Gaines pulls up lame again.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
The questions on the Rams top five CB's .......EJ Gaines if he will return to pass form & continuing nagging injuries since. The Lamarcus Joyner SHORTfalls. Starter Trumaine Johnson's & Marcus Roberson's pending UFA'cy in 6 months. New CB addition Coty Sensabaugh poor initial showing..... continue to cause some concern.

Most likely will give youth like UDFA Jabriel Washington & WWC Troy Hill some good opportunities to make this team. I would say its a very good chance that SIX [6] CB's will be stocked on the 53 player roster with only 4 safeties. Lets hope the Rams can find an outside pass rush to go with what we have inside so we can help this new secondary out.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
He doesn't move well... I'm not surprised....I still hear he's gonna suit up and play. We shall see....I'm ready for more Troy Hill & Roberson anyway. Sensabaugh & Joyner...they'll start, then Tro & Roberson should come in...2nd quarter at the latest.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
People have been hyping Gaines up WAY too much. Dude had a decent rookie year and then missed a year. There's no guarantee he is even the 2nd best CB on this team. I hope he's okay obviously, but given my opinion on him, I definitely don't think the season is lost if he gets hurt again.

biggame1190

Starter
Name
CB
I dont think he re-injured himself. I think the tweet was just a question about Gaines for this Saturday. Like hes nervous to get back in real action. Ive searched everywhere and there are no links anywhere saying he was hurt again. That ESPN link posted on here does not go to any source. Just to ESPN.com

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
LF injuries take a long time to recover from. My guess is he compensating for his foot and causing muscle imbalance that leads to injury.

Just got back from camping and this is the first thing I read...damn

kmramsfan

Old School Ram Fan
Name
Keith
DL is going to have their work cut out for them if we do not get healthy in our secondary. Sheesh. I really want to see more of Hill at CB personally. He looked like a gamer from what I saw. Need to see more Roberson as well. We may be OK if those guys are far enough along.
His play reminded me of Pat Thomas. Aggressive, sure tackling.......at least for one game.

Bruce2980

Starter
"Early in Isaac Bruuuce career he had a hamstring injury, I thought would never heal.In the end it might have been the best thing for him.He learned how to take care of his body."

That was Dick Vermeil that almost ended Isaac Bruce's career. Bruce had to get a personal trainer to recover from the hamstring issues. Vermeil ran Bruce into the dirt during practices, because Bruce was giving all he had on every sprint. It was awhile ago but I was pretty pissed that a coach couldn't see what was happening and a pro trainer had to clue him in. Bruce and his trainer determined the physical conditioning from that point on as Vermeil was told to lay off. Sounds to me like EJ needs to get a hold of Bruce's trainer to get back into shape slowly. EJ is trying to get there too fast IMHO.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
After watching starting CB's Coty Sensabaugh & Lamarcus Joyner struggle in the first two pre season games it was very satisfying to see EJ Gaines back out on the field last night playing much like his old self. I did not see the chunks of rust failing off him as described by many observers previously in camp. Its sure looks like it will be EJ & Tru (baring no more injuries) starting on the outside when the regular season begins.

The very poor play of the first two mentioned corners might provide young corners Troy Hill & Marcus Roberson an opportunity to move up & push for more playing time. I know I am in the Troy Hill fan club camp now!

Bruce2980

Starter
Joyner was in great position to watch the Chefs score a touchdown against him, best seat in the house I'd say. Oh was he supposed to stop that from happening?