Free Agent Rankings

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
We just don't know with Long. I will tell you this, though. He got rolled up multiple times by his own teammate and the last one finished his season. Maybe a LG that can handle his own is the answer. I'm thinking of a Larry Warford type. One thing is for sure, Long is our guy next year so I guess we need to just go from there.
I mean Chris Long. He is due huge salary in 2015 ect and Clowney could be taken to replace him....I am not saying that is what I want.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
......play like he did is first season in horns then I'll trust the decision....
Not me I trust what I see....I seen nothing in his play since mid season of 2012 that would make me fork out 10 mil this season for!
.....We can always cut him next year before we resign Quinn.
Ok meanwhile that 10 mil was wasted on a non performing player when it could have gone to a much better performing player??? IMO decisions like that get GM's & HC's unemployed in the NFL in 2015.

Not sure this current StLouis Org. can make bad decisions like that & continue to remain as is today last in our division.

Last edited by a moderator:

fearsomefour

Legend
Yes I should of known you my friend would have taken notice of this LINEMAN! :heh:

The Oakland Raiders do some silly stuff @ times after-all they are on the San Fransisco Bay .....where strange things go on normally.....Raiders also gave us a gift when they cut and released Barksdale too in 2012 after trading several picks to get the chance to draft Barksdale in the third round in the 2011 draft.:cray:

The 26 yr old 6-8 330 pound Jared Veldheer was also a third round selection but in 2010. This young OT is a outstanding real smart I mean real smart well rounded OT who as far as I am concerned in the best UFA OL'er available @ this time. I consider him to be a better long range OLT for this team than Jake Long. IMO!

Just saying if Miami will let Jake Long depart then all things are possible in this matter too. Snead/Fisher/Boudreau have a solid history of desiring veteran Ol'ers.
Everything your saying makes sense....too bad he wasnt a FA a year ago when Oakland was dumping salary. Oakland does do some very strange things. It will be interesting to see if they overpay for guys (because they have money) and grab a couple of guys or are more measured and remake their roster by adding 10 guys for both starters and depth. Interesting situation at QB there as well. I like what I saw of McGloin who was sort of thrown into the fire. A lot of upside with him in my opinion. Like I said, a little birdie I know with some inside knowledge of the Oakland FO says they like Saffold....how much, who knows?

V3

Hall of Fame
Here's how I see it. Finnegan earned his money year 1. If they think he'll be able to play like he did is first season in horns then I'll trust the decision. But if he still sucks then I'll be really pizzed. We can always cut him next year before we resign Quinn.

He didn't earn his money in his first season. He earned it the first 5 games or so but after that his stats were not good. You could see him slowing down as the season went on. He just continued his downward spiral this season.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
He didn't earn his money in his first season. He earned it the first 5 games or so but after that his stats were not good. You could see him slowing down as the season went on. He just continued his downward spiral this season.

I guess he's our new Bennette on the defensive side of the ball. Maybe not quite as bad, but pretty bad.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Dang... if we keep him then I can see this board becoming kinda gloomy lol.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Dang... if we keep him then I can see this board becoming kinda gloomy lol.

Naw not with mr.stlouis around:cheese:

On your OLT Jake Long comment ....it has some good merit to it....Long now has some significant wear & tear on his body...Both knees have under gone the knife along with triceps tears-surgery & rotators cup tears- labium tears-surgeries & ankle surgery whats left?

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

On your OLT Jake Long comment ....it has some good merit to it....Long now has some significant wear & tear on his body...Both knees have under gone the knife along with triceps tears-surgery & rotators cup tears- labium tears-surgeries & ankle surgery whats left?

Female parts? :rofl:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Female parts? :rofl:

Your quick labium
"A cuff of cartilage called the labrum forms a cup for the ball-like head of the humerus to fit into".

Guess I should check my spell checker more often:heh: Sorry Jake Long about that:oops:

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sorry, running in and out trying to work outside while it's warm (20 degrees), saw the typo and it struck me as funny.

BTW, agree with your point about Long.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Sorry, running in and out trying to work outside while it's warm (20 degrees), saw the typo and it struck me as funny.BTW, agree with your point about Long.

Yep we had some snow flakes & sleet last night here in NWFL but today its a break in the cold too...but the next week looks frigid. Better get it down now.

We really do not know just how Jake will do with another (what 6th or 7th) surgery rehabbing event and just how well he will handle those speed rushers afterwards. Those injuries do mount up ask OT Dan Dierdorf.
http://nfl.si.com/2013/11/20/dan-dierdorf-retirement-nfl-broadcasting/

iced

wonder if one of those guards comes with an S-Mart discount..

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook

Haha thanks man

Heck yeah! Long is gonna be a blocking MACHINE! (And I do mean "machine" after all those surgeries lol.)