Free Agent WR's

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Sorry the graphic below looks so poor, but it gets the job done.

I like the idea of finding an established WR in FA as opposed to forcing it through the draft.

Of the "big name" guys; I like Dwayne Bowe and think the Rams should move aggressively to acquire this #1 target for Sammy.

He'll be 29 in September.

His numbers were down; 801 yards and 3 TD's... but played on a very poorly quarterbacked Chiefs team. Prior, he had back-to-back 1,100 yd seasons.

He'd only have to move "across the state"... which might be good for his personal life.

Who do you like?

PLAYER POS STATUS 2012-2013 TEAM NEW TEAM YEARS DOLLARS SIGNED
Danny Amendola WR UFA St. Louis TBD --
Dwayne Bowe WR UFA Kansas City TBD --
Victor Cruz WR RFA New York TBD --
Donald Driver WR UFA Green Bay TBD --
Julian Edelman WR UFA New England TBD --
Brian Hartline WR UFA Miami TBD --
Greg Jennings WR UFA Green Bay TBD --
Randy Moss WR UFA San Francisco TBD --
Steve Smith WR UFA St. Louis TBD --
Mike Wallace WR RFA Pittsburgh TBD --
Wes Welker WR UFA New England TBD --

Danario Alexander WR UFA San Diego TBD --
Devin Aromashodu WR UFA Minnesota TBD --
Donnie Avery WR UFA Indianapolis TBD --
Brandon Banks WR RFA Washington TBD --
Ramses Barden WR UFA New York TBD --
Jarrett Boykin WR RFA Green Bay TBD --
Deion Branch WR UFA New England TBD --
Plaxico Burress WR UFA Pittsburgh TBD --
Deon Butler WR UFA Seattle TBD --
Joshua Cribbs WR UFA Cleveland TBD --
Drew Davis WR UFA Atlanta TBD --
Kris Durham WR UFA Detroit TBD --
Braylon Edwards WR UFA New York TBD --
Brandon Gibson WR UFA St. Louis TBD --
David Gilreath WR RFA Pittsburgh TBD --
Ted Ginn Jr. WR UFA San Francisco TBD --
Derek Hagan WR UFA Oakland TBD --
Andrew Hawkins WR RFA Cincinnati TBD --
Devery Henderson WR UFA New Orleans TBD --
Domenik Hixon WR UFA New York TBD --
Stefan Logan WR UFA Detroit TBD --
Ruvell Martin WR UFA Buffalo TBD --
Marlon Moore WR RFA Miami TBD --
Louis Murphy WR UFA Carolina TBD --
Jamar Newsome WR UFA Kansas City TBD --
Kevin Ogletree WR UFA Dallas TBD --
Kassim Osgood WR UFA Detroit TBD --
Roscoe Parrish WR UFA Tampa Bay TBD --
David Reed WR RFA Baltimore TBD --
Aldrick Robinson WR RFA Washington TBD --
Courtney Roby WR UFA New Orleans TBD --
Jeremy Ross WR UFA Green Bay TBD --
Emmanuel Sanders WR RFA Pittsburgh TBD --
Chaz Schilens WR UFA New York TBD --
Jordan Shipley WR UFA Jacksonville TBD --

Jerome Simpson WR UFA Minnesota TBD --
Micheal Spurlock WR UFA San Diego TBD --
Brandon Stokley WR UFA Denver TBD --
Brandon Taint WR UFA Cincinnati TBD --
Tim Toone WR UFA Atlanta TBD --
Jordan White WR UFA New York TBD --
Matt Willis WR UFA Denver TBD --

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Greg Jennings is the only guy that really sticks out to me. He getting older and was banged up this past season. Lets hope for a quiet post season from him so we can get him on the cheap.

bluecoconuts

Legend
libertadrocks said:
Greg Jennings is the only guy that really sticks out to me. He getting older and was banged up this past season. Lets hope for a quiet post season from him so we can get him on the cheap.

Yep, essentially. I still wouldn't mind taking someone in the draft though, but Jennings would be great to mentor the young guys.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Bowe is on the top of my list...

Sure hope we can keep Danny too.

nittany ram

Rookie
Resign Amendola, then bring in Welker and Edleman.

Then sit back and let the hilarity ensue as Fisher struggles to tell them apart.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Bowe scares me. Sure he has flashes of great play, but damn if he isn't the most inconsistent player in the NFL, I don't know who is? A sleeper on that list that I'd like, Ramses Barden. He's a different receiver than what we have. Big dude @ 6'6'' but he has sure hands. Showed up big for the Giants when they needed a hand earlier this year.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Warner4Prez said:
Bowe scares me. Sure he has flashes of great play, but damn if he isn't the most inconsistent player in the NFL, I don't know who is? A sleeper on that list that I'd like, Ramses Barden. He's a different receiver than what we have. Big dude @ 6'6'' but he has sure hands. Showed up big for the Giants when they needed a hand earlier this year.

