Friday Night Smackdown! 02/21/14 Results/thoughts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I'm going to break this one up into separate messages for easy quotability.

Daniel Bryan defeats Jack Swagger (Running Knee)
Daniel Bryan defeats Cesaro (DQ - Outside Interference by Kane)

Bryan, taped up like he's the new Colin Delaney, had a 5 minute just there match with Swagger, then Kane does his "You have another match" thing again (this time through Vicky). Bryan vs. Cesaro wasn't as sweet as the Gauntlet match they had since they had to sell the shoulder injury. When Bryan hits the knee again, Kane slides in for the chokeslam, then sarcastically announces Bryan the winner by disqualification.

Cesaro hits the Gotch Neutralizer on Bryan after the match. Because he can.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The Wyatts defeat Goldust, Cody Rhodes & Rey Mysterio (Wyatt pins Goldust, Sister Abigail)

Nice little match, but no doubt as to who was going over. End comes when Goldust sets up Rowan for the Shattered Dreams, but is unaware Wyatt was tagged in. A brief look of frustration on Cody's face, so I'm not sure if they're going with the breakup and feud or not.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Emma vs. Summer Rae dance off wastes my time. The face gets a better audience response, what a shock. Afterwards, Fandango apparently hits on Emma, and Emma pushes him into a schoolboy, then dropkicks him out of the ring. One year ago, Fandango beat Chris Jericho and now this.

Oh, and the Cobra is apparently now a metaphor for... um... Lil' Santino.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Dolph Ziggler defeats Titus O'Neil (rollup)

Wow, and I was just speaking about a comedown. Titus dominates the match until Darren Young, who was at commentary, gets Titus' whistle and blows it, distracting him. Please don't let THAT be a metaphor.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Jimmy Uso defeats Road Dogg (Superkick)

This is the inverse of the RAW match, but neither Billy Gunn or Jey Uso join the commentary team. Jimmy winning here means the Outlaws retain by the old wrestling rule of whoever wins on the "go home" show loses on the big show.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Sheamus defeats Christian (White Noise)

A better brawl than I thought it would be as Christian's heel turn is furthered. Christian did do a lot of work on Sheamus' surgically repaired shoulder.

Decent show, but SmackDown is the clear B show nowadays.

Annoying as it is, it does seem Orton's a lock to win the Elimination Chamber. Cena is beyond the belt right now, and from all reports is facing Bray Wyatt at Wrestlemania (though some have dream booked Cena vs. Undertaker). The whole injury thing seems to eliminate Bryan and to a lesser degree Sheamus. Cesaro winning at the Chamber would cause fans to cheer him over Batista. And Christian vs. Batista would be possibly the worst Mania main event ever.

But they have to know Orton vs. Batista would be crapped all over by the fans. I would still honestly expect something to happen to get Bryan into the match... and if they have any clue what they're doing, Wrestlemania ends with a big YES fest.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I turned off Smackdown! after the Uso/Road Dogg match. Sometimes SD holds my interest, sometimes like last night, doesn't.

I had to do something during the dance off...I ain't even mad. Emma's derpy gimmick is great...just use it in matches.

One good was Christian's interview. Thought that was great. Too bad he won't ever get the top spot long term.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
I turned off Smackdown! after the Uso/Road Dogg match. Sometimes SD holds my interest, sometimes like last night, doesn't.

I had to do something during the dance off...I ain't even mad. Emma's derpy gimmick is great...just use it in matches.

One good was Christian's interview. Thought that was great. Too bad he won't ever get the top spot long term.
Yeah, SmackDown really suffers from certain talent (notably Cena) rarely being there, being only 2 hours and being pre-taped.

I keep hearing that Emma can really go in the ring... they need to show it.

Yeah, I'm not sure if we'll ever see a run of Christian on top now that we're down to one championship. But he was ON last night. You should try to catch the main event. It was good.