Gaines pulls up lame again.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0558111697626208441-4
Alden Gonzalez ESPN Staff Writer

espn_generic_m.jpg

Rams DB EJ Gaines, who spent all of 2015 recovering from foot surgery and was just working his way back from a hamstring injury, pulled up lame on a drill and was being followed by a trainer.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Good grief man... What we need to know is whether it was something like a hammy or his foot again. Fish and his secrecy lol.

TXRams86

The Infamous
Is it only me or does anyone else get bothered by Fisher's vague answers? I mean I know he's not gonna give a full medical explanation about injuries but he always downplays their extent unless he absolutely can't hide it, like an ACL tear or something.

Sometimes I think we're cursed with freak injuries. Get stepped on? Lis franc injury. Foot get stuck in the grass? ACL torn.

Old Rock

Rookie
Name
Rock
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Is it only me or does anyone else get bothered by Fisher's vague answers? I mean I know he's not gonna give a full medical explanation about injuries but he always downplays their extent unless he absolutely can't hide it, like an ACL tear or something.

Sometimes I think we're cursed with freak injuries. Get stepped on? Lis franc injury. Foot get stuck in the grass? ACL torn.
Smokescreens. Don't let the enemy know your weakness. Desperation drives the price up.

Old Rock

Rookie
Name
Rock
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Oh crap! Kroenke is getting to me. Being from MO, glad you guys get to see the rebirth of the RAMS. :yay::yess:

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
If he's seriously hurt and misses lots of games, then the loss of Jenkins and Mcleod is really gonna hurt us.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
DL is going to have their work cut out for them if we do not get healthy in our secondary. Sheesh. I really want to see more of Hill at CB personally. He looked like a gamer from what I saw. Need to see more Roberson as well. We may be OK if those guys are far enough along.

Psycho_X

Legend
Man, with a hammy something like that can nag for a whole season. I was actually surprised they were bringing him back already. Hopefully it was just muscles getting back into the groove with some fatigue and he'll recover quickly.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Its difficult. These are very common complaints when coming back from an injury of such a long duration. His muscles will have atrophied and when trying to sprint, its likely that one leg (the injured one) will have to exert more force than the uninjured one to get up to speed because its muscle is weaker - it may not bear this strain. The only thing to do is keep strengthening, loosing and properly warming it up and rehabbing it. Just takes time.

Will he come back the same player? Difficult to tell. Even if he does - his ceiling is likely a bit lower because hes missed so much development time and experience at a time when it would have been really effective cognitively and for his confidence.

Bring him back slowly.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
If he's seriously hurt and misses lots of games, then the loss of Jenkins and Mcleod is really gonna hurt us.

That is a silly answer , question .
The Rams are paying Tru $12 million.
--- At what price do you keep Rodney $30 plus million & Jenkins $65 million.

Snisher messed up on Rodney the season before .They had the rights as a restricted FA. They could have locked him up for half that price. They also could have signed Jenkins for $20 million less than Giants.

--EJ will be alright.The Rams have good depth though.

Troy Hill has been playing very well.Roberson is solid, & Coty is getting better in GW system.

Mo Alexander was not on the field yesterday at practice again.

EJ was just nursing himself while trying to get reps in. You could see he was not trusting his body.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Man, with a hammy something like that can nag for a whole season. I was actually surprised they were bringing him back already. Hopefully it was just muscles getting back into the groove with some fatigue and he'll recover quickly.

Early in Isaac Bruuuce career he had a hamstring injury, I thought would never heal.In the end it might have been the best thing for him.He learned how to take care of his body.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Its difficult. These are very common complaints when coming back from an injury of such a long duration. His muscles will have atrophied and when trying to sprint, its likely that one leg (the injured one) will have to exert more force than the uninjured one to get up to speed because its muscle is weaker - it may not bear this strain. The only thing to do is keep strengthening, loosing and properly warming it up and rehabbing it. Just takes time.

Will he come back the same player? Difficult to tell. Even if he does - his ceiling is likely a bit lower because hes missed so much development time and experience at a time when it would have been really effective cognitively and for his confidence.

Bring him back slowly.

The fact they had him doing live Reps was cool to here the report.He was away from the stands playing 2-3 team squad. Real ginger on it. He was able to back pedal , but gave a huge cushion.I think playing him against KC is 50/50 ?

Mo Alexander was out again.GW said he has learned to take care of his body.He says massage is a big deal.Wonder if Mo Alexander plays Saturday ??