Free Agent Offensive Linemen?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

manmaderam

The one and only
Is there something specific you like about his game?

Guy is a decent backup and if need be a starter. But he is young enough to improve with our Oline so we could have a long term depth option. His play is similar that to Shelly Smith's when he played for the Rams. Not a great pass protector but definitely a road grader.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Connelly is a tough one. He bounced around early in the season and struggled like the whole team did. NE sat him for 2 weeks because of a bad neck and foot. When he returned they put him at G and Stork at C and things started to come together for the line and the offense.

Connelly was "Joseph" bad early on but played very well the 2nd half of the year. Injuries could of contributed to the bad play.

He is a smart versatile player who by all accounts NE wants back. It's tough to eval their line because they are not asked to do too much. After week 4 they stopped 5-7 step drops and Brady was back to 3 step drops and getting rid of the ball quickly.

I always like Connelly, smart tough player. I think his best days are behind him, he has been dealing with a lot of nagging injuries. He would be a good depth guy IMO. He can play all the interior positions equally well. He could spot start at any of them and be effective but I would be nervous if was being counted on to lock down one of the interior spots and there was no plan B.

Hope this helps
Great insight Boston, thanks.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Free Agency & Vet Trade

1) OG - Mathis (trade our 4'th) 2 years remaining on his contract
2) C - De La Puente (stopgap starter, back-up)
3) RT - Jake Long (swing OT/OG)

Draft :
1a) RT - Flowers (trade down while acquiring additional 2'nd)
1b) C - Erving (trade up using #41 & 2'nd rd pick received from Bradford trade)
2) WR - DGB (from Flowers trade)

LT - Robinson, JLong
LG - Mathis, Saffold
C - Erving, DeLaPuente, Rhaney
RG - Saffold, Jones
RT - Flowers, JLong

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Free Agency & Vet Trade

Like most of your ideas - hate the idea of trusting Jake Long for anything next season, especially to start the season. I doubt he'll ever be effective again, and I wouldn't want the Rams to count on him for anything on the off chance that at some point in the season he MIGHT be useful. There are better uses for limited cap space.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
11 career starts...Im not familiar with him at all. Is there something specific you like about his game?
Adding one "high" profile FA like Wiz and adding a guy or two like DuCasse is what I would expect the Rams to do. I would much rather bring in a guy or two like this than a guy like Joseph who is clearly past his prime. I also wouldn't mind the Rams bringing Jake Long back on the cheap as a depth T.

I can't imagine J. Long playing for chump change as depth...He's made so much money, I really think he'll retire rather than do that...He might retire regardless of what kind of offer he may get...I think retirement is the most likely scenario for him...

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Free Agency & Vet Trade

1) OG - Mathis (trade our 4'th) 2 years remaining on his contract
2) C - De La Puente (stopgap starter, back-up)

Draft :
1a) RT - Flowers (trade down while acquiring additional 2'nd)
1b) C - Erving (trade up using #41 & 2'nd rd pick received from Bradford trade)
2) WR - DGB (from Flowers trade)

LT - Robinson, JLong
LG - Mathis, Saffold
C - Erving, DeLaPuente, Rhaney
RG - Saffold, Jones
RT - Flowers, JLong

Mathis would be a nice acquisition but I doubt it happens after Kelly just got fleeced for Foles. But here's the thing man... The Rams need to quit adding old players on their last contract in free agency. De la Puente cannot stay healthy. Long cannot stay healthy. Eating a roster spot is the problem when you cannot trust the guy to be available. It needs to stop.

Wisniewski is mid twenties with upside. Sign him. Bring back Barks. Then draft 2 or 3 prospects in the first four rounds. Your proposed drafting of Flowers after a trade down and Erving sound great to me, but there are so many good OGs that will be around our pick in round 2 it's crazy. So not sure I'd move up tbh but either way if they add Wiz and Barks to this OL it's gonna be easy to finish up the OL with a couple key draftees.

I'd take Cooper at 10, if he's not there Scherff, if he's not there Parker or trade down. IF they do get Cooper take Tomlinson or equivalent OG in round 2 and some combination of QB and OG in rounds 3/4.

FrankenRam

Starter

He is a smart versatile player who by all accounts NE wants back. It's tough to eval their line because they are not asked to do too much. After week 4 they stopped 5-7 step drops and Brady was back to 3 step drops and getting rid of the ball quickly.

OMG!?!?!?! You mean there's a way to run an offense w/o getting your QB killed and doesn't involve investing every 1st and 2nd round pick for the next 5 yr on OL.!!!!

Who'da thunk it! ;)

fearsomefour

Legend
I can't imagine J. Long playing for chump change as depth...He's made so much money, I really think he'll retire rather than do that...He might retire regardless of what kind of offer he may get...I think retirement is the most likely scenario for him...
I agree actually.
I think it would be good for the team. Not sure he would be interested.