G.Robinson's PFF numbers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
In 26 starts for the Rams, Jason Smith gave up 8.5 sacks and committed two holding penalties.
In same amount of games Greg Robinson gave up 10 sacks committed 21 penalties (13 holds)
These stats do not include this year.So far this year after four games
he has allowed 2 sacks and flagged for 3 holding calls.His rating in P.F.F. is worse this year than at any point
of his career.2014: 41.3 .............2015: 35.9............2016: 35.4

Why do we continue to start one of the worst Olineman in the league?Would much rather start Saffold at LT and let Brown or who ever is the next best guard line up at left guard.Also think that with the amount of
actual practice allowed under CBA the Rams may have benefited from following their own lead.If you're
going to bring in Singletary to mentor Ogletree,why not bring in LeCharles Bentley to do the same for Robinson.

tavian

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Misleading title is misleading.
Feel free to change it to Robinson Blows or whatever.lol
I am not sure how to edit title

Q729

Legend
Another factoid [edit: to brighten your day]: Rams are 3-1 and atop the NFCW.

Last edited:

TexasRam

Legend
Blasphemy!!

According to some great sources on this board Robinson is "really improved"!

(y):):rimshot:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
*Title changed to reflect content

200w.gif

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
One thing I will say that's weird though is that his run blocking has scaled down with the rest of the players. Robinson came out of the draft with excellent run-blocking tangibles, surprised we haven't had some runs off-tackle to the left. I'm sure he would've open huge lanes for Gurley

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Robinson had a bad game, but generally seems to me to be better this year if that game were removed. I realize that's not how it works, but just an observation.

Do I wish he were more dominant? Sure.

Is he my biggest concern? Nope.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
PFF hates on pretty much the whole team. So who cares?

I drink not the haterade.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Eye test only Keenum has had plenty of time to throw IMO. The line has been far superior pass blocking, but the run game not so much. There have been a couple plays this year where keenum should have thrown it away and not taken a sack and thats not on the line. Yes G-Rob has made mistakes, but he is definitely improving and those mistakes are becoming less frequent

Curt760

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Curt760
Okay for what 2 years now I've been hoping GRob just needed time and I thought he finally got it. During the summer from what I heard and saw during training camp he looked good. I didn't agree with a lot of posters up to now but when I re-watched the games this past Sunday against the Cardinals I was really disappointed. Yes he is a beast on run blocking but he seems to be chasing little lbers or dbs'. On pass blocking he back pedals too much. He almost back pedals to QB. You back pedal to get a better angle at quick or fast edge rushers who are lined up wide but eventually you need to establish contact and he isn't doing that until much too late. When he has a DE lined up in front of him and they cut inside he is way too late and allows penetration. Is it coaching or just fear?
GRob isn't the only problem through. On Gurley runs it always seem like there's a huge push by the defense up the middle almost right to him not giving him much of a chance.
Okay it's nice in San Diego north county and I think the rum is setting in I hope I made some sense.

tavian

C'mon guys lets be fans not haters for a ew weeks...

Here's what I don't get .How is having a honest discussion about this team considered
hating?Aint nobody mad,just stating the facts.This a weakness on our team.
Now if you want go have a conversation about Unicorns and Rainbows maybe your
on the wrong site.But this is a part of our team that has to improve and this place the last time I checked is a
Forum.A forum is a place where people gather to discuss topics.
Do yourself a favor and google what "hater" means and quit throwing it around like spare change,
just because the topic is not to your pleasing.

Last edited:

tavian

PFF hates on pretty much the whole team. So who cares?

I drink not the haterade.
Not really.They just collect stats.If that's hating,you're misinformed.