1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Froch vs Groves

Discussion in 'GENERAL SPORTS TALK' started by flv, May 30, 2014.

1. flv 

I just wanted to say i'm really looking forward to this fight on Saturday. It's 1 of those once-in-a-decade grudge matches. It can't possibly live up to the hype but I hope there's no controversy surrounding the outcome this time. It'll be on the streaming sites for those of you you won't be paying to watch it.

2. HX76 Member

Agree really looking forward to the fight. Who do you fancy to win? I think Froch slightly underestimated Groves in the first fight but won't this time. Whether his age and all the fights he has had will catch up with him is another thing though. Still I'll be supporting Froch as Groves supports Chelsea and is ginger!

Out of curiosity is there any interest in the States in this fight? My guess is there isn't and that most people don't even know they are fighting!

3. flv 

Froch underestimated Groves 1st time around and showed a lack of respect for his ability in the ring. It nearly cost him the fight. I had Groves way ahead going into the 9th and i'm 1 of those who thought the referee stopped it way too soon. I've never been a Froch fan and that partly stems from my involvement with the gambling industry. I've never cared for those who fix results or indulge in spot-fixing. Froch has admitted being involved with that in the past and he's an arrogant so-and-so to boot. I understand why he's a 4/6 favourite but I hope Groves kicks his ass. For 1 night only go Chelsea and go ginger!

4. Rams and Gators Well-Known Member Pit Boss

I've just created a book for it if anyone wants a bet, for some reason it gives a UFC logo for the MMA/boxing category? :confused:

5. jsimcox Active Member

Froch all the way for me. Representing us Northerners ;)
    He grossly underestimated Groves in the first bout, but I can't see that happening again.
    George Groves I cannot stand. Most arrogant boxer I've seen given how little he's actually achieved...

6. flv 

Thank you very much. I'll put a few $ROD on Groves to put the Northerner in his place. ;)

HX76 likes this.
  7. Rams and Gators Well-Known Member Pit Boss

Should be banned for that, just reported you to @PhxRam :p.

flv likes this.
  8. flv 

9. Rams and Gators Well-Known Member Pit Boss

ScotsRam and flv like this.
  10. ScotsRam Well-Known Member

freaking whoooooooooomph. No controversy this time!!

flv likes this.
  11. HX76 Member

Quite a poor fight I thought but not unsurprising as Froch didn't want to walk onto a early right hand like he did in the first fight so,it was very cagey. Absolute peach of a punch though, just a shame it wasn't in the ninth round as I had predicted in the sports book.

Good win for Kevin Mitchell on the undercard, one for the south there *pokes tongue out and waves wad off money at all the poor northerners*!

12. HX76 Member

By the way, why is Nick Halling a judas?

13. jsimcox Active Member

Us 'poor northerners' will take our superior boxers, football teams etc over your southern delusions of grandeur any day.

ScotsRam and flv like this.
  14. Rams and Gators Well-Known Member Pit Boss

Used to be an NFL guy, got his big break as Sky's NFL pundit, then jumped at the first chance of doing boxing commentary. It was however sarcastic if boxing is his passion then I'm happy for him.

15. ScotsRam Well-Known Member

NFL is his passion too he's a huge Steelers fan. And he's 50 times the pundit that Neil Reynolds is.

16. HX76 Member

I always just thought Halling was told he was doing the boxing now rather than the NFL. Seems very knowledgeable on lots of sports to be fair and I preferred him to Reynolds as well.

17. flv 

I don't think Halling was given the option to continue with SKY's NFL coverage. I think it was boxing or nothing. Halling has been the voice of KOTV, (which airs on late night terrestrial tv), for several years.

18. RamFan503 Grill and Brew Master

I have to say that it did look like an early stoppage. I would have thought the ref should have stared into his eyes a couple times to see if he was able to defend. But as much as the guy was getting pot shotted, it didn't seem like he was landing at will with no defense being put up. Not sure I blame the ref too much. It seems ever since the Mancini/Kim fight, they are erring on the side of life. Not a bad idea.

19. thirteen28 Hey Beavis, he said "member"

My god, what that an incredible right hand or what??