Free Agent Signings: Around The NFL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Free agency 14 sucks monkey nuts...

Patience.

I like splashes as much as the next guy, but I trust the Rams to execute their plan. Besides, a splash could be moments away.

Or, we fill holes economically.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Report: Raiders bring back Darren McFadden on one-year contract
Posted by Mike Wilkening on March 11, 2014

a90b83ce17656a5162f1623cf760ae17-e1394578448748.jpeg
Getty Images

The Raiders are bringing back Darren McFadden for 2014.

The club and McFadden have reached a one-year, $4 million contract, ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported on Tuesday.

According to Joel Corry of CBSSports.com and National Football Post, $2.25 million of McFadden’s compensation is in “unlikely to be earned incentives.”

If Rashad Jennings departs in free agency, McFadden would likely be the clear-cut starting back entering 2014. Latavius Murray, Kory Sheets and Jeremy Stewart are the other backs on the Raiders’ roster. It’s also possible Oakland could add a back, what with McFadden signed through 2015.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Raiders and Saffold remind me a lot of the Patriots and Amendola last year.

Great minds think alike. I alluded to this same thing in another thread about Saffold. The difference here is that Amendola went to a team that actually wins. I think the Raiders are paying too much for someone with a history of injuries, albeit he is still very young. He won't last long as a tackle. Too much space for him to cover/protect which is where he has been the most prone to injury.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Great minds think alike. I alluded to this same thing in another thread about Saffold. The difference here is that Amendola went to a team that actually wins. I think the Raiders are paying too much for someone with a history of injuries, albeit he is still very young. He won't last long as a tackle. Too much space for him to cover/protect which is where he has been the most prone to injury.

But, they signed him as a guard.

Still, one bump of the head and dude is out for X amount of games, again.

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
Is it Bethea that Tavon just ran past against the Colts last year? Where the speed differential was so great that it looked like he was standing still?

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Bears bid farewell to Julius Peppers
Posted by Mike Florio on March 11, 2014

peppers1.jpg
AP

Julius Peppers wasn’t a free agent at 4:00 p.m. ET on Tuesday. He now is.

The Bears have terminated Peppers’ contract, a six-year, $84 million contract signed by the former Panthers defensive end in 2010.

“We appreciate Julius’ contributions to the Bears over the last four years,” G.M. Phil Emery said. “He was a leader on our defense starting every game since coming to Chicago. His accomplishments over his NFL career place him among the best defensive ends over the past 20 years. The Chicagoland community has benefited greatly from his quiet generosity. We wish him the best.”

Peppers made $53.5 million in four seasons. The move avoids $14 million in total compensation for 2014, along with $16.5 million for 2015.

The second overall pick in the 2002 draft instantly becomes a free agent. It’s unlikely that he’ll be offered anything close to $14 million for 2014.

lockdnram21

Legend

softli said sources said saffold will play G this year