Friday's OTAs from my secret spot

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Day one I missed because of work. Day two rained out. FINALLY I got to use my secret spot!

So, short story long, I went to my spot only to find it wasn't secret. The property owner put up signs, no parking to watch Rams practice. :(

So I did it anyways, of course, and watched them stretch and whatnot until I got too worried my car would be towed and left. I circled Rams park looking for a spot. Did you know they have a friggin' MOAT?! They do. It sucks. So, finally, I find a parking spot about 1/2 mile away and hike back in to my original spot. :sneaky:

What a nice day to sit and listen to Greg Williams scream at players!

It's a distant spot and my eyes aren't what they once were. There was also a tree in the way for some plays. I could pick out some of the numbers and some were practice numbers so I didn't know who they were. Take anything I say as a Mr. Magoo description.

Of course, I didn't take pics or record. I have to leave myself some self-respect.

In general: I saw most of two sessions of 11 on 11 and other drills. The players were in high spirits with lots of shouting and applause for both sides of the ball. Tons of energy.

The defensive line dominated of course, and it wasn't even close. The O in general looked like they were learning, which they are. Bobbled handoffs. Screwed up snaps. Interceptions. Confusion. Not to worry though, it's a learning day, not a game day.

Foles has definitely worked on his quick release. He also anticipated receivers being open. His short and intermediate passes were all pretty accurate. His one long throw was a wobbly duck that would have been intercepted. He was behind the evil tree so it may have been tipped or something.

TA was dropping passes at first but improved later. He and Brian Quick, yes, Brian Quick, worked with the backup QBs in quick release short passing drills. there was a LOT of quick release short passing today.

Bailey was Mr. Friggin' Hands. Dude is so reliable, I can't see how he doesn't break out this season.

Who is 8? Britt? Whoever it was, he looked really good too. He fought off, beat the defender, and caught the pass every play I saw. Oh, wait, is it Tyler Slavin? Watch this kid. He plays.

Case Keenum was the best QB on the field today playing the 2's. It was timed drills or 2 minute drills 11 on 11 and he made every pass I saw. Then they stalled behind the evil tree so I don't know what happened. No one else moved the ball down the field like he did, but it WAS the 2's.

Mannion, not so much. He played scared and, even in one on one WR drills, he wasn't anticipating the route.

If Cookie could, or would, jump more than 6" off the ground, he would have caught a nice pass from Foles in the seam. He didn't. It was high, but it was off his fingertips and his to take.

Rob Havenstein is a MOUNTAIN of a man. I thought it was Robinson but I just now realised it was 79 and was him. I'll watch him closer next time. He was with the ones of course.

Next time, I bring binoculars. (y)

Last edited:

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Tyler Slavin
Rookie
6'2"
New Mexico Highlands

Thanks dude. I finally looked them up and edited the OP. He looks just like Britt in height, weight, and style of play. Could of swore it was him.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Good stuff, it'll be fun to hear all the progress in camp when they get pads on. Cant wait to get the season started already.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
What a nice day to sit and listen to Greg Williams scream at players

Bailey was Mr. Friggin' Hands. Dude is so reliable, I can't see how he doesn't break out this season.
I really am rooting for Bailey to have a 'Break-out' year!
Love the report RamzFanz, maybe next time you can record Williams screaming for us!!:D

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
This is all I can imagine from your post lol
3769912_orig.jpg

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Bailey should be the starting slot WR at least 75%+ IMO. Dude is money.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Bailey should be the starting slot WR at least 75%+ IMO. Dude is money.
Doubtful they will utilize a slot WR all that often. And my guess it will be Cook more than 75% of the time.

RamzFanz

Damnit
This is all I can imagine from your post lol
3769912_orig.jpg

For breasts, I would so do that.

Today, this was my unaided view:

(the only pic I took to show you good people my view)

Ramsota.JPG

You see evil tree? It's going to come to a violent end soon! :sneaky:

CoachO

Hall of Fame
For breasts, I would so do that.

