Further Incentive For SF Game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
-Don't finish 32nd in Total Offense!

31. SF 4402
32. Rams 4399

3yards! (Really the difference in Keenum kneel downs over the last 3 weeks) I know it is just symbolic, but I would hate to finish 32nd to the Whiners because Gabbert throws a bunch of wild yards in the 4th quarter.

It happened with Wilson this past week. Again, I will take the wins over the sometimes distorted statistics (yards, TOP, First Downs) but it seems like we have lost those statistic battles every game this year. It would be nice not to finish 32nd in Offense.

By the way, before any of you say, "yeah but if we finish 32nd that will force the Rams to really do something drastic with this offense finally!" I think the point is clear regardless.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Does it really matter being 31st or 32nd? It's crappy either way you look at it. Only incentive they need is it's the damn Niners! Crush everything that's Red and Gold on the way to the QB.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Agreed. I think Gabbert will be on his back / butt a lot in this game. He'll be lucky to make it out of the game.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
I was hoping to pull up a cool stat showing how meaningless Yds/G is because it didn't consider the pace of the game. A better stat, imho, is yardage differential, the difference between yds/G on O minus yds/G on D. Problem is, that stat sucks for the Rams too, 2nd worst in the league so I'm still depressed. But at least we're ahead of the WHINERS and I can take solace in that.

Team Yds DIFF
Arizona Cardinals 100.6
Seattle Seahawks 84.4
Denver Broncos 64.8
New York Jets 54.8
New England Patriots 53.4
Carolina Panthers 48.3
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 36.5
Houston Texans 27.6
Atlanta Falcons 26.6
Pittsburgh Steelers 26.5
San Diego Chargers 23
Cincinnati Bengals 21.6
Baltimore Ravens 20.4
Buffalo Bills 5.2
Chicago Bears -0.4
Detroit Lions -3.6
Kansas City Chiefs -6.9
New Orleans Saints -8.7
Jacksonville Jaguars -15.5
Minnesota Vikings -17.3
Dallas Cowboys -18.9
Green Bay Packers -20.2
Oakland Raiders -23.2
Washington Redskins -23.6
Tennessee Titans -26.1
Philadelphia Eagles -35.2
Cleveland Browns -42.7
New York Giants -55.7
Miami Dolphins -63.6
Indianapolis Colts -68
St. Louis Rams -68.6
San Francisco 49ers -95.5

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
-Don't finish 32nd in Total Offense!

31. SF 4402
32. Rams 4399

3yards! (Really the difference in Keenum kneel downs over the last 3 weeks) I know it is just symbolic, but I would hate to finish 32nd to the Whiners because Gabbert throws a bunch of wild yards in the 4th quarter.

It happened with Wilson this past week. Again, I will take the wins over the sometimes distorted statistics (yards, TOP, First Downs) but it seems like we have lost those statistic battles every game this year. It would be nice not to finish 32nd in Offense.

By the way, before any of you say, "yeah but if we finish 32nd that will force the Rams to really do something drastic with this offense finally!" I think the point is clear regardless.
This^ sounds like a really good reason to run-up the score and yards for 60 minutes come Sunday, and pound them into the ground!
default_chainsaw.gif

Dancing Ape.gif

Rams Win 52 - 0 !! Gurrrrley rushes for 200+ Yards and 2 TD's!
Tavon scores rushing, receiving, and on a return!! and then .... there's what the "D" is going to do!!

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Does it really matter being 31st or 32nd? It's crappy either way you look at it. Only incentive they need is it's the damn Niners! Crush everything that's Red and Gold on the way to the QB.

I think it is a matter of pride. I did note the obvious that the win matters most but we have to show progress going into next year on offense.

Another reason to win: get our record to .500 AND our all time record against the whiners to .500 (65-64-3)

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
The difference between 32 and 31 ranked offence is pride that we were not last and we did put SF in last place.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Just beat the crap out of them. That's the only "stat" I care about. Their players throttled every time they touch or attempt to touch the football. Gurley running over and through some of their LBs and DBs. GRob and RHav pancaking their asses. I just want to see a total ass kicking of that putrid wine and tarnish.

TexasRam

Legend
Goff about to announce he's entering NFL draft.

I'm fine with sending picks for him. As long as we can make a move in free agency for a WR and a LT.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I think we absolutely destroy them. Last game of the season. Nothing to play for. Bring out all the stocks. Blitz on every play. Flee Flicker on the first play. WR passes, maybe Gurley throws one. Just be super creative and blow these fuckers out.

BeachRam78

Rookie
Name
john
I think we absolutely destroy them. Last game of the season. Nothing to play for. Bring out all the stocks. Blitz on every play. Flee Flicker on the first play. WR passes, maybe Gurley throws one. Just be super creative and blow these fuckers out.
I want to see 600 yards of offense and beat them by at least 3 scores. I don't want to finish the year in last place for total yards.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I was hoping to pull up a cool stat showing how meaningless Yds/G is because it didn't consider the pace of the game. A better stat, imho, is yardage differential, the difference between yds/G on O minus yds/G on D. Problem is, that stat sucks for the Rams too, 2nd worst in the league so I'm still depressed. But at least we're ahead of the WHINERS and I can take solace in that.

Team Yds DIFF
Arizona Cardinals 100.6
Seattle Seahawks 84.4
Denver Broncos 64.8
New York Jets 54.8
New England Patriots 53.4
Carolina Panthers 48.3
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 36.5
Houston Texans 27.6
Atlanta Falcons 26.6
Pittsburgh Steelers 26.5
San Diego Chargers 23
Cincinnati Bengals 21.6
Baltimore Ravens 20.4
Buffalo Bills 5.2
Chicago Bears -0.4
Detroit Lions -3.6
Kansas City Chiefs -6.9
New Orleans Saints -8.7
Jacksonville Jaguars -15.5
Minnesota Vikings -17.3
Dallas Cowboys -18.9
Green Bay Packers -20.2
Oakland Raiders -23.2
Washington Redskins -23.6
Tennessee Titans -26.1
Philadelphia Eagles -35.2
Cleveland Browns -42.7
New York Giants -55.7
Miami Dolphins -63.6
Indianapolis Colts -68
St. Louis Rams -68.6
San Francisco 49ers -95.5

That isn't how the Rams play defense. They aren't about limiting yards at all. They just limit points.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
That isn't how the Rams play defense. They aren't about limiting yards at all. They just limit points.

I was about to write the same thing after reading @junkman 's cool stats. It just doesn't work with our defensive philosophy.