wasn't making huge holes. And D-Rich certainly didn't play any better than he had all season when he was in there.

D-Rich is just a change of pace back, he's a good change of pace back, but a change of pace back nonetheless.

Stacey kept gaining positive yards. He would get a few extra yards when others couldn't. Those few extra yards were the difference in being short on third down and keeping the drive going. He may not have D-Rich break away speed, but he did his job much better

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
jrry32 said:
libertadrocks said:

Yes, the OL blocked better...but...do you think the blocking might have seemed better because Stacy found holes that our other HBs weren't finding?

On multiple plays, he made a hop step to find a back-side hole. What other HBs on our team this year have done that?
Not DRich he just runs at the pile of guys lmao

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
jrry32 said:
libertadrocks said:

He did find the holes, but Jaxs front 7 is not good. They were giving up over 5 and a half yards a carry coming into today.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I'd say he was very efficient and hit holes hard. Much better than DR. But I don't see him ever breaking a long run. Just not that kind of burst of speed. I still think (and I'm probably one of the few) that Pead has the most talent.
Just don't know if he will ever live up to it.

For now I start Stacy over DR or Cunningham.

Stacy- 14 for 78 (5.6 YPC).

That's enough to respect the run game for sure.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
bwdenverram said:
I'd say he was very efficient and hit holes hard. Much better than DR. But I don't see him ever breaking a long run. Just not that kind of burst of speed. I still think (and I'm probably one of the few) that Pead has the most talent.
Just don't know if he will ever live up to it.

For now I start Stacy over DR or Cunningham.

Stacy- 14 for 78 (5.6 YPC).

That's enough to respect the run game for sure.

Agreed

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Rabid Ram said:
jrry32 said:
libertadrocks said:

You really don't like DRich do you Dustin? :lmao:

I agree though, he definitely lacks field awareness and finding the hole. It's not easy out there man, not gonna pretend like it's as simple as run from point A to point B.

Dude just doesn't have it though, I don't think I've ever seen him run anywhere but where he's designed.

The weird thing is, all our HBs have hang up and failings that the others are splendid at. If only we could combine Cunningham, Pead, DRich and Stacy into one person we'd have a HOFer.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
HometownBoy said:
Rabid Ram said:
jrry32 said:
libertadrocks said:

You really don't like DRich do you Dustin? :lmao:

I agree though, he definitely lacks field awareness and finding the hole. It's not easy out there man, not gonna pretend like it's as simple as run from point A to point B.

Dude just doesn't have it though, I don't think I've ever seen him run anywhere but where he's designed.

The weird thing is, all our HBs have hang up and failings that the others are splendid at. If only we could combine Cunningham, Pead, DRich and Stacy into one person we'd have a HOFer.
Lol nope I don't I'm personally not a fan of anyone in our hb stable think we need to upgrade the position.
DRich just kills me if you watch the SF game he did nothing to help himself then today Stacy plays well against a horrible Jax front 7 yet when DRich comes In he can't get it done

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
libertadrocks said:
jrry32 said:
libertadrocks said:

He did find the holes, but Jaxs front 7 is not good. They were giving up over 5 and a half yards a carry coming into today.

He found holes and generated yards after contact. That's all we need. And all we'll likely get. We don't have an Adrian Peterson.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
He should be starting, I've been saying this ever since we drafted him. :sly:

He's the best we got atm.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
jrry32 said:
libertadrocks said:
jrry32 said:
libertadrocks said:

He found holes and generated yards after contact. That's all we need. And all we'll likely get. We don't have an Adrian Peterson.

I'll reserve judgement on Stacy until he faces an NFL quality front 7

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
libertadrocks said:
I'll reserve judgement on Stacy until he faces an NFL quality front 7

Why? All people are asking for are your thoughts on how he did today. :lol: :ww:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I saw the difference, back to back on a few series, and Stacy is RB #1 until he gets unseated. To me it's not even a discussion, unless Pead gets a whole game opportunity to shine.