Free Agent Signing Questions

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
* When can teams begin signing Free Agents that were not on team rosters at the end of this past
season?

* When can teams begin signing their own free agents (Kenny Britt, etc)?

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Great Article! Thanks!

NP man, but I didn't see anywhere in there where teams can sign FA's not on a teams roster at end of season. However, last Monday was beginning of waiver period. ?

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
If a player clears waivers they are free to sign with any team at any time i thought. They just typically wont until after the new league year starts.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
If a player clears waivers they are free to sign with any team at any time i thought. They just typically wont until after the new league year starts.
Yeah - that's what I thought. It is just that there are certain schedules as to when they typically make roster moves. But I think a team could sign a player at any time if he wasn't on their roster at the end of the season - right?

@paceram - did you have someone in mind?

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah - that's what I thought. It is just that there are certain schedules as to when they typically make roster moves. But I think a team could sign a player at any time if he wasn't on their roster at the end of the season - right?

@paceram - did you have someone in mind?

Not really. I just read this morning that the Bills were getting ready to sign Richie Incognito and I didn't think anyone could sign until March. And, I will admit that I was always an Incognito fan even though he drove me crazy with some of his penalties! I really liked the toughness that he brought to the team! And, I was also curious when the Rams could re-sign Britt (Hopefully, they will!!!)! Thanks for information!

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
Not really. I just read this morning that the Bills were getting ready to sign Richie Incognito and I didn't think anyone could sign until March. And, I will admit that I was always an Incognito fan even though he drove me crazy with some of his penalties! I really liked the toughness that he brought to the team! And, I was also curious when the Rams could re-sign Britt (Hopefully, they will!!!)! Thanks for information!

I assume they could do it because he wasn't under any contract. I assume most contracts would have an end date that matched to NFL free agency. Not sure on that one only guessing.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The Vet FA Combine is the 22nd of next month, so I'm guessing signings open-up around then!

A320driver

Rookie

Ahhh...Sean Hooey was signed by the Jets Last month. And it was synonymous with them hiring their new front office. Which included a former Rams scout. Heimerdinger I believe.
BTW..Many coaches wanted him to stay, as he was their project guy, and they felt there was more time needed before they gave up on him ?..Heard it was Snead who canned him. He was a good RT,but Les wanted/needed a guy who can play both sides...Looks like Oher is damaged goods, and a guy who is a RT only as well. I think they'll be looking to draft a OT for sure.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Ahhh...Sean Hooey was signed by the Jets Last month. And it was synonymous with them hiring their new front office. Which included a former Rams scout. Heimerdinger I believe.
BTW..Many coaches wanted him to stay, as he was their project guy, and they felt there was more time needed before they gave up on him ?..Heard it was Snead who canned him. He was a good RT,but Les wanted/needed a guy who can play both sides...Looks like Oher is damaged goods, and a guy who is a RT only as well. I think they'll be looking to draft a OT for sure.

Snead ended up going with journeymen Mike Person instead. Person got a ton of action in place of Jake Long @ OLT & as the 2nd string OLG behind Saffold. Person was a long time starter in college @ ORT but has been slightly undersized being about 6-4 1/2 & just under 300 pounds. Hooey develop a bad rep very early when he played Left OT. Hooey was nothing special @ ORT either but he does have great size & length & the coaches thought he could be coached up. Rams are still in serious 2 needs for a swing OT & a ORT

But I believe your information is correct my information that New York Jets signed Hooey.

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2015...gn-ot-sean-hooey-to-a-reserve-future-contract