Completely agree on both counts.

Bowe has attitude issues. I likes Barden coming out of school a lot. He did show some flashes in NYC but always seamed to miss his opportunity to become one of Manning's go to guys

Speeps

Starter
I'm not a fan of signing free agent WR's. I would love to see us resign Amendola. That's it.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Speeps said:
I'm not a fan of signing free agent WR's. I would love to see us resign Amendola. That's it.

Do you feel we are "set" at WR or do you expect another draft investment?

I can't see a drafted player having the kind of impact we need next year... And I can't imagine the Rams thinking we are "good enough" at WR.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Other than Jennings and Amendola there's not much on that list to get wound up about.
Bowe is a possibility but will be very expensive, to the point of not being able to resign Amendola.

We might be able to flesh out the WR corp with some of the names on the list.

Speeps

Starter
CGI_Ram said:
Speeps said:

Do you feel we are "set" at WR or do you expect another draft investment?

I can't see a drafted player having the kind of impact we need next year... And I can't imagine the Rams thinking we are "good enough" at WR.
I don't think we're set. I expect draft investment. I expect Quick to improve dramatically, and Givens to take another leap. I think we need to resign Amendola, and keep Pettis, because he is a legitimate redzone threat. Gibson and Steve Smith should not be back. Gibson is extremely streaky and seems to have lapses.

I think the best way to improve the WR corp is through draft and development.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Speeps said:
Yeah, and that's what Snead said too. Now the question is ... is Quick enough, or do they try and get another one higher in the draft this year? I'm still holding out hope for Eifert. I'm REALLY on the badass 2-TE set bandwagon for next year.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
X said:
Speeps said:
Yeah, and that's what Snead said too. Now the question is ... is Quick enough, or do they try and get another one higher in the draft this year? I'm still holding out hope for Eifert. I'm REALLY on the badass 2-TE set bandwagon for next year.
Is that the kid from Stanford?, cuz I am ALL in with that.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Thordaddy said:
X said:
Speeps said:
Notre Dame

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
X said:
Thordaddy said:
X said:
Speeps said:
Notre Dame
Klopfenstein part deux? JK, The kid from Stanford don't know his name is pretty impressive. Watched him in the Rose Bowl.
But yeah I like the idea of two tight end sets intended to pass,NE is showing us how hard it makes it to rush the passer AND cover against that.

wolfman84

Rookie
Zach Ertz is the TE from Stanford. There's also Joseph Fauria from UCLA and Gavin Escobar from San Diego State. I would like to see another TE threat to pair with Kendricks as well. FA Jared Cook of Tennessee would be my first choice even though he's coming off a shoulder injury, closely followed by Eifert.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
wolfman84 said:
Zach Ertz is the TE from Stanford. There's also Joseph Fauria from UCLA and Gavin Escobar from San Diego State. I would like to see another TE threat to pair with Kendricks as well. FA Jared Cook of Tennessee would be my first choice even though he's coming off a shoulder injury, closely followed by Eifert.
I haven't seen the Eifert kid play, but will be watching him against Bama. IMO though that Stanford kid is already pro ready, Stanford plays "our kind" of football and I think hecan be gotten in the second round.

Asfar as FA Recs. I would like to have WO money being THE consideration Mike Wallace, In a three rec set with him Givens and Quick you could run corners tongues out.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thordaddy said:
Asfar as FA Recs. I would like to have WO money being THE consideration Mike Wallace, In a three rec set with him Givens and Quick you could run corners tongues out.

Wallace, Jennings, or Bowe would immediately resolve our WR situation. Not only do we finally have that unquestioned #1 WR, but the rest of the players (Givens, Quick, Amendola) get a boost facing #2 CB's.

I am less high on Jennings as he is the oldest of the bunch and a tad more injury prone, but he fits into the WC offense easiest.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Of the FAs available, I like Jennings. Plug him in and let him go. He would also be a great mentor to our young WRs. Bowe does nada for me.

As far as draft goes, I am with X, lets get us a big, pass catching TE. 12 personnel should be a big part of this O next IMO. Also, If we can get Tavon Austin in the 2nd or later, we would be crazy not to take him. Kid is a game changer. I would be ok with using a 1st on him actually.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Faceplant said:
Of the FAs available, I like Jennings. Plug him in and let him go. He would also be a great mentor to our young WRs. Bowe does nada for me.

As far as draft goes, I am with X, lets get us a big, pass catching TE. 12 personnel should be a big part of this O next IMO. Also, If we can get Tavon Austin in the 2nd or later, we would be crazy not to take him. Kid is a game changer. I would be ok with using a 1st on him actually.
Boom. Make it happen, Cap'n.

Although, now that we have it all figured out, we'll probably take another DL and a OL with the first two picks.