From the "Nothing good ever happens after midnight" file

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
This man is 6' 5" and apparently makes a big target. At least they used a champagne bottle instead of a beer bottle. Shows some class. :sneaky: Best comment: "You’re move, Johnny Manziel."
********************************************************************************
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-griffin-got-50-stitches-after-attack-at-bar/

Saints backup QB Ryan Griffin got 50 stitches after attack at bar
Posted by Michael David Smith on June 16, 2015

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptuxnwywztdkytaxzwrmyzy4mjy0otg5otm5zjlhmzgx.jpeg
Getty Images

Saints backup quarterback Ryan Griffin needed more than 50 stitches on his face after he was hit with a champagne bottle at a New Orleans bar. But Griffin is OK and has practiced with the Saints since the incident.

Griffin, who is heading into his third season with the Saints but has never played in a regular-season game, was attacked around 1:50 a.m. on June 7, according to the New Orleans Times-Picayune. Griffin told police that he thinks he was attacked because he bumped into a group of men.

“Mr. Griffin believes words were exchanged and he was struck in the head with a champagne bottle,” the police report said. “Mr. Griffin said that his friends told him that they believed it was a champagne bottle because the contents were sprayed all over them when he was struck with the bottle.”

Griffin went to the emergency room, got stitches, and then talked to the police after going home. The Saints have confirmed they are aware of the incident. There have been no reports of any arrests.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
You can go ahead and put, "getting hit in the face with a champagne bottle" near the bottom of my "to do" list.

If he and his friends can't remember much of the incident, I feel comfortable assuming they were feeling pretty clumsy

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Having lived in New Orleans for much of my 20s and 30s, I do have to say that to be fair - 1:50 am in New Orleans is like 8:30 or so in many cities. Night life is just getting started in many clubs.

OTOH, having taught at Tulane - I do have to say the typical Tulane athlete probably is more likely to get himself into a champagne bottle smashing incident than average.