From Path to the Draft--First Draft: Sammy Watkins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend

Clemson wide receiver Sammy Watkins appears in the top 10 in nearly every mock draft, but why is the former Tigers wide receiver receiving high praise? Get an inside look at Watkins’ path to the draft. (1:27)

From NFL.com

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
For me there are two "can't miss guys" I'll put my name on: Watkins and Mathews.

I love both.

I tend to lean Watkins because of the high pick, and a playmaker lean toward those picks...

Gonna be fun.

Alan

Legend
Rams and Gators thinking about draft odds:
Any way we could take both Watkins and Robinson/Matthews?
I'm pretty sure we can get Robinson and Matthews in the 1st round with our first two picks but I think there's only a 50/50 chance Watkins will drop to us at #44 in the second round. :ROFLMAO:

Sorry R&G. :(

Last edited:

nighttrain

Legend
I'm pretty sure we can get Robinson and Matthews in the 1st round with our first two picks but I think there's only a 50/50 chance Watkins will drop to us at #44 in the second round.

Sorry R&G. :(
what about Watkins and one of the top OL in the first? Starting to come around to Watkins, want Sammy to have the best.
train

Alan

Legend
nighttrain just can't help falling in love with Watkins:
what about Watkins and one of the top OL in the first? Starting to come around to Watkins, want Sammy to have the best.
I have to stop forgetting to use blue font. :LOL:
1a. Matthews/ Robinson
1b. Ha-Ha/Gilbert
I think Watkins is a luxury we can't afford until next year.

nighttrain

Legend
I have to stop forgetting to use blue font. :LOL:
1a. Matthews/ Robinson
1b. Ha-Ha/Gilbert
I think Watkins is a luxury we can't afford until next year.

That is what I was thinking, BUT with RS back in the fold, if Watkins is really as good as his highlights, we should take him just so SB has his man. I could see starting recivers next year as
slot Austin
WR Bailey
WR Watkins
receivers, the good ones seem to make their move In 2nd seasons, great ones like the Rev and Holt are ready from day 1. The question then is, which is Watkins?
train

Alan

Legend
nighttrain still prioritizing Watkins:
That is what I was thinking, BUT with RS back in the fold, if Watkins is really as good as his highlights, we should take him just so SB has his man. I could see starting recivers next year as
slot Austin
WR Bailey
WR Watkins
receivers, the good ones seem to make their move In 2nd seasons, great ones like the Rev and Holt are ready from day 1. The question then is, which is Watkins?
That would be a great WR corps for sure and I'd take Watkins with our #13 pick in a heartbeat and look for a FS later in the draft. But I wouldn't take anyone over one of the top OTs. IMO, it doesn't matter how good your WR corps is if your QB is on his back or getting injured.

If we could be certain that Long will last the whole year without injury I'd want Watkins too. Are you certain?

Last edited: