Frustration building as Rams struggle to score in red zone

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

click on the link to read the whole story. it won't let me copy the first couple of paragraphs. actually there are chunks left out. that's why it doesn't have any flow down below.

https://sports.yahoo.com/frustration-building-rams-struggle-score-red-zone-023415738--nfl.html

Frustration building as Rams struggle to score in red zone

DAN GREENSPAN (Associated Press)
The Associated Press•October 10, 2017

Los Angeles Rams wide receiver Cooper Kupp leaves the field after missing a touchdown catch in the final second of the game against the Seattle Seahawks in an NFL football game Sunday, Oct. 8, 2017, in Los Angeles. (AP Photo/Jae C. Hong)

Watkins, who failed to record a catch for the second time in his four-year career, responded to a tweet from former Rams receiver Torry Holt by saying, ''Something gotta be going on,'' followed by an emoji of a face with the mouth zippered shut. He also retweeted several fans saying Watkins should have been targeted more than four times.

McVay spoke with Watkins on Monday and was satisfied with his explanations for those tweets.

''Sammy is a player that he wants to be involved,'' McVay said. ''Looking at some of those social media exchanges, I think he was more just responding to those things and he knows that he'll do the right things moving forward.''

Watkins has one catch for 17 yards since his breakout game in Week 3 against San Francisco, when he caught six passes for 106 yards and two touchdowns.

''These last couple weeks I don't think are indicative of his production for the rest of the season,'' McVay said.

''I think it was extremely frustrating after the game and still frustrating when you go back and look at it,'' McVay said.

Gurley lost a fumble at the 1-yard line that hit the pylon for a touchback on the opening possession. He didn't touch the ball in the red zone again.

''These are positive problems when you have got a lot of playmakers,'' McVay said.

''We've got a lot of players that we have confidence in. Ultimately, I think people have a tendency to blame the quarterback on getting guys involved, but that to me is on me as a play-caller, because we try to call plays to get players involved to attack certain coverages.''

It could be the first step taken to address the many self-inflicted errors that cost the Rams a chance to assert themselves in the NFC West.

''When you look at it, I think the thing that's encouraging for us as a team is a lot of the things that we didn't get done are fixable mistakes,'' McVay said.

---

For more NFL coverage: http://pro32.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-NFL

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sammy, if you want more touches, how about giving 110% when the ball is thrown your direction?