Funny Don Coryell Story by Fred Dryer

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Thanks for posting this, Stranger! Always admired Don Coryell for his dedication and innovation to the game! He knew how to game plan like few others! Wish the Rams had that kind of mind calling the offense!

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for posting this, Stranger! Always admired Don Coryell for his dedication and innovation to the game! He knew how to game plan like few others! Wish the Rams had that kind of mind calling the offense!
Well, we had Martz and Zampese during different times (both disciples of Cortell's system), and we were wildly successful with both.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I didn't know Coryell was the inventor of the I-formation?

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
I didn't know Coryell was the inventor of the I-formation?

Me neither! I just remember his offensive teams were terrific! Too bad his defensive teams couldn't be on the same level! Probably would have won multiple championships.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Was there a room with more coaching talent?

Don Coryell, Joe Gibbs, Sid Hall, John Madden, Ernie Zampese...just...WOW!

I agree with Madden that Coryell should be in the HoF if he isn't by now...freakin' travesty...

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I admit to watching all the videos... they were fascinating.

kmramsfan

Old School Ram Fan
Name
Keith
Me neither! I just remember his offensive teams were terrific! Too bad his defensive teams couldn't be on the same level! Probably would have won multiple championships.

I remember Don Coryell pacing up and down the sidelines like a mad man on TV during the game. The look in his eyes was pure intensity.

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
LOL! Madden telling about Coryell driving his garbage to work! That's a great story.