Game 2 vs. SeaChickens

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Okay, I've given it the 24-hour rule, albeit's been only about 19 hours. Starting to think about this Sunday's game. I know we are disappointed/pissed beyond certain words, but I want to focus on Sunday's game against Seattle. I hope the team, regardless of Fisher's apologetic reasoning, comes out with a sense of urgency and some anger. The only way to wash the bad taste of last night's game out of their mouth is to get back on the field and play. In all honesty, and it's not the "kool-aid" talking, I think we will see a much different team, especially on offense. The one thing I've seen, over the years, is when someone's pride is wounded, they normally come back with something to prove. I think the players know they laid a huge sh*t burger yesterday and their pride won't allow them to do it two games in a row. I really hope they will play with a bit of a chip on their shoulder (no pun intended).

Offense needs to set the tone on their first series and score a touchdown and not settle for a FG or move the ball and eventually punt. They need to be on the field more than the defense and score points. Fisher needs to allow Boras/Groh dial up some deep passes. Austin needs to touch the ball more than 10 times. If memory serves me, when he has at least 10 touches, other than special teams, the Rams win. The O-Line needs to do whatever it takes to give Gurley running lanes and protect our QB allowing him to throw. Lest not forget the receivers need to get open and catch the ball.

Defense needs to get after Wilson and put the hurt on him early and often. It's our turn to make someone one-dimensional. Tackle, tackle and tackle. Limit big plays and momentum changing plays.

Special teams needs to show up and give us some points either by a KOR, punt return, blocked punt, etc. because Lord knows we probably will need them.

Fisher needs to let his coaches coach and players play. Stop holding them back because that's your philosophy. We have enough talent to win. He just needs to stop dictating the tempo.

And for God's sake stop with all the undisciplined play and mind-numbing penalties. Realistically for the Rams to win we need to score at least 24 points. I was not impressed with Seattle's game against Miami, and I think they saw how the loss of Lynch has put more pressure on Wilson to be the focus. So, for sake of your pride, the fans who spend thousands to support you, and anything else you can think of... get a freaking win this weekend!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Fisher needs to let his coaches coach and players play. Stop holding them back because that's your philosophy. We have enough talent to win. He just needs to stop dictating the tempo.
How can anyone know that's what's happening? I've heard reporters ask him about his involvement in the offense before, and he's said unequivocally that he doesn't interfere. The only times he does is when it's in very specific down & distance situations. And even then ... he only gives his input. Kinda like Vermeil did with Martz. And then Martz would ignore it. lol. I honestly believe this myth has been perpetuated to ridiculous proportions.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
How can anyone know that's what's happening? I've heard reporters ask him about his involvement in the offense before, and he's said unequivocally that he doesn't interfere. The only times he does is when it's in very specific down & distance situations. And even then ... he only gives his input. Kinda like Vermeil did with Martz. And then Martz would ignore it. lol. I honestly believe this myth has been perpetuated to ridiculous proportions.
Knowing most head coaches are control freaks to begin with, I think he has more input about final game plans, etc. than he lets on publicly. If I had to choose between Boras and Williams, I feel he gives Williams more leeway. But that's my opinion as is everything I stated initially. :D

Last edited:

FRO

Legend
Fisher has done a poor job, but this roster isn't as talented as some are making it out to be. To me that's the real sad part. Not much depth and no draft picks to make up for it in the offseason.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Fisher has done a poor job, but this roster isn't as talented as some are making it out to be. To me that's the real sad part. Not much depth and no draft picks to make up for it in the offseason.