Today, this was my unaided view:

(the only pic I took to show you good people my view)

View attachment 6508

You see evil tree? It's going to come to a violent end soon! :sneaky:
It's not as easy as it looks trying to see everything going on at once is it? Haha

Especially from that far away. Thanks for the effort and sharing with the rest of us.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Doubtful they will utilize a slot WR all that often. And my guess it will be Cook more than 75% of the time.

Maybe true. But I still think Bailey would own that role. Just my opinion ofc, but it is a good role for him.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
And maybe in cigs offense we will see more of it. Def something you need to watch for(for me) when you see them. Thanks in advance.

RamzFanz

Damnit
It's not as easy as it looks trying to see everything going on at once is it? Haha

Especially from that far away. Thanks for the effort and sharing with the rest of us.

I was like, WTH, what can I report with all this going on? I can't let my ROD brothers down! Then I settled in and focused on players I could tell who they were. Next OTA I am bringing binocs, note pad, and won't be hunting for a spot.

Can't wait for your detailed reports Coach. I'll look you up this TC and you can teach me your ways.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Here's a blurb on Slavin cut 'n pasted from a sleeper article:

TIER FOUR: SHALLOW HAL
9) Tyler Slavin, New Mexico Highlands

Tyler Slavin might have been the best DII WR of the 2014 season. Respectively first, second, and third in receptions, yards, and TDs receiving in the DII ranks, the redshirt senior receiver totally dominated the competition in the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference.

Of course, on a market share basis Slavin wasn’t quite as good in his final season as his raw statistics would suggest, reminiscent of Terrance Williams‘ final season at Baylor.

PlayerYearSeasonGmsRecReYdsReTDsMS RecMS YdsMS TDsTot MS
Tyler Slavin2014rSR1111914181730.2833.1944.7438.96
Terrance Williams2012rSR139718321232.9941.3835.2938.34
By no means were Slavin’s 2014 and Williams’ 2012 campaigns disappointments—but with his raw production neither player actually dominated the receptions on his team the way that some would think, and with his Rec MS neither player was especially efficient at turning his touches into market share of total production. Under normal circumstances, Slavin’s “merely” solid final-season production wouldn’t be cause for alarm, but Slavin really had production only in his final season (again, somewhat like Williams, except that Williams actually was much more productive in his earlier seasons).

At the University of Arizona for the first three years of college, Slavin redshirted in 2010, served only as a special teams player and reserve WR in 2011 (with no receptions), and then in 2012 played as the No. 4 receiver during Austin Hill’s breakout season, patching together a 22-224-1 campaign the highlight of which was catching the game-winning TD pass in the New Mexico Bowl with only 19 seconds remaining—Slavin’s final reception and final game for Arizona. In the summer of 2013 Slavin left the Arizona football team and transferred to NM Highlands for the 2013 season, in which he underwhelmed with an 18-290-1 campaign in eight games. So, really, 2014 was Slavin’s only productive year.

What helps Slavin’s cause is that he appears to have NFL athleticism. At his March 5 pro day at the University of New Mexico, Slavin, according to Tony Pauline, “if nothing else, secured an invitation to camp this summer.”

PlayerSourceHtWt40 TimeSp ScSh Sh3CAg ScVJBrJExp ScBP
Tyler SlavinPro Day742154.52103.02NANANA34.0115.0149.0NA
Terrance WilliamsCombine742084.5299.664.327.0111.3332.5119.0151.511

FRO

Legend
I just want Bailey on the field as much as possible. I would rather have him in the slot than Cook. I'm probably in the minority there. Bailey runs great routes and makes great catches. Probably our best receiver. Want to see him break out.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I just want Bailey on the field as much as possible. I would rather have him in the slot than Cook. I'm probably in the minority there. Bailey runs great routes and makes great catches. Probably our best receiver. Want to see him break out.
Idk if he is our best WR, but agree with everything else.