Fun Those Picks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
When you first see Puka Nacua on national TV, there's a high probability the man is smiling. You keep watching and notice the next time you see him, he's smiling again. You don't even notice yourself smiling along. But you do notice the other people laughing around him. Finally, you get to watch an interview he knows is being recorded and broadcast worldwide and he's being asked uncomfortable questions and guess what....yeah, he's freaking smiling again with a chuckle after most answers. Forget that he's breaking all time rookie receiving records in a notoriously complicated scheme. Don't even notice there are some calling him the most effective blocking receiver in the game already. Few would go deeply enough to know that with the better stats, Mr Nacua could never think of Cooper Kupp as anything less than his mentor, friend, and beloved teammate. But you can't possibly ignore when he gets blasted after a catch, grimaces to the locker room, and comes back to improve his performance...with a smile. Most people don't mind seeing repeats of him bounding like a kangaroo to get his gameball. Heck, I wanna see that again.

Wait! Isn't that soon to be retired Aaron Donald skipping arm in arm with Kobie Turner down the sideline? Woah!!!! Will you look at that? Sean McVay is flashing celebratory smiles on a regular basis. My lasting memory of last season was a Rams player nearly running the coach over during what was clearly a season that wore on him like no other. Last year he didn't look like the youngest coach in the league. He looked like a young Dick Vermeil.

Please be clear, I'm not suggesting that Puka will extend AD's career or that Sean's rejuvenation came from anything as much as his internal responsibility to become his authentic self. What I am suggesting is that the PERSONALITIES of players like Puka, Kyren, and Kobi are infectious and transformative.

But don't take my word for it. The next time you watch the Rams, just check to see how many times they are smiling.

Makea Nacua is not always in the endzone but Puka Nacua IS always in the Fun Zone. It makes a difference, I swear.

I've loved this team for nearly sixty years and I've NEVER enjoyed it so much as I do now. I truly hope they win it all, but not for the usual reasons. The Chip of 99 was more relief than elation for me. I was never allowed to be comfortable watching the Rams win in 21. If this year results in a trophy, maybe...just maybe, Snead will have proven a new draft factor. Find players like Puka who just find the whole thing to be a fun game.

Fun Those Picks Les...Fun Those Picks

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
This team sure looks like they're enjoying the season more now. And it feels like no matter what happens its been a good year for Rams fans. We didn't expect much. Not only are we relevant now, we're also set up for another run at it next season and beyond.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
I'm inclined to give McVay the most credit of anyone. I think it's true that teams often take on the personality of their coach. And when McVay was at serious risk of burning out in 2022, he made a conscious effort in 2023 to find the FUN again.

And yeah-- Puka is a nuclear reactor of fun energy, that definitely helps!

dang

Legend
When you first see Puka Nacua on national TV, there's a high probability the man is smiling. You keep watching and notice the next time you see him, he's smiling again. You don't even notice yourself smiling along. But you do notice the other people laughing around him. Finally, you get to watch an interview he knows is being recorded and broadcast worldwide and he's being asked uncomfortable questions and guess what....yeah, he's freaking smiling again with a chuckle after most answers. Forget that he's breaking all time rookie receiving records in a notoriously complicated scheme. Don't even notice there are some calling him the most effective blocking receiver in the game already. Few would go deeply enough to know that with the better stats, Mr Nacua could never think of Cooper Kupp as anything less than his mentor, friend, and beloved teammate. But you can't possibly ignore when he gets blasted after a catch, grimaces to the locker room, and comes back to improve his performance...with a smile. Most people don't mind seeing repeats of him bounding like a kangaroo to get his gameball. Heck, I wanna see that again.

Wait! Isn't that soon to be retired Aaron Donald skipping arm in arm with Kobie Turner down the sideline? Woah!!!! Will you look at that? Sean McVay is flashing celebratory smiles on a regular basis. My lasting memory of last season was a Rams player nearly running the coach over during what was clearly a season that wore on him like no other. Last year he didn't look like the youngest coach in the league. He looked like a young Dick Vermeil.

Please be clear, I'm not suggesting that Puka will extend AD's career or that Sean's rejuvenation came from anything as much as his internal responsibility to become his authentic self. What I am suggesting is that the PERSONALITIES of players like Puka, Kyren, and Kobi are infectious and transformative.

But don't take my word for it. The next time you watch the Rams, just check to see how many times they are smiling.

Makea Nacua is not always in the endzone but Puka Nacua IS always in the Fun Zone. It makes a difference, I swear.

I've loved this team for nearly sixty years and I've NEVER enjoyed it so much as I do now. I truly hope they win it all, but not for the usual reasons. The Chip of 99 was more relief than elation for me. I was never allowed to be comfortable watching the Rams win in 21. If this year results in a trophy, maybe...just maybe, Snead will have proven a new draft factor. Find players like Puka who just find the whole thing to be a fun game.

Fun Those Picks Les...Fun Those Picks
Bravo leoram. Very insightful and articulate post. I agree….what the Rams have done in the last 6 games is a very new and delightful feeling of pride and respect for an NFL organization I have tagged as my favorite for 52 years.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Agreed. So. Hard.

The thing that gave me chills was the joyful, animalistic yell of Puka Nacua, blasted by both Minkah Fitzpatrick and Levi Wallace, and somehow, some way, making the catch with both feet inbounds. Absolute. Fucking. Chills. His energy is beyond infectious; it makes me want to go down there.

Believe me, I love Coop with all of my heart...but Nacua's got a piece as well, and he ain't letting go, that's for damn sure.

sloramfan

Starter
nice OP...

i think maybe we all have been smiling ear to ear this year...

i was leaning at 9+ wins this season before it started (im sure a post checker can verify) but i had no idea these rooks and second year guys were gonna blow up like this... i just figured with staff,kupp,donald and a handful of the lesser vets, we would be at least competitive...

after a few beers at the moose lodge, and the rams giving it to the seahawks, i was BS'n with a fellow moose and i said "i think the rams might win 10 games this year". from behind me i heard a loud "aw bullshit! the rams will be lucky to win 5 games". i think i kind of burst into a laff, and it pssed the guy off from the look on his face, and he says " you wanna bet on it?"....i said sure.. he said "ok here's the bet, if the rams win 7 or less i win, if the rams win 9 or more, you win, if they win 8, it's a push".. i said ok... he asks the guy next to me "he aint some drifter is he?" my friend says no.. i had to laff,since i've been living in atascadero since 1987...

anyhow, when the record was 3-6 i was thinking, man i wish i had put in a stafford has to stay healthy clause... not that i gave a shit about a chickenshit $100 dollar bet, but seeing the rams struggle without a healthy stafford was killing me...

well fast foward 6 games, and to tell you the truth i still couldn't give a shit about that $100... just keep winning boys, and if we get to nine THE DRINKS ARE ON ME!!! i'm gonna burn that $100 bill up and match it a few times....

just win baby...

go rams

slo

Ram65

Legend
Snead drafts players who love the game. It shows in all the smiles and miked-up videos. The youngsters' excitement rubs off on everyone. The veterans get excited on their own too. Stafford still has a fire to be great as does the other veterans.

Nice writeup. @leoram!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Nice post. And to get this type of team in a rebuild year is really something. (y)

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Football is SUPPOSED to be fun. We only get 4 months for sure to watch, maybe one more. Only 2 weeks left now.

Just keep finding guys and play to the best of their abilities.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Avila, Turner and Puka all play with a tremendous amount of joy.. and Young with real purpose.

Just a great group of young men to root for, for sure!