Gamblers Corner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
DegenR(g)ambler said:
Early week 1 plays:

452 Denver -9
482 SD +3'

May have more later in the week.

Okay; I do play sports bets. It's legal here in Canada as part of the lottery system

How do I read your "week 1 plays"?

Are you saying take Denver -9 and San Diego +3?

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
CGI_Ram said:
DegenR(g)ambler said:
Early week 1 plays:

452 Denver -9
482 SD +3'

Okay; I do play sports bets. It's legal here in Canada as part of the lottery system

I was going to ask the same thing. :cool:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
CGI_Ram said:
DegenR(g)ambler said:
Early week 1 plays:

452 Denver -9
482 SD +3'

yes cgi. actually sd is @ 3.5. or at least they were last night. that is what the ' means next to the three.

one reason i like the sd game is because i always take the home under dog in primetime games.

also, as an fyi...the rams line has gone down from 6' or 7 earlier in the week to 4' as of last night. this means taht a lot of money is being bet on arizona in wk 1.

Dagonet said:
CGI_Ram said:
DegenR(g)ambler said:
Early week 1 plays:

452 Denver -9
482 SD +3'

I was going to ask the same thing. :cool:

sorry, see previous post in reply to cgi.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Have you noticed a trend with regards to east coast teams that travel to the west coast for 1 pm games? The times I do bet I tend to zero in on those, particularly if the traveling team is favored and it's a non-conference game. It's almost always a winner.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
DegenR(g)ambler said:
...the rams line has gone down from 6' or 7 earlier in the week to 4' as of last night. this means taht a lot of money is being bet on arizona in wk 1.

Thanks!

So when you see something like this happening; is it a good bet to take STL?

X said:
Have you noticed a trend with regards to east coast teams that travel to the west coast for 1 pm games? The times I do bet I tend to zero in on those, particularly if the traveling team is favored and it's a non-conference game. It's almost always a winner.

travel is definitely a factor in the nfl, but i tend to look more into the other angle you mentioned, conf or non conf games, look ahead weeks, bye weeks etc. also in regards to travel, typically it is worse when a west coast team goes east for a 1 pm est game. ie the west coast team is playing at 10 am pst. thats pretty early esp if a couple of key players get out whoring around the night before! this type of travel schedule doesnt happen very often throughout the season but when it does it is normally a good bet. of course, nothing is guaranteed!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
DegenR(g)ambler said:
also in regards to travel, typically it is worse when a west coast team goes east for a 1 pm est game. ie the west coast team is playing at 10 am pst.
I read that a few times, and it still doesn't add up. :lol: The east coast team is the victim during that kind of travel because of the jet lag and the earlier start. Fisher tends to leave a day earlier for games in which there's a negative time difference, and I think that's pretty smart. I can't understand why every team doesn't do something like that. And what's with the mysterious amount of stomach related "illnesses" that show up when a traveling team lodges in a visiting team's hotel. lol. Some shady cooks out there.

CGI_Ram said:
DegenR(g)ambler said:
...the rams line has gone down from 6' or 7 earlier in the week to 4' as of last night. this means taht a lot of money is being bet on arizona in wk 1.

Thanks!

yes, if you like st louis this week, now is the time to take them. i dont see the line going down anymore than what it has already. i would like it to be down around 3 before i took them personally. but giving 4' is definitely better than 7.

another thing on this note...key numbers in the nfl. i hope i dont sound like im contradicting myself by making the following statement with regards to the 4' vs 7 numbers mentioned above. normally key numbers in the nfl are 2', 3, 3', 6', 7, 7', 10 and 10'. what this means is that more times than not, nfl games are decided by these "key" numbers. keep in mind when you are betting that if you like the favorite, it is better to be giving only 2' or 6' vs giving 3, 3', 7, or 7'.

therefore with the rams this week, the 4' (not being a key number) is obviously, still better than being 7.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
DegenR(g)ambler said:
CGI_Ram said:
DegenR(g)ambler said:

Thanks!

yes, if you like st louis this week, now is the time to take them. i dont see the line going down anymore than what it has already. i would like it to be down around 3 before i took them personally. but giving 4' is definitely better than 7.

another thing on this note...key numbers in the nfl. i hope i dont sound like im contradicting myself by making the following statement with regards to the 4' vs 7 numbers mentioned above. normally key numbers in the nfl are 2', 3, 3', 6', 7, 7', 10 and 10'. what this means is that more times than not, nfl games are decided by these "key" numbers. keep in mind when you are betting that if you like the favorite, it is better to be giving only 2' or 6' vs giving 3, 3', 7, or 7'.

therefore with the rams this week, the 4' (not being a key number) is obviously, still better than being 7.
Is it just me, or do you two need to hook up on a weekly RODcast with the subject line as the show title?

I mean, c'mon. It's right there in front of ya. :ww:

X said:
DegenR(g)ambler said:
also in regards to travel, typically it is worse when a west coast team goes east for a 1 pm est game. ie the west coast team is playing at 10 am pst.
I read that a few times, and it still doesn't add up. :lol: The east coast team is the victim during that kind of travel because of the jet lag and the earlier start. Fisher tends to leave a day earlier for games in which there's a negative time difference, and I think that's pretty smart. I can't understand why every team doesn't do something like that. And what's with the mysterious amount of stomach related "illnesses" that show up when a traveling team lodges in a visiting team's hotel. lol. Some shady cooks out there.

i could possibly see a time zone advantage for a west coast team for primetime games, but not for 1 pm est games. primetime games start, normally, at 830 est/530 pst. i would definitely give the advantage to them in this situation if it is a home game.

X said:
DegenR(g)ambler said:
CGI_Ram said:
DegenR(g)ambler said:

Thanks!

Is it just me, or do you two need to hook up on a weekly RODcast with the subject line as the show title?

I mean, c'mon. It's right there in front of ya. :ww:

you do realize im likely to have the worst year of my life since im going to post a few of my bets right?!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Here's the current lines on the lottery system here;

i see that sd is only getting 2' at this book. i would not play that if i were you. remember the key number discussion earlier.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
DegenR(g)ambler said:
CGI_Ram said:
DegenR(g)ambler said:
Early week 1 plays:

452 Denver -9
482 SD +3'

yes cgi. actually sd is @ 3.5. or at least they were last night. that is what the ' means next to the three.

one reason i like the sd game is because i always take the home under dog in primetime games.

also, as an fyi...the rams line has gone down from 6' or 7 earlier in the week to 4' as of last night. this means taht a lot of money is being bet on arizona in wk 1.

Why do you think so much money is being bet on Arizona? I don't get the attraction to the Cards in this game.

max said:
DegenR(g)ambler said:
CGI_Ram said:
DegenR(g)ambler said:
Early week 1 plays:

452 Denver -9
482 SD +3'

Why do you think so much money is being bet on Arizona? I don't get the attraction to the Cards in this game.

i guess i could only contribute it to our preseason play and the expectations (there's that word again) that were placed on the rams offense. i didnt see much of ari during the preseason, hell i could barely watch our team! im thinking abt taking stl at this number though. at one time the betting public was nearly 70% leaning to the ari side, presumably when the line was 7 and causing the 2' pt move. as of this morning it has leveled off at abt 54% still on ari with them getting 4' pts. thats why i mentioned earlier that i dont see it going much lower than that. we'll have to see what the rest of the week brings.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I'll take the Giants +2.5 against Dallas.

And no way I'm betting Denver -9.5, not against the Ravens.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I kind of like;

Houston, St. Louis, and Seattle.