Funny how online "expert" selection could work out (jrry32 will like this)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stel

Starter
Looking at cbssports updated prospect rankings of 12/30/15. For each of our currently slotted draft picks (according to nfl.com) you take the prospect at the corresponding ranking by cbs, our first three rounds picks would be:

18. QB Connor Cook
42. OLB Su'a Cravens
48. WR Pharoh Cooper
79. C/OG Max Tuerk

Not necessarily my picks, but I wouldn't complain too much. [except about the QB choice, jrry] :sneaky:

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Why Cravens when we have Ogletree, Alexander, and the ability to sign Barron?
The middle lb from Florida, Davis yes, or any of the other athletic inside guys, Cravens would be a foolish pick being as that position is our strength. I don't know.,.
Will keep an eye out for Pharaoh (killer name) but id like to see us go WR in the first

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yep, I like Cook. You'll like him too, Stel, when he leads us to the playoffs if we draft him. ;)

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I just don't like Cook's streakiness. Maybe if he had more weapons that wouldn't be the case, but he really runs hot and cold.

Athos

Legend
Eli runs wildly hot and cold, but I'll take a QB that can win you a SB or two when he's hot.

Especially if you can get him a vertical threat.

Stel

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
OLB isn't a need.

MLB is the need. Good with everything else though.

Keep in mind that these selections were not made by me or anyone else, it is just the players who appear at the number of our current draft slots in cbssports rankings.

However, there are a number of fans who want to cut Laurinaitis move Ogletree to MLB. Not something I've advocated, but Ogletree is the same size as JL, more athletic, faster, has longer arms, is better in coverage and hits harder, so I can understand their position. Such a move would make a guy like Cravens make sense. Again, not what I'm advocating.

Stel

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yep, I like Cook. You'll like him too, Stel, when he leads us to the playoffs if we draft him. ;)

I don't think he'll ever be my first choice but I won't complain (too much) if we take him. I agree he could be an Eli Manning type who can get streaky and win but I also think he'll have bad streaks and cost you games. If you force me to take a QB in the first, he would still be my 4th choice.

Athos

Legend
However, there are a number of fans who want to cut Laurinaitis move Ogletree to MLB. Not something I've advocated, but Ogletree is the same size as JL, more athletic, faster, has longer arms, is better in coverage and hits harder, so I can understand their position. Such a move would make a guy like Cravens make sense. Again, not what I'm advocating.

Valid points, but MLB is as much about the football smarts as the athleticism. I'm fine keeping JL55, preferably with a cut, just to help mentor a young guy. Maybe that's Longacre? Maybe a draft pick.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think he'll ever be my first choice but I won't complain (too much) if we take him. I agree he could be an Eli Manning type who can get streaky and win but I also think he'll have bad streaks and cost you games. If you force me to take a QB in the first, he would still be my 4th choice.

Fair point. If Wentz has a strong Senior Bowl, I'm in the same boat. There's enough for me to be concerned about but enough for me to believe he won't be a total bust.