FRO Mock 3.0

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
Cut:
Nick Foles QB
Kenny Britt WR
Jared Cook TE
Chris Long DE

I love Chris Long, but he isn't the same player he used to be and he is expensive.

Resign:
Corey Harkey TE
Tim Barnes C
William Hayes DE
Nick Fairly DT
Daren Bates LB
Mark Barron LB
Janoris Jenkins CB
Trumaine Johnson CB
Greg Zuerline K

Sign:
Matt Moore QB Miami- Moore has had 3 seasons where he has had extended playing time. 2 were good, one was bad. He has nice tools and is known to be a leader. Was the Miami Dolphins MVP in 2011. Would be brought in to compete with a rookie and Mannion.

View: http://youtu.be/r444ELREBqM

Anquan Bolden WR San Francisco- He may want to play for a winner, but we can be a winner with help. Money also talks. He would be brought in to start and mentor young receivers.

Draft:
1- Carson Wentz QB North Dakota State- Has a bunch of tools and brings size and toughness. I like his arm talent and scrambling ability. I'm thinking Blake Bortles here. He may not be much in 2016, but has high upside to be a franchise QB.

View: http://youtu.be/HRLe5ltOD4g

2- Tyler Boyd WR Pittsburgh- He is the WR I covet. Yeah he doesn't have freakish size or speed, but on the field he is usually the best player. A smooth athlete with great hands. Can go up and get the ball. He reminds me of Keenan Allen.

View: http://youtu.be/cZxxBbsvNyI

2- Leonte Carroo WR Rutgars- He is a dynamic playmaker who doesn't get the love due to not playing in an offense that inflates numbers and not having consistent QB play. Has demonstrated strong hands and solid route running ability. Reminds me of Golden Taint with bigger size.

View: http://youtu.be/V-P_VfCW16c

3- Max Tuerk C USC- He is currently too light, but I love his ability to get out in space. I like his upside and believe he will be a very nice center after adding bulk.

4- David Morgan TE Texas-San Antonio- Here is a guy I really like. First off the star of our offense is Todd Gurley. We are going to run the football on teams. Having a TE that can block is always a plus. David Morgan can block. He is also a solid receiving TE and has been nicknamed baby Gronk. I don't see him being another Gronk, but I see Heath Miller and that's exactly what I want for our offense.

View: http://youtu.be/QH5SMM2pyr8

6- Ronald Blair DE Apalachian State- Blair is a developmental DE with nice upside. He lines up all over the line, but primarily at LE. He made some very nice plays against Clemson. He had 19 tackles for loss and 7.5 sacks on the year.

View: http://youtu.be/SQApJa7eaqg

QB- Moore/Mannion/Wentz
RB- Gurley
FB- Harkey
WR- Austin/Boyd
WR- Washington/Carroo
TE- Kendricks
LT- Robinson
LG- Brown
C- Barnes/Tuerk
RG- Saffold
RT- Havenstien

DE- Quinn
DT- Brockers
DT- Donald
DE- Hayes
OLB- Ogletree
MLB- Laurinaitis
OLB- Barron
CB- Jenkins
CB- Johnson
SCB- Gaines
SS- McDonald
FS- Joyner

K- Zuerline
P- Hekker

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I really like the draft.
Went has wow potential. Love getting Boyd and Carol in round 2. That fits with how Snead drafts in groups, and they could be BPA at those spots. The rest of the draft looks like great value and addresses need. If the Rams could pull off that haul, in what I consider a weak draft I would be ecstatic. Plus they don't trade away picks!

The rest.
I guess you have no faith I Keenum. Moore is intriguing, and he has had tutelage under a head coach that is a great QB coach, but I don't think he will be any better than Case. Why bring in a new guy to learn a new system? The learning curve could cost the Rams some early games. By next year Keenum will be even more engrained in the offense and play better.

I think Bolden is done and the veteran presence is there already in Welker and Britt. Why cut Britt who is younger than Bolden? And who is Washington?

Memphis Ram

Legend
I strongly considered David Morgan in one of my mock drafts. He's a man.

Caroo is dynamic playmaker who doesn't get the love due to not playing in an offense that inflates numbers and not having consistent QB play? I have to admit that it's sorta funny how you can see this for him, but struggle to see how the same can affect players already on the team.

