Game 2 vs. SeaChickens

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
FOUR!

The answer is FOUR!

f363ed6e13a8483d80277c8a58047732.png
...:sneaky: Welcome aboard Smartass. Good start.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Quinn worries me . He either has a 3 sack game or spends the whole game running past the QB .
Me too. He seems to have that black power salute down pretty good but during the game he seemed to be half speed to me. Shut down by the niners tackle.

Athos

Legend
I predict a Dick Sherman pick 6.

And that's if Keenum even outs the ball in the air and not almost straight into the ground like 10 times again.

BadCompany

Rookie
Fer freak's sake, start Mannion. You used a high pick on him for a reason, right?? If it's not for situations like this, then when the hell is it?? Either you knew what you were doing when you drafted him, and you're being stubborn jacka**es now by refusing to admit Keenum isn't working out, or you blew a third round pick on a guy that can't even play for one of the worst offenses in the league, if not the worst. Or you were unable to coach him up, and he still isn't ready, despite having over a year to do so.

Any way you look at it, it doesn't look good on you, continuing to sit Mannion, in my opinion. I don't expect the guy to be the next Kurt Warner, but can he be worse?? If he is, then you seriously need to re-think your scouting abilities.

fearsomefour

Legend
How can anyone know that's what's happening? I've heard reporters ask him about his involvement in the offense before, and he's said unequivocally that he doesn't interfere. The only times he does is when it's in very specific down & distance situations. And even then ... he only gives his input. Kinda like Vermeil did with Martz. And then Martz would ignore it. lol. I honestly believe this myth has been perpetuated to ridiculous proportions.
What is not a myth is that Martz was forced on Verneil. The Rams were running an ineffective Vermeil O previously. It was bad. Verneil had the "come to Jesus" with management and was told modernize or go. He was forced to go with someone outside his comfort zone and that was Martz.
In fairness to Vermeil he was able to let go of his control freak nature and really hand over the reigns to Martz.
However if the change was not forced on Vermeil, no Trent Green, no Warner probably no trade for a back that for his O (Faulk) Vermeil fails and is canned and probably replaced by Mike White.
We don't know if the Fisher King is involved with O or not. I will take his word he is not, but, the approach has been consistant and bad and that falls at his feet.

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
Fer freak's sake, start Mannion. You used a high pick on him for a reason, right?? If it's not for situations like this, then when the hell is it?? Either you knew what you were doing when you drafted him, and you're being stubborn jacka**es now by refusing to admit Keenum isn't working out, or you blew a third round pick on a guy that can't even play for one of the worst offenses in the league, if not the worst. Or you were unable to coach him up, and he still isn't ready, despite having over a year to do so.

Any way you look at it, it doesn't look good on you, continuing to sit Mannion, in my opinion. I don't expect the guy to be the next Kurt Warner, but can he be worse?? If he is, then you seriously need to re-think your scouting abilities.

I don't know how Fisher will play this but I wouldn't be surprised if Mannion comes back as #2 this week. If Keenum struggles and the boos start raining down in the stadium he won't have much choice but to pull him. He probably feels better making that move with Mannion coming in instead of Goff. If Goff is dressed I expect a longer leash for Keenum.

If Mannion is dressed I would expect Keenum won't have much room for error.

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
Keenum wasn't great, but the plays that were called were doomed. That is all on the head coach and OC.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
Ill be in attendance. May bust out my "This is some 7 and 9 bullshit" poster if the team starts stinking it up again.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Defense needs to get after Wilson and put the hurt on him early and often. It's our turn to make someone one-dimensional. Tackle, tackle and tackle.
I am hoping to see the Rams "D" on the Field 1st in this game, And have them get the Crowd in the game by pounding them backwards!! maybe even having a Defensive Score to start the game!
The 'Hags O-Line sucks, Wilson is hobbled w/ a bad ankle, and they don't have Lynch! The Rams can redeem themselves in this game!!
I hope our injury list is empty and we get to see Cooper-Spruce and Gaines in there!
And I might put Saffold back in at ROT too!
GO RAMS!!
addon.jpg

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I don't know how Fisher will play this but I wouldn't be surprised if Mannion comes back as #2 this week. If Keenum struggles and the boos start raining down in the stadium he won't have much choice but to pull him. He probably feels better making that move with Mannion coming in instead of Goff. If Goff is dressed I expect a longer leash for Keenum.

If Mannion is dressed I would expect Keenum won't have much room for error.

I think you might well be right...Unless Fisher sticks to his "rotation" at the back-up spot...If that's the case, why even bother having a backup, just dress Keenum and use Hekker as an emergency guy...Would give him a chance to dress an extra player...My point being that if he wouldn't play Mannion last week, he surely won't play Goff...Short of injury, of course...I can't even think about hoping for that scenario to get a change at QB...

Last edited:

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Bummer for me...I see Pitt. and Bengals early, Oakland and 9ers games late...I live too close to the bay area viewing area...

I believe the Rams will settle down as the season goes along. They are the youngest team in the league moving to la-la land Los Angeles. There are going to be a lot of hiccups along the way when you have an incompetent coach (sorry its true) and a rookie quarterback... You guys have a great defense to build around that will only become more experienced. With that said my predictions for the game:

Same as usual for my Hawks, they will not score more than 10 points thru the first 3 quarters and then they will get one more 4th quarter touchdown to win the game 14-10 in a close one. We continue to disappoint on offense even with all of the speed and weapons we have. Either way this game will be a grind for both teams but my Seachickens will ultimately ruin your home opener ;)

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
No way the Rams are this bad.....Rams win 16-9 and the tease continues. win the games we shouldnt and lose the ones we should win.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'm really hoping the Rams are ready to play on Sunday after they got bent over by a bad team last week.

giphy.gif

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Ok - I'm officially over week 1 and on to week 2. The Rams should come into this game ready to play their hearts out. If they are flat for the home opener after the prime time humiliation - it's gonna be a long ass year. But I think they come in and work over the Seahawks 22 - 10.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This game is live on Sky tonight at 9pm our time. Please win.

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Our offense is built around one man and everyone knows it. I don't have much hope for our game plan against this Hawks defense after the Niners game. We are FAR too one dimensional and our QB can't do what Fisher wants. If only we could open it up vertically, Gurley would take off!

"We just need to be in a position where we can keep feeding (Gurley)," Fisher said Thursday. "The two are tied together -- Case makes a good decision, converts a third down, then we get another opportunity to hand the ball off to Todd."

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
4 winning seasons in 26 seasons. Those 4 winning seasons came in a 5 year stretch. To raise your kids to be a Rams fan should be considered child abuse.

Lmao