Free Agent WR's

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I have to wonder though. If Sam had Brady time to throw, would our receivers be actually able to get open? We keep hearing about lack of separation but how open can someone get in two or three seconds? I know it's not sexy but it sure would be cool to see Sam standing tall behind some real slobs.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
RamFan503 said:
I have to wonder though. If Sam had Brady time to throw, would our receivers be actually able to get open? We keep hearing about lack of separation but how open can someone get in two or three seconds? I know it's not sexy but it sure would be cool to see Sam standing tall behind some real slobs.

+100000000000

With the lack of perceived "elite" WRs in this years draft at this point of evaluations, going with Oline looks like a very attractive option. There are several VG interior lineman we could snag at 16 or 21.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
libertadrocks said:
RamFan503 said:

+100000000000

With the lack of perceived "elite" WRs in this years draft at this point of evaluations, going with Oline looks like a very attractive option. There are several VG interior lineman we could snag at 16 or 21.

That's what I'm talking about. We have to blow open some holes and pancake some guys so we can give this offense a chance. Huge jack on a WR will do little good if he only has a couple seconds to get open.

I'd love a Fitzgerald but I don't see him out there and at what cost if he was?

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I'd rather just keep our current group then creating another log jam.

bluecoconuts

Legend
RamFan503 said:
libertadrocks said:
RamFan503 said:

+100000000000

That's what I'm talking about. We have to blow open some holes and pancake some guys so we can give this offense a chance. Huge jack on a WR will do little good if he only has a couple seconds to get open.

I'd love a Fitzgerald but I don't see him out there and at what cost if he was?

I think it works both ways, that you need an O-Line plus guys who can get open and fight for the ball. In this draft because there isn't anyone really that I see doing that (well a few, but the way the draft works now I don't think many of them will slip) and the fact we have other holes, I have no problem picking up some O-Line and Safety's over a WR. No need to reach here. I'd take an OG or OT, then a S in the first round and a receiving TE in the second if we can.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
libertadrocks said:

This is why I like the FA route.

We can't tie our hands come draft day with the pressure to pick a WR, the Rams know this. They also know we need a playmaker on offense.

This is going to be fun!

UnknownREknown

Well-unKnown Member
It certainly is getting pretty exciting to think about the offseason! I almost think at this point we have to/should go OL with one of our first rounders. OL and Safety (which i'd prefer) or OL and LB.

Really hoping Quick can have a great offseason to go into the season with momentum and not have to rely on a draft pick to step it up the way Givens has.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
UnknownREknown said:
Really hoping Quick can have a great offseason to go into the season with momentum and not have to rely on a draft pick to step it up the way Givens has.

If I were the Rams... I'd put some kind of special training routine together for him.

I realize the CBA prevents him from doing anything mandatory, but some drills he can do on his own, etc.

This guy needs to be working hard this offseason!

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
I don't think we'll get a dependable veteran receiver in FA for one reason and one reason only. Money.