There is no reason to move on from Keenum at all. He deserves his shot at starting and has already proven to be a decent backup QB.

Britt is a keeper, IMO. And I'd prefer him over Boldin who will be 36 years old next year.

Boyd better do a 180 and man up on his blocking if he going to see the field for a Jeff Fisher coached team.

Finally, I'd be shocked if the Rams were able to hold on to all those defensive players you have them re-signing.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm still unsure about Leonte. Need to finish my evaluation on him.

I think keeping Britt makes sense. He's got limitations but he's a really good deep threat.

I'd also prefer Chase Daniel over Matt Moore if we go after a QB in FA to compete.

Haven't seen the Morgan kid. I'll take a look at him when I get a chance since you mentioned him.

Rest seems good.

FRO

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

I think keeping Britt makes sense. He's got limitations but he's a really good deep threat.

I'd also prefer Chase Daniel over Matt Moore if we go after a QB in FA to compete.

Haven't seen the Morgan kid. I'll take a look at him when I get a chance since you mentioned him.

Rest seems good.
Think you are right about Britt. I want a good veteran WR to pair with the young WR, and despite his reputation Britt has been a model citizen here and a good deep threat. He is worth keeping.

PFF has Morgan rated as one of the best blocking TEs in football. He looks to be a solid receiver on top of that.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I expect Caroo to drop quite a bit. He's quite an enigma, many off field issues.
I'd love this draft but have a hard time seeing the Fish throw caution to the wind like this.
Oh, and I'm fine with keeping Keenum as I think he's a pretty good back up

spamlord

Rookie
Cut:
Nick Foles QB
Kenny Britt WR
Jared Cook TE
Chris Long DE

I love Chris Long, but he isn't the same player he used to be and he is expensive.

Resign:
Corey Harkey TE
Tim Barnes C
William Hayes DE
Nick Fairly DT
Daren Bates LB
Mark Barron LB
Janoris Jenkins CB
Trumaine Johnson CB
Greg Zuerline K

Sign:
Matt Moore QB Miami- Moore has had 3 seasons where he has had extended playing time. 2 were good, one was bad. He has nice tools and is known to be a leader. Was the Miami Dolphins MVP in 2011. Would be brought in to compete with a rookie and Mannion.

View: http://youtu.be/r444ELREBqM

Anquan Bolden WR San Francisco- He may want to play for a winner, but we can be a winner with help. Money also talks. He would be brought in to start and mentor young receivers.

Draft:
1- Carson Wentz QB North Dakota State- Has a bunch of tools and brings size and toughness. I like his arm talent and scrambling ability. I'm thinking Blake Bortles here. He may not be much in 2016, but has high upside to be a franchise QB.

View: http://youtu.be/HRLe5ltOD4g

2- Tyler Boyd WR Pittsburgh- He is the WR I covet. Yeah he doesn't have freakish size or speed, but on the field he is usually the best player. A smooth athlete with great hands. Can go up and get the ball. He reminds me of Keenan Allen.

View: http://youtu.be/cZxxBbsvNyI

2- Leonte Carroo WR Rutgars- He is a dynamic playmaker who doesn't get the love due to not playing in an offense that inflates numbers and not having consistent QB play. Has demonstrated strong hands and solid route running ability. Reminds me of Golden Taint with bigger size.

View: http://youtu.be/V-P_VfCW16c

3- Max Tuerk C USC- He is currently too light, but I love his ability to get out in space. I like his upside and believe he will be a very nice center after adding bulk.

4- David Morgan TE Texas-San Antonio- Here is a guy I really like. First off the star of our offense is Todd Gurley. We are going to run the football on teams. Having a TE that can block is always a plus. David Morgan can block. He is also a solid receiving TE and has been nicknamed baby Gronk. I don't see him being another Gronk, but I see Heath Miller and that's exactly what I want for our offense.

View: http://youtu.be/QH5SMM2pyr8

6- Ronald Blair DE Apalachian State- Blair is a developmental DE with nice upside. He lines up all over the line, but primarily at LE. He made some very nice plays against Clemson. He had 19 tackles for loss and 7.5 sacks on the year.

