From Joe Roderick, St. Louis Sports Radio host RE: Fisher's future

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just when you think it can't get any worse . What has he done that deserves an extension ?

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
daisy-duck-holds-gun-to-head_67_paused.jpg

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
That will make @JustRVB jump off the deep end.

Me? I'm fine with it. He just needs the next Steve McNair and we'll run roughshod over the league.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I am disappointed in Fisher and his approach to offense, but this shapes up to be a terrible offseason for a coaching change.

Look around at the potential HC vacancies;

Dolphins
Tennessee
Detroit
New Orleans

You could maybe add; Philly, San Fran, San Deigo

Moving The Chains on Sirius radio said there could be up to 10 openings (but they were counting the Rams as one).

Tough market.

I like the idea of stability, so if he stays he needs help on offense... And...

Without an extension; good luck recruiting a top shelf OC.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
It would make me happy. This origination needs stabilization. Fisher has built a good D. The O is behind due to injuries. We need some more luck there.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Well, excellent so let's hope there are many changes on the offensive side of the coaching staff and somehow, someway, but the grace of God, the Rams find a field general that can propel this franchise into the upper echelon of the NFL.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
An extension would be necessary for Fish to attract a top OC. If they do extend him I hope to F that he makes a change there.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Is this guy reliable? Don't really know much about St Louis radio hosts.

RamsFan14

Starter
This must be a joke... I opened this thread anticipating Fisher could get fired... But he could get extended?!?! What... I like Fisher, seems cool and all and has built a great defense, but he deserves an extension?! I'm not advocating he get fired, that's not me, but what has he done to earn an extension?! We haven't been over 500 with him and I don't anticipate it'll change this season. He's defense is essentially a top 10 but his offense is bottom 3. The wins haven't been there and that's the bottom line, and we want to settle for this? Idk if I believe this report, or Kronke must be trolling the Rams so hardcore! Hate thinking like this... But Fisher does know what it's like to move franchises to different cities, as he was the coach when the Oilers went to Tennessee. Our maybe Fisher is a good enough coach, idk... But it seems semi bizarre to me we are talking about an extension at this point. Idk, have to wait and hear more about it.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I've been expecting this news all year. Since the Redskins game I've been thinking maybe I was wrong. I for one am tired of mediocrity, but much more tired with this teams M.O. of teasing everyone with a performance that makes you think we're contenders to win it all followed by three weeks of hot garbage on both sides of the ball.

Oh well. Stability is underrated. If Fish is the future I'm going to keep supporting him. You get nowhere in this league cycling through coaches. We're much improved from the Spags and Linehan nightmares but were nowhere near the promised land yet.

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It would make me happy. This origination needs stabilization. Fisher has built a good D. The O is behind due to injuries. We need some more luck there.

I agree.. and Yay! I hope so..I want to see this team at full force, then I will make my judgement.

FRO

Legend
If they extend him there must be some strings attached. He has to revamp the offensive coaching staff. He has to keep his hands off the offensive personnel decisions. He is good at identifying defensive players and special teams players. His offensive track record has sucked.

iced

reminds me of some comments made by fans of other Kroenke owned teams - "content with mediocrity" , etc.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Well, I've been lukewarm on a coaching change. The 3 or 4 year carousel is not the way to stabilize a franchise. So I'll just learn to taper my expectations. We won't be a woe begone franchise under him like under his predecessors but we won't be successful either. We'll always be that team on the cusp, just needing something to get over the hump. And always falling short.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'm not disappointed nor surprised by this. Like it or not, it is in keeping with Stan's MO. Some may say it is that he is ok with mediocrity. I think he is more into stability and working toward being a perennial contender. I honestly think that is where we are headed with a few positive turns.