Fulton Miller - House of the Rising Sun

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I know he's not pro level YET. But here is my son's version of House of the Rising Sun. His voice cracks a little still and the sound quality sucks but maybe you can see that he has his own interpretation of the song and also puts in his own riff in the middle. I'll post a couple more later. He is doing Old Man and a couple others at a pretty big concert in July.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKgcT-AHRww[/youtube]

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
:bangin: You go Fulton!

That was pretty badass for a kid his age.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Y'know, I think the cool thing is that he is interpreting songs and feeling them when he plays. I told him not to try to be Joe Satriani or Steve Vai - just feel it and make whatever you play your own. He's got a real keen sense. AND THAT IS NOT JUST HIS PROUD PAPA TALKING. :bahumbug:

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Man, he did a great job. I play the guitar a little bit too, but probably not enough to play that song very well. He must be working hard. His voice is pretty good too. I wish him luck.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Thought I'd add a few from his performances at Burntwoodsstock - a three day music festival here in Oregon.

He did a set solo and then with his band Disparity.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTFbQM0KPEY[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHfP5SK0hFU[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h4fdohvspo[/youtube]

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Man, that's pretty awesome. So did you well up a little? Beam ear to ear?
What was the Stuareaction?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
RamFan503 said:
Y'know, I think the cool thing is that he is interpreting songs and feeling them when he plays. I told him not to try to be Joe Satriani or Steve Vai - just feel it and make whatever you play your own. He's got a real keen sense. AND THAT IS NOT JUST HIS PROUD PAPA TALKING. :bahumbug:
I love what he added, he has a really good feel for music.

Thanks for trusting us to listen and watch.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
X said:
Man, that's pretty awesome. So did you well up a little? Beam ear to ear?
What was the Stuareaction?

I had to watch it just like you did. The music festival was on the same weekend as our busiest of the year. It killed me but at least Becky (the wife) got to go. Still - yes indeed I well up a bit every time I watch him play. He's starting to really progress. I'm diggin it.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
DR RAM said:
RamFan503 said:
I love what he added, he has a really good feel for music.

Thanks for trusting us to listen and watch.

Never really thought about it. You're right... I must be crazy. :shock: :7up:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
That's good stuff man. I'd be wanting to go sing with him. Whatcha waiting on? :popcorn:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Ramhusker said:
That's good stuff man. I'd be wanting to go sing with him. Whatcha waiting on? :popcorn:

Oh I do at times. But I sound much better in a moving vehicle than on a stage. It's just not something you should have to be subjected to.