G Cody Wichmann passed physical

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Limey

Rookie
Great news, I have high hopes for this guy. Hopefully he gets a shot at LG soon.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Great news, I have high hopes for this guy. Hopefully he gets a shot at LG soon.

Very doubtful. After missing all of training camp and half the preseason games, they will get some work in for him, and if he looks at all promising he'll get put on the practice squad, and maybe be promoted after an injury. He's too far behind to have any realistic chance at making the team at the beginning of the season. There are already too many drafted OL in camp, especially with the Rams getting Battle in the supplemental draft.

iced

Very doubtful. After missing all of training camp and half the preseason games, they will get some work in for him, and if he looks at all promising he'll get put on the practice squad, and maybe be promoted after an injury. He's too far behind to have any realistic chance at making the team at the beginning of the season. There are already too many drafted OL in camp, especially with the Rams getting Battle in the supplemental draft.

With Brandon Washington as Guard depth, I think anything is possible with Wichmann

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
Good we can never have to many young olinemen,sooner or later he'll get his shot so he better be ready.

Big Willie

Starter
Lots of good news, but I think Fish is just overly cautious and doesn't want to leave a player's best game on the practice field or preseason game. I think Quick could have played in preseason games 1 &2. Gurley should have been ready for regular season game 1...playing game 4 of the preseason. With so many preseason injuries to stars, it's hard to argue with him...except we always start slow.

jjab360

Legend
With Brandon Washington as Guard depth, I think anything is possible with Wichmann
I think the reason we've been seeing things like BWash starting over Reynolds and Westbrooks over Fairley is because those are the guys who are right at the the edge of the 53. Reynolds and Fairley are locks to make the team, I think Fisher wants the longest look possible to see if those guys are worth a roster spot.

In Washington's case, I think the answer is pretty obvious...

Limey

Rookie

I hope he still has time to make the 53. He was there for the rookie minicamp, and on the sidelines for the camp, so he should have the playbook as much as the other rookies, certainly as much as Battle. As a drafted rookie, he may get picked up by another team if he hits the PS. I prefer Wichman and Battle to Washington and Donnal.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Good for Wichmann.

And also good for Ferguson. I really think that they like him since they put him on IR instead of just waiving him. He was my dark horse this year, and I'm hoping he can be a dark horse next year as well.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
@jjab360

agree with all that/\ you've said...

Great NEWS!!!!!! Watch the west coast monster Wichmann go to work...Great news about Brockers & Saff too...

I never new Westbrooks had to prove he could play tackle to make the team...Washington shoulda been cut already...

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I hope he still has time to make the 53. ....... I prefer Wichman and Battle to Washington and Donnal.
I'm sure he has some time...you watched the whole game, yes? Wonder why you don't like Donnall?

iced

I think the reason we've been seeing things like BWash starting over Reynolds and Westbrooks over Fairley is because those are the guys who are right at the the edge of the 53. Reynolds and Fairley are locks to make the team, I think Fisher wants the longest look possible to see if those guys are worth a roster spot.

In Washington's case, I think the answer is pretty obvious...

I believe that may be the case for westbrooks, but not so much Washington...he's done something season after season to keep a roster spot - whatever it is i don't see it

Limey

Rookie
I'm sure he has some time...you watched the whole game, yes? Wonder why you don't like Donnall?

Haven't seen the Titans game. Was pleased with the pick initially, but thought he looked weak. Maybe they have got him beefed up now.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Cody Wichmann instead of Brandon Washington?
1533.gif

jjab360

Legend
I believe that may be the case for westbrooks, but not so much Washington...he's done something season after season to keep a roster spot - whatever it is i don't see it
Washington has never made the 53 man roster heading into the season, always a PS player then activated from the PS after injuries.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Was pleased with the pick initially, but thought he looked weak. Maybe they have got him beefed up now.
Doesn't look as lost as last week....The o-line in the second half looked like they had a clue...or....Tenn. backups are garbage like I already suspected...

iced

Washington has never made the 53 man roster heading into the season, always a PS player then activated from the PS after injuries.

Ah gotcha - for some reason i was thinking he survived the cuts

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
And what if Gurley really impresses during 11 on 11. Could he be active for game 1?
I know we keep saying slow and easy but you don't keep secretariat in the stable :D

Limey

Rookie
Doesn't look as lost as last week....The o-line in the second half looked like they had a clue...or....Tenn. backups are garbage like I already suspected...
Good to hear that it sounds like our young OL are getting it. All the more reason why I don't want them to pay Mathis or keep Washington.