RB Trent Richardson thinks comeback will lead to Hall of Fame/On scout team at Alabama

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
It's always good to be positive. If you don't believe in yourself then who will? But c'mon..unrealistic expectations generally don't work out. Make the team first Trent, keep your mouth shut and do your job well. Baby steps.

Btw anyone who refers to himself in the third-person is going to get mocked, Prime Time commented.

tumblr_m1vknqkfDX1qeyt27o1_1280.gif

**************************************************************************************
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...on-thinks-comeback-will-lead-to-hall-of-fame/

Trent Richardson thinks comeback will lead to Hall of Fame
Posted by Darin Gantt on June 8, 2016

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwmxztnmzjexogflyzlhm2yymdzjmzg2nwvjyza5mjuz-e1411320832198.jpeg
AP

A few months ago, Trent Richardson was happy to be back in the NFL, and hoping to make the Ravens roster.

In the ensuing time, he’s raised his sights considerably.

CSNMidAtlantic’s Chris Miller asked the former No. 3 overall pick how he thought his career would end, and Richardson said it would be with him “Putting on a yellow jacket.”

Apparently he’s not planning to buy a matching hat and a pet monkey named George, but rather earn entrance into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

“People wrote him off, he came back and did some amazing things,” Richardson said, referring to himself. “He always had the pedigree. He just had to get back to the guy that we know.”

That will be quite a task for a guy who has never rushed for 1,000 yards in a season, or averaged more than 3.6 yards per carry.

But Richardson said his problems earlier in his career were a matter of distractions.

“As a person at that time, mentally (I) wasn’t stable enough to play football, for any level,” Richardson said. “My mindset wasn’t right for it, I had too much going on outside of football. The football was always there, but everything that carried on outside the field, it carried onto the field. I couldn’t think about football all the time. Football became little to me at the time. . . .

“This is a good chance of being my last ride when it comes to proving myself in the NFL. I know myself that I’m not done in the NFL, don’t want to be done. I got a taste of what that felt like. To tell my kids that their father didn’t have a job, it was big for me. I’m here, I’m going to be here for awhile.”

At least he’s back on the practice field this week, after missing OTA time with a hamstring problem. But that and his unmet potential are apparently behind him.
---------------
Don’t even test this guy- immediately put him in the NFL’s Substance Abuse Program or acquire some brain tissue samples and check for CTE.
-----------
The world needs dreamers, The NFL needs reality…!!!
-------------
The closest he’ll come to Canton was the time he spent in Cleveland.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Same guy who ignored a gaping hole and ran right into a wall during a preseason game with the Raiders? Yeah, ok. :rolleyes:

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
People wrote him off, he came back and did some amazing things,” Richardson said, referring to himself. “He always had the pedigree. He just had to get back to the guy that we know.”
In all fairness, I think he was misquoted. He said a WHITE jacket.

:rant:With really long sleeves....:unsure:....:rant:and buckles!

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I was laughing, nay guffawing while I thought I was reading something from The Onion...Imagine my shock and disbelief when I found that he was really serious...Oh, the 3rd person thing was the cherry on top...WOW, JUST WOW !!!!!

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think this is that big of a deal? Someone asked him how he thought his career would end - what is he supposed to say, "after this year when I don't make the team"? Or how about, "I'm hoping to just get up to league average, I'd be happy with that"???

Every pro athlete has to think they're the best - otherwise, what's the point? And he didn't even really refer to himself in 3rd person....he just told what he thought his story can be. I don't see any reason to even make fun of the guy here.

And on top of all that....RB isn't that difficult to play in the NFL (aside from the punishment) - how many people saw Devonta Freeman doing what he did last year? Or Jamal Lewis after his stint in prison? There are a TON of examples of RBs having one year of success, and that one year turning into 3-4. Terrell Davis comes to mind.

Richardson needs to find the right system, and he himself acknowledged that his mind wasn't in it, which could easily explain his struggles thus far.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
I don't think this is that big of a deal? Someone asked him how he thought his career would end - what is he supposed to say, "after this year when I don't make the team"? Or how about, "I'm hoping to just get up to league average, I'd be happy with that"???

Every pro athlete has to think they're the best - otherwise, what's the point? And he didn't even really refer to himself in 3rd person....he just told what he thought his story can be. I don't see any reason to even make fun of the guy here.

And on top of all that....RB isn't that difficult to play in the NFL (aside from the punishment) - how many people saw Devonta Freeman doing what he did last year? Or Jamal Lewis after his stint in prison? There are a TON of examples of RBs having one year of success, and that one year turning into 3-4. Terrell Davis comes to mind.

Richardson needs to find the right system, and he himself acknowledged that his mind wasn't in it, which could easily explain his struggles thus far.

If Richardson hadn't been taken #3 overall he would've been out of the NFL already. Anyone who has averaged 3.3 YPC over their career should just keep their head down and bust their ass. Until he shows something DRAMATICALLY different on the field he should just shut up. The guy hasn't even made the team yet!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

I would agree if he showed any glimmer of being a good or even decent NFL running back but so far he hasn't. He is a great athlete who had huge holes to run through due to a great college OLine. It was a mirage. Thank the Lord that Fisher didn't get to pick him. He supposedly was very excited about Trent.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/t...avens-presumably-not-heading-to-hall-of-fame/

Trent Richardson cut by the Ravens, presumably not heading to Hall of Fame
The former No. 3 overall pick's stint in Baltimore lasts just 107 days
by Jared Dubin

Trent Richardson's time with the Baltimore Ravens has come to an end. The team announced via its official Twitter account on Tuesday that it had released Richardson and signed wide receiver Chuck Jacobs in a corresponding move.

Richardson's time with the Ravens lasted only 107 days. It included one knee surgery and zero games played.

Richardson has gone through a stunning fall from grace since entering the NFL as the No. 3 overall pick in the 2012 draft out of the University of Alabama. He struggled badly (3.5 yards per carry on 295 carries) across his 17 games with the Cleveland Browns before being traded to the Indianapolis Colts for a first-round pick. He somehow fared even worse with the Colts, running for only 3.1 yards per carry (on 316 carries) across 29 games with the team.

He landed with the Oakland Raiders last offseason but was cut before the season started and did not play in 2015. Upon signing with the Ravens in April, Richardson stated that his goal was to make it to the Hall of Fame. That road just got even longer.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
L
I was laughing, nay guffawing while I thought I was reading something from The Onion...Imagine my shock and disbelief when I found that he was really serious...Oh, the 3rd person thing was the cherry on top...WOW, JUST WOW !!!!!

Guess I called this one as soon as I read it..Of course so did most folks...What in the hell was he trying to do, make a bigger fool out of himself than his "career" already had ??? What a delusional maroon !!!

Athos

Legend
Anyone that refers to themselves in the third person is either a narcissistic asshole or just plain crazy.

As I don't think he's joking.