Free agents worth it?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I haven't been keeping up with who exactly will be available in free agency this year (The Spring is an opportunity to come out of my Rams hole and actually have a life ;).

Is there really anyone who won't most likely be franchise tagged that's worth going after besides our own guys? Seems like it will be slim pickings this year. In fact, seems like some of the best FA's are our own guys this year (see Johnson and Jenkins).

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Smart cap guys will sign solid starters and depth in free agency, and find your stars in the draft.

I have ever confidence in Snead and Fisher to make a good pick in the first round, so why waste money on over priced star quality F\a's?

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Depending on what happens with our own players
Marvin Jones WR Cin
Dwayne Allen TE Ind

There might be some other mid level guys but I'd rather hold on to our own guys

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Unless the Player is someone really, really special I'd concentrate on resigning all of our men before looking at other players. Our FA's are among the best out their!!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like Marvin Jones from Cincy. Think he's a player who could outplay the reasonable contract he receives.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
I see a lot of people wanting to go for one of the Indy tight ends (typically Dwayne Allen) and Marvin Jones to help our offense.

Dwayne is really talented and would be awesome to have, if he could stay healthy.

Marvin Jones is a player I like, but I gotta say I'm concerned when you bring another team's number 2 guy to step up and be a big part of your offense. I know we have Tavon and Britt and Gurley so, on paper, we shouldn't need him to be playing like a number one type guy, but I fell like there is a good chance he could disappoint statistically were he to come here.

I wouldn't be disappointed with signing him, but I would be a little cautious.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I see a lot of people wanting to go for one of the Indy tight ends (typically Dwayne Allen) and Marvin Jones to help our offense.

Dwayne is really talented and would be awesome to have, if he could stay healthy.

Marvin Jones is a player I like, but I gotta say I'm concerned when you bring another team's number 2 guy to step up and be a big part of your offense. I know we have Tavon and Britt and Gurley so, on paper, we shouldn't need him to be playing like a number one type guy, but I fell like there is a good chance he could disappoint statistically were he to come here.

I like the idea of bringing in a young vet like Jones or Benjamin, ALONG with drafting a wr early in the draft.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim

I would like to see him in the same role here and know that this offense is not going to be in the top 10 passing stats, maybe not even not 20. So expecting him to go for 600 yards and 3-5 TDs would be reasonable.

He definitely is not going to be a 1000 yard 10-12 TD guy.

Also would not mind seeing at least one of the top 3 picks be a WR

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
I would like to see him in the same role here and know that this offense is not going to be in the top 10 passing stats, maybe not even not 20. So expecting him to go for 600 yards and 3-5 TDs would be reasonable.

He definitely is not going to be a 1000 yard 10-12 TD guy.

Also would not mind seeing at least one of the top 3 picks be a WR

Well... He was a 10 touchdown guy in 2013.

I would also like a WR taken in the first three picks. That or a TE, even though this class is pretty shallow.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
I like Ladrius Green, but he could be expensive as the most coveted TE in the offseason. Just as athletic as cook, but better hands and plays up to his size.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Well... He was a 10 touchdown guy in 2013.

I would also like a WR taken in the first three picks. That or a TE, even though this class is pretty shallow.
Yeah but that is just too much to expect in the Rams offense. I have seen Treadwell mocked to us a couple of times and I would be good with that, just not sure he makes it to 15.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I doubt Jeffery reaches FA so there won't be a big difference maker or #1 type guy but there are options who immediately upgrade the Rams at WR. I like Kearse but there are plenty of upgrades out there; I'd also be happy with Jones. I'd say it's almost certain they bring in a FA wideout and if Jeffery reaches FA the Rams would probably be the highest bidder.

I also think a DT is likely, probably not an expensive one but I think they address it in FA, very good chance.

TEs aren't deep but Rams might grab one after they cut Cook.