View: http://youtu.be/SQApJa7eaqg

QB- Moore/Mannion/Wentz
RB- Gurley
FB- Harkey
WR- Austin/Boyd
WR- Washington/Carroo
TE- Kendricks
LT- Robinson
LG- Brown
C- Barnes/Tuerk
RG- Saffold
RT- Havenstien

DE- Quinn
DT- Brockers
DT- Donald
DE- Hayes
OLB- Ogletree
MLB- Laurinaitis
OLB- Barron
CB- Jenkins
CB- Johnson
SCB- Gaines
SS- McDonald
FS- Joyner

K- Zuerline
P- Hekker

I like these picks.
Caroo's got some off field issues but I have him up there talent-wise with Treadwell and Boyd.

I saw Blair a couple years back (I think I was watching App. State to evaluate Quick) and was impressed - kept his name in my draft database--had totally forgotten about him. I think you're the only one I've ever heard (besides me) mention him as a prospect. My guess is he could be had as an UDFA.

Like everyone else--I have got to go watch some tape on Morgan.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
I don't think Boyd can get separation in the NFL. I actually like Caroo better. I want Boehm over Tuerk. Sorry, if we want a running game between the tackles, I want the mauler

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I expect Caroo to drop quite a bit. He's quite an enigma, many off field issues.
I'd love this draft but have a hard time seeing the Fish throw caution to the wind like this.
Oh, and I'm fine with keeping Keenum as I think he's a pretty good back up

Maybe Fisher and Snead will feel the need to take a risk and end up deviating from their draft comfort zone, since they are in the final year of their contract.

I don't think Boyd can get separation in the NFL. I actually like Caroo better. I want Boehm over Tuerk. Sorry, if we want a running game between the tackles, I want the mauler

I thought that Boehm w a s supposed to be the bigger project at center. I prefer Matthews myself.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Absolutely hate the Carroo pick. Rutgers is a program that's really gone downhill with criminal charges (especially in the Mark Flood era), and he's racked up quite a few criminal charges, including DV. No thanks. Great talent, but absolutely no character.

Otherwise, zero problems.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Boyd will separate. He's a nuanced and intelligent route runner. He can also go up and get 50/50 balls. My concern with Boyd is his attitude. He's a diva and his blocking leaves a lot to be desired at times.

Athos

Legend
People also worried about Keenan Allen separating.

Elite route running and body control means more in the NFL.

FRO

Legend
Absolutely hate the Carroo pick. Rutgers is a program that's really gone downhill with criminal charges (especially in the Mark Flood era), and he's racked up quite a few criminal charges, including DV. No thanks. Great talent, but absolutely no character.

Otherwise, zero problems.
He was never charged for domestic violence.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Rest seems good.

Have watched some more of Carroo. Definitely liking what I'm seeing. Good call @FRO

FRO

Legend
Have watched some more of Carroo. Definitely liking what I'm seeing. Good call @FRO
The only thing I haven't really seen is him go way up for it. Guy has strong hands, nice speed, and great toughness. Can take a pop and hold onto it. Plus he comes from an offense that runs routes. I'm always scared of the guys that come from the Big 12 offenses, although I really like the Baylor kid and the TCU kid.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The only thing I haven't really seen is him go way up for it. Guy has strong hands, nice speed, and great toughness. Can take a pop and hold onto it. Plus he comes from an offense that runs routes. I'm always scared of the guys that come from the Big 12 offenses, although I really like the Baylor kid and the TCU kid.

I remember him taking an INT away from the Ohio State safety in 2014. He's got some character concerns. I also don't have a good feel for his route running. The tools are there but I haven't seen anything yet that tells me how good of a route runner he is and can be. He has a skill-set similar to Reggie Wayne...but Wayne became a dominant route runner in the NFL. Will Carroo? Hard to say.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I love Wentz at 15 if he makes it there, and your second round is outstanding.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Boyd will separate. He's a nuanced and intelligent route runner. He can also go up and get 50/50 balls. My concern with Boyd is his attitude. He's a diva and his blocking leaves a lot to be desired at times.

Agreed, and I think that is an area where having Fisher as your head coach is an enormous advantage. He has his warts but is very skilled at handling troubled kids.