Well, I believe we have some talent, just not at QB or WR, we also need coaches who know how to use what we do have. Teams are going to continue stacking the box until Keenum recognizes and hits receivers in single coverage. When a defense applies all their resources to stopping Austin & Gurley, if you don't want to keep playing into the oppositions hands, then find an alternative. This was the most predictable offensive gameplan i've ever witnessed. Keenum looked either frightened or apathetic out their, and his answer was several of these horizontal throws which made it appear he had a higher percentage of receptions than his actual 17 out of 35. And these went no-where. Several of his passes were either behind the receiver or yards off, he really needs to go back to holding the clipboard. If we want Goff to not only start, but to actually succeed, we better find him a go-to receiver or two, someone with hands. Once we prove we can consistently go vertical, Gurley will take off. The Rams are just one piece away imo, ... once Goff is starting. jmo.

Ramfansince79

Rookie
Name
Ramsfan79
I know hindsight is always 20/20, but I was worried on our first offensive series--absoulutely zero enthusiasim. Nobody seemed hyped up at all.

FRO

Legend
Well, I believe we have some talent, just not at QB or WR, we also need coaches who know how to use what we do have. Teams are going to continue stacking the box until Keenum recognizes and hits receivers in single coverage. When a defense applies all their resources to stopping Austin & Gurley, if you don't want to keep playing into the oppositions hands, then find an alternative. This was the most predictable offensive gameplan i've ever witnessed. Keenum looked either frightened or apathetic out their, and his answer was several of these horizontal throws which made it appear he had a higher percentage of receptions than his actual 17 out of 35. And these went no-where. Several of his passes were either behind the receiver or yards off, he really needs to go back to holding the clipboard. If we want Goff to not only start, but to actually succeed, we better find him a go-to receiver or two, someone with hands. Once we prove we can consistently go vertical, Gurley will take off. The Rams are just one piece away imo, ... once Goff is starting. jmo.
Very poor WR corps, which the Rams should be used to. Very little depth on defense and a weak secondary. No size at LB.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

Agreed. I think people have it backwards.

His problem is he doesn't hire well, and then places his full trust in them. Schotty Jr's history with the Jets was well founded, and he still decided to buy into the hoopla around the league on the guy and assume he could do the job. He let Schotty "open up" the offense that year and only stepped in when it was a complete catastrophe. Then he hired and fired Cigs, who was worse than Schotty. Then he hired and might have to fire Boras if he gameplans and calls another game like we just saw.

And it's not like Fish has a good feel for coaches on defense either. Just in his time here he is 1 for 2, with a sorry hire of Walton based on the input of one of his former assistants.

A guy like Fish who has as much tenure as he has should have a massive coaching tree. But he doesn't. Because the dude cannot hire well to save his life. I honestly think that plus being too standoff with his offense is his problem. If you're gonna be that way, hire a Norv Turner or Mike Martz type OC who will take charge and run their show.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
A guy like Fish who has as much tenure as he has should have a massive coaching tree. But he doesn't. Because the dude cannot hire well to save his life. I honestly think that plus being too standoff with his offense is his problem. If you're gonna be that way, hire a Norv Turner or Mike Martz type OC who will take charge and run their show.
Yeah. If I have one criticism, there's a little too much nepotism involved in these hirings.
I realize that goes on across the league, but there's a little too much carry-over here.

Ajb44

Rookie
Name
Alex
When are spruce gaines and Cooper coming back do we know? Gaines specifically cuz I can't watch Coty anymore

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You are exactly right . I see 3 above average players in TG , Ogletree, and Donald . That's it

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
You are exactly right . I see 3 above average players in TG , Ogletree, and Donald . That's it
And Quinn and Austin and McDonald, and T.J. and Hekker and basically the entire specials teams.

FRO

Legend
I think Brockers, Quinn, Johnson, and McDonald are good players. Outside of that I would put everybody else as mediocre or below average, and in some cases downright bad.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
They had ten days to get ready for the 9ers...they have six days to get ready for the Seahawks

FRO

Legend
They had ten days to get ready for the 9ers...they have six days to get ready for the Seahawks
No they had all offseason to put a gameplan together. They couldn't design an offense that could come close to scoring.

FOUR!

The answer is FOUR!

f363ed6e13a8483d80277c8a58047732.png