From another board "Anyone else think this is a TD?"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Leslie said:
He looks to me like he had both feet down and possetion of the ball. As far as I know the rule is that the ball has to be in possetion and both feet down. There is not "make a football move" which he kinda did by moving or time that a player has to have the ball.

This is a TD from the last angle in this vid.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qxx0PLn9aLI[/youtube]

Anonymous

I've given up trying to make sense of it. That's a TD with total control of the ball and both feet in.....but it's against NE so of course the officials arms won't be raised until the WR escapes the mugging in the end zone with the ball.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Kinda weird that it wasn't reviewed either. It was under 2 minutes, so everything that's "questionable" has to immediately go to a booth review. It's as if it was the one play all year that was so incredibly obvious, that it didn't have to be looked at again.

Yeah...... or not.

Anonymous

It's been a decade of this with NE. Have to wonder when will it stop?

bluecoconuts

Legend
No.

Like the Calvin Johnson TD, he's gotta finish the process. He had it, and he dropped it. The ball was punched out as the second foot was coming down, if he had another step then yes, I'd say a TD.

Anonymous

bluecoconuts said:
No.

Like the Calvin Johnson TD, he's gotta finish the process. He had it, and he dropped it.

He had control of the ball. Both feet were down. Since when is taking a mugging without dropping the ball part of a completion?

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
bluecoconuts said:
No.

Like the Calvin Johnson TD, he's gotta finish the process. He had it, and he dropped it. The ball was punched out as the second foot was coming down, if he had another step then yes, I'd say a TD.
Maybe it was a catch, but why wasn't it reviewed? It's not like anything there was obvious. Evans had it, it was punched out ...

Again, the real question is would this call have been made against NE?

In Super Bowl 12 ('77), Cowboys against the Broncos, Golden Richards was credited with a TD catch in which he rolled on the ground and came up without the ball. It's one of those highlight reel plays I've seen a dozen times. The enduring image is of him standing over the ball he left on the ground. Long before review ever came up, or this narrow interpretation of the rule, but it still shows how wrong-headed the current rule is.

As soon as he caught that ball it should have been a TD. The defender knocking it out of his hands after is almost like a do-over. "Yeah. I meant to knock it out his hands all along."

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Typical shit. Someone with balls needs to stand up to this shit and get it to stop. These douche bags are constantly getting preferential treatment. You touch Tom Brady you get a flag while on the next series, your QB gets hammered with a helmet to helmet long after the play and no call. The fucking ground helps you catch a ball in the endzone and you get the TD. Your score keeper "accidentally" puts up the wrong down and... oops. You get caught video taping your opponents and you get a slap on the wrist.

That team and the dickheads making sure they get away with it make me sick.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
What I still don't understand is that that play was not even reviewed. The review official decided it was not worthy. WTF?

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
interference said:
What I still don't understand is that that play was not even reviewed. The review official decided it was not worthy. WTF?
Is there any wonder the Ravens' STs were rushed getting the FG set up? In addition to the clock snafu, they expected a review of the previous play.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
interference said:

WTF? I give you the NFL darlings - the patsies. No other explanation necessary IMO.